Welcome to Shattered RPG
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Down the Rabbit Hole

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 520 posts
  • LocationRVA

Insana Primoris, the Embodiment of Insanity, found himself thrust from the Records of Time through a flash of light and then darkness. After a moment he could see something. Little specks of light, dancing, but moving in his direction, away from him. As he flew forward, the specks grew brighter and streaks of light began to weave between them, making a web of sorts. This was the fabric of time.

The roller coaster he found himself aboard was not over quite yet as a bright light materialized at the end of the tunnel. It was blinding, obscuring most of his vision. He accelerated fast and faster towards it then.... Darkness again. Not the darkness from before, but as if his eyes were closed.

"Insana?" a female voice called out. He recognized it, but hadn't heard it in eons. It was Crea's. His heart jumped a bit when he opened his eyes, finding himself in his past self. He immediately clicked the watch, thereby separating himself from time. He was now a ghost. He slid from the bed, and fell to his rear. He back pedaled into a corner of the room he found himself in. There he was.... Laying on the bed. He looked so young. So innocent. So confused. Two women stood before him. One he recognized as Crea, the Embodiment Mother, the other he identified as Aurelia, a Prefect Consul who had brought him to Crea that fateful day.

"Insana Primoris?" Crea called out to Past!Insana.

"Lifeshaper, I take my leave. please forward any information about him to me so that I may Inform the High Prefect Consul." Aurelia said, in a very formal tone of voice.

My Characters:
Lt. Cmndr. Mark Tepper- Former CEO of Grunder Ind.
AI Delta- DAIS Director
Supr. Cmndr. Thel Valdamee- Supreme Commander of the Mechera Military/Interim INTERPOL Chairman
Fleet Adm. Aki Sora- Commander of the 3rd Zarethian Fleet
Mark Halsey/Tepper II- High Librarian for the Great Records of Time
Lord Nathan Church- Vampire, Galactic Inc. President of Security
Countess, Tera Mikami- Ruler of New Dementia
Admiral, Regis F Hermitage- Former Director of the Zarethian Hand
Vice Admiral, Lucien Z. Rychart- Pirate Lord [Zealot]/Demented Prince
Antonio Stradivari, Demonic General of the Army of Hell
AMI, city of Sulvian's AI
Insana, The Embodiment of Insanity.

Col. Tarkov, Zarethian Systems Security Sr. Field Officer (Former HIRU Colonel)
High Seraphim, Grunder Tepper- General of the Armies of Heaven

My NPCs-

Iudex, Juris de Facta- The Embodiment of Order

Lady Justitia de Facta- The Embodiment of Justice
The Giant Golden Dildo on the Sex Planet aka the Embodiment of Sex (Spoof)

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 522 posts

Though she tried to do as Aurelia had said and now called out to the man that lie before her, in attempt to both awaken him and see if he was okay. Crea could barely focus, all of attention having to be forced to the task at hand through her will power. She stood completely horrified at what she just heard though trying not to show it. Her first instinct was to help the individual in any way that she could. Yet.. how could she? Where was she to even start? Did she really have to play along in such masquerade? To manipulate the life of another?

When she could see that he wasn't going to wake up as of yet, Crea looked to Aurelia at her last statement. "W-what have you... What has he done?" She could barely get out the statement in a whisper, her reaction one of pure appall. "Elder, I do not mean to argue, but I need to know more information to do this. Please take me to Constantine."

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 520 posts
  • LocationRVA

Aurelia put her hand on Crea's shoulder to comfort her. She had only told Crea the most basic information about what had just happened, and knew that she would have more questions. Honestly she wasnt even sure if the experiment was going to be a success. She half expect the scholar, Courtier Cato, to die. Alas, here he was. Transformed, and ascended.

"Crea, I know you must have a lot of questions." Aurelia said. "The Consuls did not take this decision lightly, but we ultimately agreed that it was for the greater good. We must trust Constantine." she attempted to reassure her, but honestly Aurelia wasnt quite sure herself. She did not show it, especially not to Constantine, but she had her doubts about this experiment as well.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director
Supr. Cmndr. Thel Valdamee- Supreme Commander of the Mechera Military/Interim INTERPOL Chairman

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 522 posts

"Such a thing is still wrong, Elder!" Aurelia would start to feel Crea's entire body shake beneath her hand as the younger Perfect still stood horrified. "E-even the greater good is not worth such atrocity. Surely there must have been some other way? Other individuals who were willing? I--..." She paused before shaking her head several times. "How can you expect me to take part in such a thing? My purpose is to help others not.... not this! Please take me to him." Crea once more requested, but this time somewhat more firm. "I must speak to him about this at once."

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 520 posts
  • LocationRVA

Aurelia withdrew her hand with Crea's more firm request. She thought about it, and didn't think it was a good idea. Last she had seen the High Prefect Consul, he was having a discussion with Crea's older sister, the Consul Lierra. However she realized that Crea did have a right to know. She was High Lifeshapper after all.

"As you wish, Lifeshaper." Aurelia relented. She waved her left hand and a white portal opened. It led back to the Domain, where they had just departed.

"Come with me." she said and walked through the portal.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 522 posts
"Thank you." Crea replied as she followed Aurelia into the portal.

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 520 posts
  • LocationRVA

Once the two women left he sat in the corner for a moment, like a frightened child. He was afraid to move, he wasnt sure if it was a trap or not. Had they sensed him? No... Time had said he would be a ghost. But these were Perfect he was talking about. They transcended some things. He slowly got up to his feet and approached the bedside. Looking down at his past self, he could only look for a brief moment as images of his true form flashed before his eyes. He turned away and closed his eyes, taking a deep breath before returning his gaze once more.

He reached out to touch Past!Insana's face, but stopped just short of doing so.

"May Crea forgive what we have done, dear friend..." he said to himself. "She weeps, and I know I am to blame."

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 522 posts

From out of a soft-white portal that suddenly appeared near the door within the room, Crea stepped out. She looked to be upset, an expression of frustration upon her face. But this was fleeting, for as soon as the portal closed, her head and shoulders dropped and she leaned back against the door for support. Though her eyes were hidden by the bangs of her hair, tears could be seen streaming down the rest of Crea's face which had grown a light shade of red as she cried.

This was not what she had imagined when agreeing to 'work' with their creations. Nor was it even close. She had desired to help create from the building blocks of existence, nurture such creations, and guide them as they grew to became what they wanted to be. Not to create from the metaphorical ashes of others, lead them along, and look down on them as 'creatures.' She had heard Constantine use that word, and though she had kept silent to it, just the thought that he would use it already, gave her more than enough information to know that he would not treat these next creations any kinder than he did the ones who already lived amongst them. Nix, the Phoenix they had created was left to eternal loneliness. The other races were toyed with and their lives stolen, as in this instance. If they did succeed and more Embodiments were created, then where would those lives lead? Just how would he treat them?!

Crea brought her hand up to her face and wiped her tears away upon her sleeve before finally raising her head and slowly making her way over to the bed. She looked down at the being before her and sighed. She materialized a chair and sat down beside him opposite to the side Future!Insana was.

"I apologize..." She spoke softly so as not to wake him up. "I cannot truly help you. Not really. Not the way that I would want to... I lack both the authority and the power..." As she said this, tears, though lighter than before continued to stain her eyes. "Should you ever find your way back though, I ask that you please find it in your heart to forgive us... Even the Perfect can sin.. Even we make mistakes.. ..and I am asking your forgiveness for what will now be mine..." She placed her hand atop his that was nearest to hers, "I promise to help you in what ways I can, though and be there for you whenever you should need me.."

Something in the atmosphere then seemingly changed, as Crea suddenly blinked, and her eyes looked as if she had suddenly become aware of something. She slowly raised her head up and looked across from her.

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 520 posts
  • LocationRVA

Insana looked longingly to Crea as she came back through the portal. She seemed upset by her brief meeting with Aurelia and he assumed the High Prefect Consul, Constantine. Perhaps she did not obtain the answer she wanted, or maybe some terrible news had befallen her. It didnt matter much why she was upset more than it mattered that she was upset. He could feel a lump in his throat as he fought back tears from coming forth. No one was there to see him, but for his own sake he refused to break down.

Emotions came rushing forth, and memories from a time long past came with them. Memories he'd long hoped to keep locked away. He had told Asura that there were some things he did not wish to remember, or see again... this is one of them. He could only recall the moment when he had killed her. The moment when he had killed Crea.

"I intend to use the scrolls, Crea." echoed through his head. The sound of his blade sinking into her rang in his ears. He stood numb by it all as Crea had walked over to his past self and monologued her own despair. Why was she sorry though?

He shook his head to come out of his trance and slowly brought his gaze from Past!Insana up to Crea who was sitting opposite of him. At about that time their eyes met, and he felt as if his heart skipped a beat. His eyes grew wide and he froze in place, like an animal in headlights. Was she looking at him?

Crea would see the present day Insana across from Past!Insana. He donned his usual attire, a white dress shirt, black slack, with a purple tie, all draped by a black cape. He stood as tall as a Perfect, and his slit, eyes flickered different hues of purple. He may look slightly different from his past self, but there was no doubt... It was Insana she saw.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 522 posts

Crea's eyes held a knowing look to them as if she had just received some sort of information that she had not had when first entering back into the room. She silently gave a wave of her hand as time stopped around them, the past frozen for all but the two of them.

"Hello Insana," Crea greeted him with a warm smile. "I hope that you are well."

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 520 posts
  • LocationRVA

He hesitated. She was looking right at him. Speaking right at him. She could see him and then he noticed everything had stopped.

"H-h-h-hello, Mother." he managed to say. "Can you see me?" he asked and waved his hand slowly.

Asura hadnt even mentioned that this was a possibility. Did she know? Was this her plan? Did Crea know? These and many other questions raced through his mind now as he tried to maintain his composure. It was like talking to a ghost, but wasnt he supposed to be the ghost?

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 522 posts

Crea nodded to his question of seeing him. "It is because some part of me exists in the future, that I can speak to you now." She quickly explained to lighten any worry that he may have had. "However, Asura does not know of that, nor should she find out. I fear that it would only upset her and cause her to start interfering in things, simply to bring me back in whole..." She looked concerned for a moment as she added, "She would break even herself, and possibly the rest of existence just to see me again, and we both know that cannot happen."

She smiled once more. "Therefore, I ask that you please do not tell her for when you return. For now, though, how have you been?"

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 520 posts
  • LocationRVA

Immediately withdrew his hand like he had touched something hot when she nodded. He could only mouth 'What the fuck.' as she explained how she could be talking to him. She knew everything. She knew of Asura, somehow, and there wasnt anything to show that she didnt know everything else about what was to transpire over the eons to follow. He was left there with his mouth slightly open in astonishment before he could speak.

"I-it seems you already know the answer to that." he said. "How much do you know?" he asked, desperate to confirm his theory.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 522 posts

"I know not the answer in its entirety," Crea shook her head. " I only have knowledge of up until my life in this time was ended, and later, what my future life, and its cast off, knows. Everything else, is knowledge given to me by the one other person that knows of this. After all, the intricacies of reincarnation and how it works are still vastly unknown even in your time.

"So I ask again, how have you been?" She seemed concerned over his well-being.

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 520 posts
  • LocationRVA

Ok, so she didnt know everything... but she knew enough to worry him.

"I've been fine." he lied. He hadnt been fine, he never really had been since the war. Maybe even before it. There was something cathartic about his revenge on the Perfect at the time it happened, but now he only looked back in regret, and sorrow.

He sprung up onto the bed, took a few steps across it and hopped off onto the ground on the same side as Crea. He took a knee next to her so he would be at eye level.  "Juris, he still speaks to you. I hope you've heard his words." Insana said with a bit of sadness detected in his voice.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 522 posts

"Have you truly?" Crea asked sounding as if she didn't believe him. She let it go however as she answered. "I have not, at least, not until the most recent of times.." She watched as he came over to her, and then turned in her seat to look at him. "Tell me though, for what purpose do you imprison him?"

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 520 posts
  • LocationRVA

Insana frowned. How could she know that he was imprisoned if she didnt know much past her life. The only people who knew of Juris' imprisonment are himself, Tera, and....  "Hikaru." he said to himself. She knew through her, somehow. Her future life?

"He knows too much." Insana answered hastily after mentioning the name. "Long ago he had suspected I was involved in the destruction of our home, and the deaths of those who perished in the flash." he admitted. "Juris is good at what he does, and he would inevitably discover the truth. I invited him for tea, and...." he hesitated.

"Gave him a new home. A sanctuary where he could rest, think, and be safe." he finished. He hadnt taken much pleasure in imprisoning Juris. He was a loose end, and would remain one forever.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 522 posts

Crea merely smiled a mysterious smile and nodded at the mentioned name. She listened to his explanation but said nothing until he was finished. She stayed silent as if in thought before finally asking, "Would it be so bad if he did know?" She looked to the ground for a moment before adding, "Given circumstances..." She paused. "I am sure he would be one to understand.."

She looked back to him, "Especially if you were the one to tell him."

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 520 posts
  • LocationRVA

"He heads the Grand Tribunal..." Insana said. "I may forgive my transgressions against the Perfect and the tyrant Constantine, but..." he stopped. During Juris' internment in ND, they had conversations every once in a while. Juris had never seen Crea as a mother to himself. She was always a peer, a colleague, an equal in the most respectful way. Perhaps because as a result of his own creation, he required very little guidance, and thus worked with Crea to help the other embodiments, much like a father.

"He would not forgive what i've done to you. The love of his life..." he choked up as that lump in his throat grew harder to ignore. A stream a tears began to flow down his face. "The mother of his child..." he started to sob. "Im so sorry." he blurted out.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 522 posts

"That may be true, he may not..." Crea closed her eyes and went silent, choosing her words carefully. He had spoken of her daughter, her actual daughter, and not just the role of mother that she took to most of the Embodiments. So he knew of that? Crea had her own questions on that, but  knew the effect now was only temporary. She did not know how long they would have. So, just as she had planned with Leirra in the future, she would focus on trying to help one person at a time. In what was that she could.

"However, I do..." She finally answered, opening her eyes once more. "You had your reasons for what you did.. and I stood in your way." She stood up. "I do not blame you Insana, On the contrary. I want to help you... I have seen the visions and heard the ramblings that you so craftily laced into your conversations with my next-life as you tried to lead her to the right path. I have seen your reactions within the Records of Time in your discussion with Asura before being sent back, as her request bothered you so.... and I see your reactions even now as you speak to me here... How can you even begin to offer to my next-life redemption, if yourself so desperately need it?"

She looked him straight in the eyes and held out her hand, "Just as I asked before within the scroll room from before. Let me help you, Insana... Just tell me what I can do."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users