Welcome to Shattered RPG
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Buried in the past

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 520 posts
  • LocationRVA

Sending this message was important to us.

We considered ourselves to be a powerful culture...

Tera Mikami, the Countess of New Dementia and Insana's top agent, stood next to Lady Lierra, the Embodiment of Love. She had transported them both outside of a large monolithic structure surrounded by a barren wasteland. It seemed foreboding and ominous in nature, though such things were unlikely to phase another Embodiment. Several obelisks circled around the structure, but not much else was visible to them from the distance they stood.

This place is not a place of honor...

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here...

nothing valued is here...

"Tis not Lady Justice I fear." Tera answered and turned to the structure. "This is the Vault of Madness. A place forbidden to enter, even by me. Whatever is in there is what I fear, Lady Love. Whatever it is that Insana hides away from everyone is what truly terrifies me."

My Characters:
Lt. Cmndr. Mark Tepper- Former CEO of Grunder Ind.
AI Delta- DAIS Director
Supr. Cmndr. Thel Valdamee- Supreme Commander of the Mechera Military/Interim INTERPOL Chairman
Fleet Adm. Aki Sora- Commander of the 3rd Zarethian Fleet
Mark Halsey/Tepper II- High Librarian for the Great Records of Time
Lord Nathan Church- Vampire, Galactic Inc. President of Security
Countess, Tera Mikami- Ruler of New Dementia
Admiral, Regis F Hermitage- Former Director of the Zarethian Hand
Vice Admiral, Lucien Z. Rychart- Pirate Lord [Zealot]/Demented Prince
Antonio Stradivari, Demonic General of the Army of Hell
AMI, city of Sulvian's AI
Insana, The Embodiment of Insanity.

Col. Tarkov, Zarethian Systems Security Sr. Field Officer (Former HIRU Colonel)
High Seraphim, Grunder Tepper- General of the Armies of Heaven

My NPCs-

Iudex, Juris de Facta- The Embodiment of Order

Lady Justitia de Facta- The Embodiment of Justice
The Giant Golden Dildo on the Sex Planet aka the Embodiment of Sex (Spoof)

Nisorin

Nisorin

Novice

• Members
  • 43 posts
As she looks out over the Vault, she shudders. Her hands ball up into white knuckled fists and her clothes stiffen, the fabric shifting to metal from an instinctive sense of danger. "...there is much to fear in this place, Tera, but one thing that must never be released. Even if it causes the deaths of billions it must not be released.I can feel them from here, only because I've seen them. I've seen them used twice, in fact... Both times to completely eradicate a species already capable of rewriting fundamental laws of existence. I'm not surprised even you aren't allowed." She says, eyes locked on the Vault, memories of tragedies and genocides rushing through her mind. Yet again she looked old, and older still the longer she looked. Then she laughed, manic and near crazed. She suddenly slams her eyes shut, biting her lip to stop herself as she takes a ragged breath. "...Damnit... I'm sorry... Why, did you bring me here?"

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 520 posts
  • LocationRVA

What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.

This message is a warning about danger...

Tera was a bit lost, as not even she knew exactly what Lierra spoke so cryptically of, but it was obvious that she knew something was in there that could scare even the likes of her. It only served to cement her own terror. She had walked amongst the obelisks and read their ominous warning, written in Embodiment and Common. It warned whoever approached of its danger, and ever since she had heeded its warning... until now.

The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours.

"Insana has taken much care in making sure this place is never found, and that no one knows its contents. What is in their in its entirety, I cannot say for certain, but..." she paused, hesitant to continue. "I know that is where the Scales of Truth lie." she admitted. While not saying that Juris was indeed incarcerated there, she had made it known that his totem was kept in Insanity's domain, a serious implicated in and of itself.

"There are other things in there as well, but they are unknown to me." she added, silently.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director
Supr. Cmndr. Thel Valdamee- Supreme Commander of the Mechera Military/Interim INTERPOL Chairman

My NPCs-

Nisorin

Nisorin

Novice

• Members
  • 43 posts
Leirra looks to her, eyebrow arched as she watches Mikami. "...are you asking me to go retrieve them? I'm not even sure it's possible for me to get in, considering this isn't my domain. Even if I can get in, the, presence, of that may complicate things." She asks, turning back towards the Vault. She shudders, but doesn't go into hysterics.

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 520 posts
  • LocationRVA

The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place.

Tera shook her head. "I do not wish for you to enter this place on my behalf. It is likely, as you have said, impossible to enter so long as Insana controls this domain. I sought only to warn of what is to come, and ask that you help him." Tera said. "All of this time of lying, hiding, and deceiving.... One can only go on for so long with the guilt of it all. Even an Embodiment. He needs to move past it, but..." she paused. "I feel that he may have gone past the point of no return, as does he."

This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

Tera looked back to the structure as a wall of black dust slowly obscured it from their view.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Nisorin

Nisorin

Novice

• Members
  • 43 posts
Leirra sighs and looks back to the fading view of the Vault. "...Why did he take the Scales in the first place? What wrong is he trying to undo? Is he haunted by his use of the Scrolls? Or further back even, to his so-called crimes that got him sentenced to become the first Embodiment?" She muses, more to herself than anything, before turning back to Tera. "...what is it you need me to do, Countess? Or Mrs. Tyris, for that matter?"

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 520 posts
  • LocationRVA

"The situation with the sage, Hikaru Tyris, is more of a personal matter to Insana. He sees a dark path she is heading down and fears it may be a similar one that he himself traveled." Tera said. "Though we know now that she seeks the Scrolls of..." she paused, mid sentence as if trying to say the last word, but unable to speak it. The artifact was something so shunned by Insana himself that those in his domain were forbidden to speak it.

She took a deep breath and sighed. "The scrolls. His holiness is determined that she abandon that line of inquiry, but it seems unlikely considering the reason she seeks them. A mother's love is a force to be reckoned with, yes?"

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Nisorin

Nisorin

Novice

• Members
  • 43 posts
Leirra's eyebrow arches at that, looking to Mikami. "Well now, that is interesting... I wonder how it is she even found out about the Scrolls. Though I can't fault her motivations, certainly... Though I noticed you avoided my other two questions." She says, looking to Mikami. She sighs and looks back towards the fog. "I understand Mrs. Tyris was the one who called me, but what can I do?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users