Welcome to Shattered RPG
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Insanus Pt. 5.5: Quid Pro Quo

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 543 posts
  • LocationRVA

Hikaru would find herself still unconscious in ND, but in an empty space deep in the crevices of her mind.

"You know..." a voice called out to her. "All you had to do was agree. Quid Pro Quo. This for that." it followed up. It was the unmistakable, commanding voice of Juris de Facta.

"And it seems dear Lierra has come searching for answers as well, or you probably." he emerged from the darkness, rubbing his temple with his left hand. He was holding a rather large book in his other. "So are you ready to talk again?"

He look up from his hand, into her eyes and suddenly her memories of him would come flooding back, for now at least.

My Characters:
Lt. Cmndr. Mark Tepper- Former CEO of Grunder Ind.
AI Delta- DAIS Director
Supr. Cmndr. Thel Valdamee- Supreme Commander of the Mechera Military/Interim INTERPOL Chairman
Fleet Adm. Aki Sora- Commander of the 3rd Zarethian Fleet
Mark Halsey/Tepper II- High Librarian for the Great Records of Time
Lord Nathan Church- Vampire, Galactic Inc. President of Security
Countess, Tera Mikami- Ruler of New Dementia
Admiral, Regis F Hermitage- Former Director of the Zarethian Hand
Vice Admiral, Lucien Z. Rychart- Pirate Lord [Zealot]/Demented Prince
Antonio Stradivari, Demonic General of the Army of Hell
AMI, city of Sulvian's AI
Insana, The Embodiment of Insanity.

Col. Tarkov, Zarethian Systems Security Sr. Field Officer (Former HIRU Colonel)
High Seraphim, Grunder Tepper- General of the Armies of Heaven

My NPCs-

Iudex, Juris de Facta- The Embodiment of Order

Lady Justitia de Facta- The Embodiment of Justice
The Giant Golden Dildo on the Sex Planet aka the Embodiment of Sex (Spoof)

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 607 posts

With how much she had exhausted her spirit out by using it to the last dredges of energy, Hikaru would normally have been unable to maintain any sort of spiritscape or mindscape given that it was the literal spirit and thus mind drained. But with Leirra having directed energy to restore it, Hikaru's spirit was now starting to slowly heal. It just wasn't enough to have her fully conscious yet... ..or change the scenery of her own mind for that matter.

Which she quickly realized as she tried to will the darkness away only to have it remain. It seemed this would not be the same as before.

"...For one who claims they have other options, you seem pretty damn desperate to make a deal." Hikaru finally commented after she had given up on trying to change the area and now crossed her arms glaring at him. Her expression however, was one of confusion With the memories of what had all just transpired returned to her, she knew where she was and why, and she knew who was before her. But it did not answer the question of why he was before her. With her father it had been because he was Ingrounded. How had Order done the same?

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 543 posts
  • LocationRVA

"Hm. And for someone who thinks she is smarter than everyone else, you sure do make a lot of stupid decisions." he immediately retorted, looking somewhat annoyed.

"Once again, I said you were my best option, and one of opportunity. We are both prisoners here, but do not mistake our status as equals. I have tried being civil with you, and every step of the way you have insisted on resistance in every way imaginable. I have not proposed anything that was not mutually beneficial, but you seem so fixated on spiting me at the cost of your own progress and freedom. I will eventually escape. Your fate however, is in my hands." he explained. "Now...."

He approached her and dropped the book at her feet. "Are you ready to talk again?" he repeated his earlier question.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director
Supr. Cmndr. Thel Valdamee- Supreme Commander of the Mechera Military/Interim INTERPOL Chairman

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 607 posts

"First tell me how you are even here." Hikaru eyes narrowed further as she continued to glare at him while choosing to ignore the insult. "If I considered the Aralangs and their damn mind reading an invasion of privacy, then I sure as hell do not want the Embodiments in here either. The mind is a sanctuary, and I do not remember inviting you..."

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 543 posts
  • LocationRVA

Juris did not immediately answer but instead gave her an amused smile, like he was restraining a bit of laughter. "Well..." he said. "Do you know how agency works? By accepting my agency, you have accepted my force. It flows through you."

His smile returned once more. "It and I are one in the same." he admitted, rather amused with himself. With a snap of his fingers, the book flew open and pages flipped until it landed on one. The language would seem somewhat familiar, likely seen in magical texts she had seen. The book was written in an ancient form of the Embodiment language.

"Take a look." he said.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 607 posts

Seconds of silence passed as Hikaru took the time to process just what exactly had been said... When she finally did however..

"WHAT?!! NO! Hell no! Absolutely not! I would never have agreed if I knew it meant having you in my head all of the time! What is more! If you can do it, that nutcase probably has the same access! NO! I REFUSE! GET OUT AND REMOVE YOUR AGENCY WITH YOU! NOW!!!!"

She stopped yelling only to glare at him darker than ever before, a look of pure enraged hatred written across her face.

Stupid Embodiment. How dare he...

While still seething, curiosity got the best of Hikaru as she started to calm somewhat down after her outburst. Her eyes shifted every slightly downward to glance at the book, though she didn't break the glare she held.

From what she could see from looking down, Hikaru knew immediately that she would be unable to translate it. The language seemed to be the same as what the Revelation Magic spell book had been written in. But where Revelation Magic book had been spells, formulaic in nature along with some theory that could be made out, this was actual text that called for more time to try to translate; and Hikaru as much as she had bragged about being able to use Revelation magic had never been able to translate the book in its entirety.  She just couldn't find enough texts to go off of from when she tried. Then the book had been consumed, and was now no more except for what she held within memory, and the magic itself.

Now it was the same with this book. She couldn't read much of it if at all. Of course, Hikaru was never about to admit this to Order. Hell no. Especially since she still wanted him out!

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 543 posts
  • LocationRVA

Juris kept his amused look even as Hikaru threw her tantrum, surely it would only be a matter of time before she realized what she had agreed it. Though, the smile turned to a disappointing frown as the look on her face seemed to signal that she did not know the text of the book.

"Basically.." Juris sighed, and snapped his fingers as the text on the book started to rearrange itself into her native tongue. "By accepting my agency, you have accepted the force of Order into yourself. It flows through you until such a time where I shall revoke it." he explained and summed up the more technical language of the text. "Mortals were never expected to benefit from this, deal of sorts, more than we were. Since there are too many things in too many places for us to take care of without tiring ourselves out." he stopped and thought for a moment. "Well some of us at least, our agents go out in service of us."

He smiled again. "So, young sage. Your Embodiment calls you into service, and it is your decision of whether or not you'll benefit from it."

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 607 posts

The look on Hikaru's face could not capture just how many emotions she was going through at that moment. Shock? Anger? Hatred? Disgust? At both him and herself? She did know she wanted to strangle him and had to use every ounce of will power she had, not to even try, by reminding herself that this wasn't even the physical world to attempt such a thing. Instead she grit her teeth and clenched her fists so hard that if it had been the physical world, her nails would have drawn blood.

"...And if I refuse?" She muttered in question, her gaze leaving the book to return to glaring at him. "I am the eldest of the Sage Three, the three most powerful magic users in Existence, I serve NO ONE!"

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 543 posts
  • LocationRVA

Juris gave an exhausted sigh. He gave a circular motion of his hand and the pages flipped a few over to a page labeled 'exigeretur'. Once again the latter rearranged themselves to show the word 'Enforcement'.

"Be it agreed by Embodiments-in-Council..." Juris started as the words on teh page formed in sync with hos diction. "that Embodiments are henceforth responsible for establishment and enforcement of subsequent rules, laws, and policies governing agents of a specific force. The governing Embodiment is henceforth given complete and total autonomy in respect to putative actions towards their own agents, in which case the Courts nor the Tribunal have no jurisdiction." he explained.

"Now, you might be safe should you leave here while i am imprisoned, but what of when I shall be set free?" he asked her and took a few steps forward. "I am Order, and I have plans within plans, within plans themselves. You are but one instrument of my liberation, and if you defy me, there will be no safe place, no sanctuary, no avoiding the swift and constricting chains of imprisonment that I will impose upon you the moment of my release." he told her, in no uncertain words. "Though avoiding punishment should not be your only incentive. Should you do as I have asked, I will release you from service upon my liberation from this place. So what say you, Mortale?"

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 607 posts

"I shall say, dear Great Uncle..." Hikaru said the term with sarcasm, drawing it out with emphasis, "..that should you call me that again, there will be no deals ever and as a side note, when I do get the scrolls, I will be sure to end the Embodiment regime." Despite saying this, she stepped back ever so slightly as if in fear, but tried to hide it.

"But whatever, fine, you win! It is not as if it matters anyway.. With that memory stunt Insanity's little lapdog just pulled to keep it from Leirra.. I can almost bet that will be the same outcome when I do get to leave, especially.." She held up her wrist for a second to show the mark she had just gained the knowledge of, having not noticed before, "..if this means that they have the same power over me that you claim to have. Which basically makes our deal from before useless. Had I my magic, there are seals that I could possibly set to trigger after leaving that would restore those memories. But had I my magic, I would not even be here talking to you in the first place." She rolled her eyes.

"Oh and to add to the list of things that are about to go wrong, apparently Insanity is not even here, or so his lapdog also claims. Which explains how we even got this far in trying to make a deal. If he returns, that will ruin it even more if he can sense that you made me an agent, like Leirra did. So in the end? Forcing me into helping you does nothing!"

Though she had explained the situation to mock Order on his 'victory,' Hikaru herself was far from happy with how things were turning out. Now that she had the knowledge that Insanity was gone, things made more sense and her questions from before on why certain things weren't stopped were now answered. But that left the uncertainty of what would happen when he returned. Would the previous attempts at a deal to help Order get out be simply overlooked, or would he would hold it against her and inhibit her own exit of this place? Hikaru could almost scoff at the whole thing. That girl had told her not to meddle, and yet here she was thrown right in the middle of it, stuck as an agent of both and being threatened to help one of them without knowing what would happen when the other caught wind of it.

Hikaru sighed. If they were going to get out, now was the best time. With Insanity gone, and with Leirra still there, it was the best chance. But how could she convince Leirra to try to help if every time she talked to Leirra, she had her memories wiped of current events and her every statement undermined? She didn't exactly have her magic to use telepathy, and even if she did there was the memory issue. With her memories being able to be wiped as easy as they were, there was no way to tell Leirra what was going on ... unless...  Hikaru's gaze had continued to linger on her wrist as she had thought, and now shifted over to the book, before she looked down, still thinking.

"Unless you agree to do things my way now." Hikaru finally broke her thoughts and added to her last statement from before. "Which first involves catching Leirra in the physical world before she leaves."

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 543 posts
  • LocationRVA

Juris did not seem phased by Hikaru's explanations or revelations, rather he looked almost as if he had expected it. "As I said..." he snapped his fingers to which the book flew from its place back to his hand. He neatly tucked it under his shoulder and leaned in. "Plans within plans." he gave a brief smile, only for it to turn into another unamused scowl.

"You'll have your time with the Consul, Lierra, I assure you. Should things go according to plan, that is." he stood back up straight and turned away from her. Between them, a picture of Insana appeared with a line shooting from it to Juris, then branching to others now starting to clutter the space, branching towards her. Crea, Constantine, Aurelia, Lierra, and many others she would not recognize, but were all connected nonetheless. A line appeared bold and stopped at an image of Hikaru.

"Having had a considerable amount of time to think, meditate, and study, I have made deliberate and calculated decisions that have led both of us here, now." he stated. "We find ourselves here by no coincidence." he looked back to her.

"Or do you still think you have any control here?" he asked her.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 607 posts

"The only thing I think, is that you have clearly gone insane from your time here... If that is even possible for Embodiments..." Hikaru rolled her eyes. "Either way.. You can plan all you want, and over analyze every decision possible. It is still not going to get you anywhere. You said it yourself that Insanity is unpredictable. Going with that, there are things that I and other so called 'mortals,'" she couldn't help but scoff as she said the word. "Can do that you cannot." She crossed her arms.

"For one, impulse. You were not expecting me to attack you the second time after the vision quest, since I so failed the previous. You also were caught by surprise when I suddenly wanted to answer your questions, and then did not expect me to turn down your deal after all of that, without warning. So it is obvious that you cannot predict impulse or plan for ones to act on such. Most likely I assume because that would fall under Chaos's or some others domain, completely opposite of you." She glanced to the images, especially the one of herself.

"But 'risk' also falls under chaos as well. You have your plans, but can you actually make yourself do them if they carry so much risk that it would seem they would fail? Or would such a thing go against yourself? People too orderly cannot think outside the box, act on impulse, or plan with with so much risk it becomes unstructured. So it stands to reason the embodiment of Order could not do so as well. Which is why you need me. Because if we are to beat Insanity, every plan would have to carry risk."

Hikaru glared at him. "So no. I know I am not in control. But I also know my own worth, and know what you are limited to since you are a force. Act as if you are superior and treat me as a pawn all you want. Just remember, the pawn is the piece that can become anything they desire, and even obtain the power to destroy the others. If you want my help, then until we leave here we ARE equals or I simply refuse. To hell with your threats. Take your pick, Embodiment. Do you want my help and thus my idea or not?"

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 543 posts
  • LocationRVA

Juris sighed. "I do not expect one who is not one of us to understand our nature, nor the forces at work. I will not fault you for your elementary grasp of the concept." he said. "Risk is always something accounted and planned for. Thus, plans are always open to change and adaptation, as wise men understand that best made plans rarely survive their first test, unchanged."

"Though I will concede that you are right to a point, you have your usefulness... for now." he added. He looked up and around for a moment, as if he sensed something, but returned his attention back to Hikaru.

"What is this plan of your's? he asked. "We have little time."

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 607 posts

"I may not understand everything, but I understand enough." Hikaru rolled her eyes once more. "You said you have been here for ages. You also said you have tried other attempts to leave and get messages out, and that they have all failed. Yet you expect me to trust that you have it all figured out and just go along with your plans with no question? I think not. If you have failed that many times, then there is obviously a fault in not just the plans but the person doing them as well, and one that would cause this one to fail just as much as the rest. Not that any of my plans have worked either..." She muttered the last part with more contempt in her voice than before.

"Unfortunately I cannot tell you my plan. If I tell you, it will involve you, and thus be part of the memories that lackey of his wipes away. As long as I can keep it in my thoughts separate from the thoughts involving you, and focus on it consistently, I will be able to recall it when the time is needed. You will just have to ..trust me..." she paused and then added. "But if it works, you should be able to talk to Leirra yourself. Just tell me what I need to do to summon you again."

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 543 posts
  • LocationRVA

"Nothing is truly a failure, if there was a lesson learned, young one." He replied at the assertion that he had failed. "In the past I have underestimated him, and that was ultimately a poor decision. However, having had considerable time to think, I now know that it is not a mistake I will make ever again. My cautious approach is not one of habit, but rather necessity. Insana is not a careless man, nor is he a dumb one."

"This plan of yours better keep both of those facts into account." he concluded.

"As for how to summon me? Just know my eye of providence is always watching."

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 607 posts

There he went calling her young again.. Hikaru groaned. "Yes well..." She tried to contain her annoyance. "The first part should not fail then as I am simply taking a leaf from your book so to speak. As for the second.. is there really any other choice but to try? Insanity threatened to kill me when all I did was merely try to ditch him and look for my soul myself...  and you said he destroyed a planet just to get rid of an item you sent. ... So If he is so keen on keeping you here, then just how do you think he will react and what does it mean for me, when he returns and realizes that I became an agent of yours in order to help you escape?

"Because of accepting that stupid blessing in order to just get here and have a chance at getting my soul back. I am now stuck in the middle of your feud as an agent of both of you, whether I like it or not. What does your stupid book say about that?!" She crossed her arms.

"I am not just going to stand around and follow the same damn games until he returns to find out. If we are going to escape we need to do it now while he is not here. You said he has your item, what is it and where do you think he keeps it? Surely he would not be as stupid as to keep it on him."

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 543 posts
  • LocationRVA

"You would be correct in guessing he does not keep my totem on him." Juris nodded. "As for where he keeps it, It must be somewhere in this domain. Secluded, and hidden away from even the most prying of eyes, and curious of people. A place, no doubt, that Tera Mikami would know of, but likely never have entered."

He chuckled. "Come to think of it, it may very well be the same place he keeps your soul as well."

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 607 posts

Hikaru eyes widened and she suddenly grinned, not a happy one as she was never happy. But one enough that it was unlike her usual expression. "If it is, then that means we have a way to find that location. A Sages soul is connected to them by spirit and magic, so much so that it can be used to puppet them... " She grimaced at the thought. "Before I came here, I used spirit energy and .. something else...  to block that connection to avoid being controlled by that demon, and only unblocked it once to actually get here by following the trace of that connection... If unblocked once more and mixed with the right locator spell... especially one that was keyed to look for unique magic types such as Revelation or Genesis... " She trailed off in thought, halfway talking to him but mostly talking to herself at that point. In any other topic of conversation Hikaru may have tried to avoid answering or giving anything away, but when it came to magic, that was another story. Magic was what she knew and where she would often give too much away. Shown by just how many apprentices she had trained over the years.

Finally, she stopped her rambling and looked back to him. "A few questions.. then.  First, can you cast common magic? Other than Koty I do not think I have ever seen the Embodiments do any magic... Second, you used a portal before, so how much access do you have in this realm? Obviously I know you cannot leave, but where in the realm can you go? And last, can you sense other people within the realm? Like say a certain demon..."

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 543 posts
  • LocationRVA

"This place...." he paused. "This place is unlike any place you have ever been before. It has no defined form, no defined location. It is outside what you would call the plane of existence and like its master, often changes at a whim. That makes pinning down any locations of anything a bit.... complicated. My privileges here are limited both in scope and to a point, knowledge of the realm."

"We Embodiments have little use for magic, outside of a healthy recreational interest, though I have found myself studying it in my vast amounts of free time using texts provided to me during my time. It comes very.... easily to us. We are uniquely connected to everything." he answered.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 607 posts

"Well that explains why Koty was such a prodigy in it then," she mused as her thoughts pulled her back to the very moment she had sealed Destruction. Merely a baby then, Koty had been the result left from the spell, and much to her annoyance, Hikaru had been the one tasked to care for him.  Of course, Hikaru had no interest in any children, much less one that was not her own and simply solved the issue with an age-spell the moment she had had the chance. After that...  "He would consume spell books as if they were candy, and go through entire archives with ease. At the mere age of 16, he knew enough magic to stand side by side with me in our fights against the Anrufe.. and even that was while he was still sealed with no memory that he was Destruction."

"But of course..." Hikaru  quickly added, her tone now shifting to a much bitter sounding one than before. "'Koty' is dead ... or rather never existed in the first place. A seal, a spell, a magic crafted falsity..." She closed her eyes and thought: ...and one that I fell for...

Since they were technically inside of her mind, and Hikaru had been slowly gaining strength, the more consuming her thoughts into her memories were to herself, the more they started to reflect around the area. The ones of Koty, and her last conversation with Destruction in particular, the one where her entire belief about him had been shattered, was now replaying vividly around them; much to Hikaru's horror.

Her eyes snapped back open as the sound of them now playing, pulled her immediately out of her thoughts. She threw up her arms in impulse, as if blocking herself from seeing them would block anyone from seeing them, even though she knew that was not how that worked. She then began to panic, her thoughts racing. Could he see them? Could he actually see? So far Hikaru hadn't really given much though to if Order could see or not, since she just assumed if he couldn't maybe he was just really good at doing things without sight. But now that her literal mind was betraying the thoughts she had tried so hard not to let bother her since they had happened, only questioning it in the conversation with her father and only him,  she kind really needed to know. Then again, even if he couldn't see, it was for sure he could hear...

Hikaru sighed and dropped her arms, willing with all her might for the memories to fade as she cleared her voice. "ANYWAY," the Sage half-yelled. "What about the main area? That city I was brought to when I first came here. Can you go there, or send things THERE? And again, can you sense anyone, magic signatures, spirit signature, PEOPLE WITHIN THE REALM?!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users