Welcome to Shattered RPG
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Insanus Pt. 5.5: Quid Pro Quo

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 536 posts
  • LocationRVA

Juris stood by vigilant as ever as Hikaru went about her exposition about Koty and watched observantly as the memories played out before him. He seemed to watch closely as if he could perceive what she was in fact seeing as well, likely answering her previous question to herself.

He turned back to her as the memories faded. "The City is one of semi-permanence from what I know, but like everything this hellish domain, information tends to come back..... confused. I am not permitted to visit or interact with the denizens of this place in any way, shape, or form, likely in furtherance of my interment." he started to pace around and looked upward into the nothingness that surrounded them.

"Is there a particular person whom you seek that you believe here in this place?" he asked, still looking up.

My Characters:
Lt. Cmndr. Mark Tepper- Former CEO of Grunder Ind.
AI Delta- DAIS Director
Supr. Cmndr. Thel Valdamee- Supreme Commander of the Mechera Military/Interim INTERPOL Chairman
Fleet Adm. Aki Sora- Commander of the 3rd Zarethian Fleet
Mark Halsey/Tepper II- High Librarian for the Great Records of Time
Lord Nathan Church- Vampire, Galactic Inc. President of Security
Countess, Tera Mikami- Ruler of New Dementia
Admiral, Regis F Hermitage- Former Director of the Zarethian Hand
Vice Admiral, Lucien Z. Rychart- Pirate Lord [Zealot]/Demented Prince
Antonio Stradivari, Demonic General of the Army of Hell
AMI, city of Sulvian's AI
Insana, The Embodiment of Insanity.

Col. Tarkov, Zarethian Systems Security Sr. Field Officer (Former HIRU Colonel)
High Seraphim, Grunder Tepper- General of the Armies of Heaven

My NPCs-

Iudex, Juris de Facta- The Embodiment of Order

Lady Justitia de Facta- The Embodiment of Justice
The Giant Golden Dildo on the Sex Planet aka the Embodiment of Sex (Spoof)

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 567 posts

Great, he had seen them. Just great. Hikaru sighed again, mentally scolding herself. That was the issue with being in your own consciousness. It was much too easy to end up sharing your true thoughts and harder to hide your emotions, since the mind was literally made up of those things. Which was another reason she did not want anyone in it. She would just have to dismiss it, act like it had been nothing and make sure not to get lost in her thoughts again. Both figuratively and literally. No thoughts about Koty, her family, or anything about any situations she had been dealing with before she ended up here, unless it had to do with the current situation at hand. Just focus on escape and nothing but escape. No drifting!

"Forget anything you just saw..." Hikaru grumbled. "It is just lingering trash that has yet to be gotten rid of and will be sealed where it belongs the moment I get my magic back... As for anyone in particular. Yes. Lucifer's lackey. That demon that I followed here. He came here willingly, which must mean he has some standing, or at least enough to have better access to the realm. If we could get in contact with him, and make him help which I may have an idea for... Then he could set spell circles in the areas that he has access to, and link them to a larger spell circle to here, for a long-range scrying spell in attempt to find my soul and thus possibly that location. The issue is getting in contact with him..."

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 536 posts
  • LocationRVA

"Quite..." Juris responded to her explanation of the involuntary memories of which he was a witness to. His tone was one of a man unconvinced. These memories meant something to her and he knew it. The several times she had mentioned Koty, or as Juris had known of him, Destruction, she seemed hesitant to even show a semblance of personal connection with him, making it suspicious in the first place... Not that she could truly lie to the one who's totem was the Scale of Truth, he mused to himself.

"Yes, the Demon. I felt his presence upon his arrival, The presence of an Agent of Destruction was a peculiar one." He admitted. "Though my ability to contact anyone in this realm is naught, with perhaps 2 exceptions. So unless you have some way of circumventing the control restraints that are imposed on me here, these are..." he thought for a second trying to think of the phrase.  "Mortuus in adventu." he finally said in Embodiment language.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director
Supr. Cmndr. Thel Valdamee- Supreme Commander of the Mechera Military/Interim INTERPOL Chairman

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 567 posts

Hikaru sighed. "If I had my magic, and specifically the Revelation magic, then possibly there would be ways. The Revelation magic had a lot of information on people like you... the Embodiments.. Pages and pages of it, not just the spell I used to seal Ko--- Destruction, but other magical formulas and writings as well... " She glanced around and then muttered "And even I have not read the entire book. ...or what was the book. It is gone now. But a little more than half of it was written in the same language that your book was. Those pages were different from the others.." She closed her eyes and focused for a moment, bringing forth the memories of the Revelation spell book. The only 'copy that existed anymore. Like the other involuntary memories from before, these ones purposed this time, appeared around them like a moving being played back.

"The things I could translate, were the sealing spell, bits and pieces about truenames, and little of the parts on spirits.. " She kept looking away, obviously ashamed at having to admit her ignorance on the rest of the Revelation book, despite her bragging from before. "If there is anyway to bypass or beat you Embodiments at your own powers, it would probably be in there and involve Revelation magic. But again... If I had my magic, I would not be here speaking to you in the first place." Hikaru crossed her arms and turned back to glare. "So there must be something else to be done, something still untried...  if only there was a way to get a magical link to the outside world or even just a small spell to another area.. But if contact with others is prevented, and there is no way to simply go there.. then what else is there.." She sighed again. "If I had magic I would send a familiar, but even your stupid portal stopped that, so familiars would be out anyway, which means it would have to be something already permitt--- WAIT!" She abruptly went silent.

She blinked and looked to the ground in thought. Could the answer be so easy? There was no that hadn't been thought of yet and blocked. But then again.. If the Embodiments didn't need to use magic, maybe that also meant they didn't have to think like a mage..

"You said you were studying magic here with texts provided... Provided by who, how, and when? Also, whoever it is, do they take back the ones you finish with?"

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 536 posts
  • LocationRVA

Juris took the book and started to skim it pages, almost as if speed reading it at a breakneck speed. The pages flipped rapidly before they stopped on the part Hikaru had referred to. The ones that were different than the rest. Juris had read something like this book, but it had been so long. He stopped because he recognized the handwriting... It was her's.

"Crea...." he mouthed to himself as he ran his fingers across the written words. It was as if he was feeling them, or the person writing them. He sat there for a few seconds and took a few deep, metered breaths. He closed the book and examined the cover.

"I have seen texts like these, and I can assure you this is far from the only one of its kind. It is part of a compendium of others, though im sure many have long since disappeared and been lost to time." Juris said. "The books of; the Consuls Matthaeus and Iohn, Iudices, and Genesis come to memory."

"As for the books I had more recently studied, such books were bequeathed to me by my brother or in some cases, his chief agent. Some I have kept in a small library, but most have been returned as I have had no more use for them." he finally answered her original question.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 567 posts

There were more of them?! Hikaru's shock was clearly evident as she looked back up to stare at him when he mentioned it being part of a collection of others. Her eyes widened even more when he started to list the names off, and her mouth hung slightly open when he mentioned Genesis. Genesis as in like the Genesis magic? Or another Genesis? If the books were all spell books as this one had been, then that would make Genesis one as well, but was it the same Genesis? Hikaru realized her mouth was hanging open and promptly closed it and shook her head. She couldn't think of that right now. She had to focus on escape. That was the most important thing. Maybe if she somehow managed to stay on Order's good side, she could ask for more information after they escaped, though the likeliness of that happening was little. Maybe if she had something to trade him... perhaps that could work but first..

"Return one of the books, or get another one, or even another object from that girl. What it is does not matter. We just need something, anything, to go from you to back out there." As Hikaru spoke she began to trace the 'air' and draw symbols of gold energy within it, runes and spell circles alike. When she was done, she pointed to the first symbol and explained, "Remote viewing seal; If set on an object can give the caster sounds or sight or both, depending on what was set, of everything around it. Because it is a seal it is a type of programmed magic and would normally not be sensed, however since it is calling back to the caster, that also makes it active and thus to best hide it, we would probably also need a displacement field around just the seal itself...." She paused a moment in thought before adding, "..and perhaps all of the other spells set just for good measure.."

Hikaru then pointed to the next symbol near the remote viewing seal. "Then we have as second seal also placed upon the object. This one being a fixed-release autodormancy seal with a set trigger that when activated, would call upon the last and third seal..." She pointed to the last symbol that was more of a minature spell circle with several runes within it. "A forced summoning spell."

She then drew a crude outline of a book in the air, where the front cover showed. "The idea would be this.. If you can, place a remote viewing seal upon the front. That way you can tell when the book or object would be placed down and left alone. You would then trigger, by word or whatever you set the trigger to be the fixed-release seal which would have been dormant til that point. Those types of seals are blank until triggered, and then they do as the caster wills. Which in this case, would be to send out a pulse of Destric energy. Because Ko-- Destruction is dead, and my children would not be here, such a signature would be a mystery, and probably enough bait to attract that damn demon. Which is where the last spell comes into play." She pointed to the spell circle. "Forced-Summoning, set to only activate if his signature touches the book. The forced-summoning itself of course would be set to bring the summoned to the caster, which would solve the issue of contacting someone."

Hikaru looked back to him. "If you can cast the remote viewing seal and the displacement fields, then I can cast the other two with spirit energy. The first one would drain me, since it is an active-type spell. However, the second two are mere programmed and thus do not require a constant connection. Besides, I would have to be the one to cast the fixed-release seal, since due to my  ....connection... with Koty..., I have limited control of Destric Energy, at least enough to send out a signature pulse." She looked away after mentioning Koty. "And for the forced-summoning seal, if I cast it, that solves any issue of spells preventing you from being able to contact people."

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 536 posts
  • LocationRVA

"There are a lot of assumptions with this plan." Juris said after listening. "You are assuming these books are of some sort of physical form and not made of the energy that makes this place up. You are also assuming it will go somehow undetected even with your countermeasures. Additionally IF everything you say goes according to plan, you are assuming this demon you seek will go after the book and trigger the summoning, and that is only if he is here and does not find himself in a similar situation as the both of us." Juris explained.

"And who is to say it will not simply result in his own death once he discovers me?" Juris questioned and outstretched his left hand. Appearing was a set of scales that hung from his middle finger by a ring atop it. "But that is what you really want now is it not?" he asked very pointedly.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 567 posts

Hikaru raised an eyebrow. Just what was with the scales? He had a set when she first met him, and now here in her own mind he had materialized another set? For what purpose? What was the object? If his item was truly stolen as he said it was, then it was not his item as she originally thought. So then what were they and what was he using them for? Hikaru looked almost confused as she stared at them but tried to hide it.

"I assume they are real, because that is the easiest thing to assume. Even with the best illusion magic in existence, the copy would have to be a duplicate of an original. With books, even more so. Otherwise what would they say if not based on a real one? If spell books you would have to know every page, every diagram, and every word written from the original to duplicate it. Why even bother with such an effort when you can just materialize and hand over the original? The only time that would make any sense to do, would be if you were afraid of not getting the original back from the person you loaned it. Which seems hardly an issue in this case." She rolled her eyes.

"Even if the other two parts of the plan have less chance of happening, at least by doing the first we would know. Plus it gives a connection to the main area, and if it somehow fails, gives more information in to figuring out why. Though I highly doubt he is in the same situation, as he chose to come here willingly. Why would anyone, even a demon of Hell choose to be a prisoner?"

She then shook her head, "As for wanting him dead...." Hikaru scoffed while giving a short laugh. "Make no mistake, after what he attempted, I would like nothing better than to see him die. However, amusing as it would be to watch him die from a casualty of helping, it would not be as satisfying." She glared. "If he dies, he will die by my hand, in a battle of magic when I have my soul back, where I can show him just how bad of an idea it was for him to ever fuck with the eldest of the Sage Three!" In her anger, Hikaru's irises flashed a brighter gold before they became stained with crimson. She may not have had her magic, but her appearance by her magic was used to reacting to her emotions, and since they were in her mind, her internal appearance replicated that if by a subconscious habit.

"Him and Insanity both." Hikaru was quick to add after she'd calmed down. "But why would he die anyway?! Is that what is setup to happen if you contact people here? If so, just stay out of sight. All we need is for him to help with a locator spell, and I already know the deal to pull him on him to force him to help. Though if he does die by seeing you, is that really such a bad thing? He is a demon, already dead, with Lucifer dead and Hell destroyed, he would just go back to Purgat--" She stopped. "Come to think of it.... If all other plans do fail..." She blinked before shrugging. "Then just kill me."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users