Welcome to Shattered RPG
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Wanderings of a Lost Sage

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Shrike

Shrike

Master

• S7 Project Team Member
  • 456 posts

Kin described the last thing he could remember,  how he'd failed the instructions of the person who cared for him.  And then next thing he knew, here. 

"No one's taking care of me, no." He said, as he looked at them.  "And no, I've not been to any of the local talents." 

Jimbles

Jimbles

Journeyman

• Members
  • 79 posts

Psiko sighed, the poor boy had some form of amnesia. It was possible that he could use his magics to heal the boy's memories, but that would take time- And what if someone was looking for him?

He stood, looking over to Relle "Unless you've got any more pressing issues you need to attend, we should get this young man to the nearest village. It's possible he just hit his head while out playing." He scanned over Kin's form, trying to see any signs of injury or hurt.

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 567 posts

Relle nodded to Psiko as she pulled the map from before out of her backpack. "According to this map I got from one of the towns, which is not very updated by the way, the nearest village should be...." She trailed it with her finger. "Somewhere in the Stone Mountains?"

Shrike

Shrike

Master

• S7 Project Team Member
  • 456 posts

"I don't recall hitting my head at all." said Kin, as he looked at the two of them. "Why would you think I had hit my head?" He asked,  tensing up. He put away the MP3 player into the pocket of his clothing. Were they trying to kidnap him? He wasn't going to go with them if that was the case.....  

"Are you trying to kidnap me?!?" 

Jimbles

Jimbles

Journeyman

• Members
  • 79 posts

"I've no interest in kidnapping you, boy." Psiko sighed, the child was clearly confused.

"Myself and this young lady here" he gestured towards Relle "Are simply concerned about you. Wandering around here you might get hurt or attacked, I don't want that weighing on my conscience- Ideally I'd like to take you to a nearby village where hopefully someone can direct us to your family or caretaker." He spoke slowly and meaningfully, making direct eye contact with Kin as he did "If you've not hit your head then something's happened to you to make you forget, I'd like to help you solve that if I can."

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 567 posts

"Correction! I'm trying to help you!" Relle quickly interjected. "He miiiiiight be trying to kidnap you. Seeing as he's old, looks poor, and is probably a robber, or some trickster like you read in the storybooks." She shot a glare at Psiko. "We haven't ruled that completely out yet. Buuuuut he does have a point. It is odd for a kid so young to be wandering the roads of the Sage Dimension with no memory of their home, but no external damage. Did someone cast a memory spell on you of some so----" Relle suddenly paused, her eyes widening.

"Umm---... uhhhh..." She shivered, her words she had wanted to say forgotten as she could barely mumble. "D-d-did you feel that...?" Relle may not have been a very advanced Sage, and hre magic may have been beginner level. But even the most basic of magic users could sense magic signatures. And the size of the signature she had just felt? It would be a wonder if the whole dimension hadn't felt it?

"I-I think we should get out of here..."

Shrike

Shrike

Master

• S7 Project Team Member
  • 456 posts

"...... Alright. So where do we go from here?" asked Kin, as he looked at Relle for a moment. "And what do you mean, do I feel that?" He hadn't felt whatever she was feeling, he knew it. But if it startled her that badly.... well, he didn't want to find out whatever it was. 

Jimbles

Jimbles

Journeyman

• Members
  • 79 posts

"Well if it were me I-" Psiko's eyes widened, as though he had been personally struck.

The training he had recieved from the Fioans, to use his magic as they do, kicked in without a thought. Instinct magic took over without a thought, dropping his disguise almost entirely as all of his energies became dedicated to protecting himself and understanding and picking apart the energies that waved over him.

Stood before Relle and Kin now was the same man, similarly raggedy clothing but with a huge expansive wingspan. Gold whisps of hair covered the previously grey ones, his eyes burning for but a moment before he turned his back on the two. This man was clearly a phoenix sage, and a powerful one at that.

His magic quickly pieced together the components of this wave. A fellow phoenix? There was something oddly familiar about the power that was given off, perhaps someone he knew?

The swell of power that he gave off slowly faded, as the flames in his eyes died down a little. The Instinct began to falter as it became clear he wasn't personally under attack, he turned back to the two Sages he was speaking to previously.

"Go to safety if you wish." He intoned in the same tone he had taken with them previously.

The Phoenix raised a hand as a portal ringed with golden flame opened before him as he looked to Kin "I'll see to it you find your family and regain your memory, that's a promise. But right now, I must see what this is with my own eyes."

With that, he stepped through. The portal remained open, quietly swirling.

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 567 posts

"W-wait! You're a Phoenix?!" Relle had to grab hold of the backpack she still had on the ground to keep it from blowing away from the winds released by the sudden magic force that blew around them. She stared wide-eyed at Psiko, as she clutched her bag speechless. There she was trying to look tough at being Phoenix royalty, what with her fathers line and all, when really she was a complete beginner at magic. But then this guy was a Phoenix all along?! Why hadn't he said anything? Especially when she was accusing him of being a robber?

It was official. Relle now felt stupid. Completely and utterly ashamed. Even so, she wasn't about to be left behind like that, especially if he was a Phoenix Sage! He might have clues to her family! "Uh- I-... COME ON!" Relle grabbed Kin's wrist as she ran through the portal after Psiko,. "It's better if you stay with us!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users