Welcome to Shattered RPG
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Wanderings of a Lost Sage

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Shrike

Shrike

Master

• S7 Project Team Member
  • 448 posts

Kin was walking through Glacian Valley completely lost. If he was to be honest with himself he didn't know where he should head. How was he supposed to find his real family? He knew Radical wasn't his father. Yet, if it wasn't Radical, who was it? He needed to figure the answer to the question out if he was to figure out who he was. There was another question that bothered him. 

Who 

Was 

He? 

This answer was one that Kin needed to figure out for himself.   He needed to figure out as the buzzing in his head of all the questions he had were quite annoying. It was like having wasps in his brain. The pain the questions were causing him needed to stop. Make it stop, make it stop, make it stop! 

He also needed a book or something to occupy his mind. If he could occupy his mind the questions could stop being annoying. Yet he doubted he would find any books or things to occupy his brain. 

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 480 posts

"Well that was a complete waste of time." Relle who now walked down a path coming from the direction of Era valley, sighed loudly. She held what looked like a large map in her hands, and had a backpack slung over one shoulder. Her clothes were a mix of what looked like medieval sage clothes and what you would find on a teen on Earth. Including the small digital camera that hung around her neck. Quite a sight for the Sage Dimension. She seemed to be talking to herself as she approached.

"You would think that the ruins of the old kingdoms would have at least SOMETHING left over from the Phoenix kingdoms. A book? A scroll? Something?! There wasn't even a broken vase there." Relle groaned. "How am I supposed to find anything on the Phoenix Sages, when everywhere I hear they were, has either been destroyed or cleaned bare?!" She folded up the map and stuffed it in a side pocket to the backpack. "Oh well, at least I got plenty of pictures." She held up the camera, aimed it at tree near her, and clicked the button. She then flipped through all the pictures she had taken, before sighing and dropping the camera to hang back around her neck. Now what?

Shrike

Shrike

Master

• S7 Project Team Member
  • 448 posts

"Who are you?" asked Kin as he looked at the individual. The map she had. Could he read it? Did she have books on her person?  It took him a moment to regain control of his love of books and thoughts on such before he could actually think straight enough to realize something. The device around her neck was one thing he had never seen. What was it? How did it work? Could he have it? All these questions and more were ones that were on his mind. "Can I have the device around your neck?" 

Jimbles

Jimbles

Journeyman

• Members
  • 67 posts

As luck would have it, the two sages would have a chance encounter with another wanderer on the road.

The former King Psiko Strand had been humbled over the past few years. He was originally under the employ of Hikaru Tyris, performing whatever acts the woman needed to continue her conquest. When that stopped being fulfilling for him, he left her under good terms. He spent many years performing many an occupation, mostly mercenary work making ends meet- After all he was an accomplished warrior and a very powerful magician.

Eventually, he found home becoming the King of the planet Fioa. Ruling over the animal-like inhabitants of the planet gave his life a greater meaning than anything else he had ever performed. Alongside the alchemists and scientists of Fioa, the Phoenix Sage lead them to an age of prosperity- Fighting off any attacker that would dare try to make their mark on his home.

However, as all good things do, his time as their King came to an end. The people of Fioa recognised that although he was a good and just ruler, he was not of their kind and most importantly he had taken their planet through conquest. Though he was not a tyrant, the people would never truly be settled with him on the Throne.

Psiko loved Fioa as though it was his own young, and abdicated the throne in favour of a Fioan democracy. Those still on his side kitted him out with a few choice pieces of Fioan tech and told him that he would always have a home there, but the memories were too much for the Phoenix to bear. He left that night, having said his goodbyes to those he loved.

Since that fateful night, the former King became a wanderer. He had no purpose once more, though he had many stories under his belt.

This lead him to walking a quiet road in the Glacial Valley. He had magically disguised away most of his Phoenix trappings, the wings and golden hair, in order to blend in a little more and help him not stand out but he could never get rid of his golden eyes. He saw the two conversing on the road and approached- one looked particularly young and lost perhaps they needed directions?

"How d'you do, fellow travellers?" His voice still carried a measure of regality, something he couldn't shake "Are you lost?"

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 480 posts

"You mean my camera?" Relle now stood wide-eyed at the child who she had almost nearly just bumped into moments ago and now was asking for the camera she had hung around her neck. He looked so young.. Where were his parents? Was he lost? Relle still didn't know much about the Sage Dimension only having just finally started to explore it after so many years of hearing about it and never going. But what she did know of Sages, is that the ones she had met thus far were not the best of parents.

Relle's protection instincts immediately kicked in, especially after having to just leave two other children she had met and 'protected' from a depraved lunatic. She had tried to bring them with her, but they had insisted to return to the mortal dimension despite the danger that had been announced for magic users, and Relle had been consistently worried on their well being ever since, trying to distract herself with finding out more about her heritage now that she finally had the chance.

"Sure! You can see it but are you lost you--"

Then the other stranger had joined them and Relle's personality of being quick to judge, ask questions later came out as she loudly exclaimed. "No! And if you're going to rob us, just know that I know magic!" Though she knew that was a lie. She could teleport at best, maybe throw a small fireball, but had never really been trained in the art. "Phoenix magic no doubt!" She walked over to stand between him and the kid.

Shrike

Shrike

Master

• S7 Project Team Member
  • 448 posts

"What's a "camera" ?" asked Kin, as he surveyed them both. One was a Phoenix.... were they both? How had they found him so easily?  He looked at them. "And yes, I suppose you could say I am.... lost." He was lost without any idea where or who his family actually was. He needed to figure that out in order to make himself able to truly find out where he belonged. Several things seemed like they were missing in his life... he needed answers. 

Jimbles

Jimbles

Journeyman

• Members
  • 67 posts

"Phoenix magic you say? You must be very well versed in the arcane arts." Psiko chuckled, this girl was clearly startled. He had no interest in scaring her, nor in escalating the situation so he raised his hands, showing his palms to the two "I'm just a traveller, no danger to anyone. Besides, I've plenty of coin- No sense in taking yours. I just wanted to see if I could help another couple travellers find their way."

The former monarch looked down at the child who had responded to him, sidestepping a spot so he could see him "It seemed that way little one, where are you headed? Can I point you in the right direction? If we're going the same way we could travel the road together- It's safer in numbers"

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 480 posts

"I am! So you better watch it! Any funny business like trying to kidnap us and sell us as slaves to other races and I'll turn you into BBQ!" Relle pointed to Psiko as she continued to bluff more magic ability than she had. She pointed to him then to herself as if to say she was keeping an eye on him. Having grown up on Earth, unlike most sages, Relle had hard time trusting any random male that seemed too nice. Now with a child with them as well?! Suspicious. Very suspicious.

She then turned to the kid, "A camera is a device that can take pictures, like ummm... " She took the camera off from around her neck and then lowered it to show him before aiming it at Psiko and snapping a quick photo. She then showed the photo to Kin. "Like that, see?"

Shrike

Shrike

Master

• S7 Project Team Member
  • 448 posts

"Well,  I'm looking for who my parents really are." said Kin, as he looked at the duo. He then saw her use the camera. "May I try to use it?" He asked,  a deep grin on his face as he thought about all the Camera could do to people he disliked. Blinding them so he could sucker punch them. Sucking out their essence?  Releasing a brilliant flash of light that could immobilize them in awe or blindness? There were so many possibilities as to what a Camera could do to people he disliked.  "Can I have it?" He asked, as he looked at her.  He had a maniacal grin on his face and a look in his eyes that would make most people worry due to the fanatical crazed expression on his face. 

Jimbles

Jimbles

Journeyman

• Members
  • 67 posts

Psiko laughed, smiling kindly towards Relle "I can leave if it would make you more comfortable, truly I was just looking to he-" He was interrupted by a camera flash in his face, causing him to take a moment to regain his composure "Don't see a lot of cameras in the Sage Dimension!"

He awaited the response from the young boy, his face twisting slightly in concern at both the boy looking for who his parents are and the boy's weird obsession with the camera "Do you know anything about your parents? What's your name, son?"

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 480 posts

"Erm..." Relle looked to Kin as he asked for her camera. The kid looked like he desperately wanted. For what, she wasn't sure. But he seemed fascinated, and she didn't want to stunt the child's curiosities. But what about all the pictures she had taken of the ruins? She didn't want to lose them all... "I'll tell you what! I'll give you something equally as good, and then get you your own camera from the mortal dimension when it's safe again. How about that?"

Relle slid the backpack off her arm and knelt on the ground with it before he could answer. She started to fumble through it as she threw various items out of it, such as several books with one having the title of 'the novice's guide to magical theory book one', proving that she wasn't quite up to the magical arts as she claimed to be. Other such items thrown out were things from a mix of a few notebooks, some quill pens and regular earth pens, a holo-sceen pad device that looks like it came from Lus as a gift from Rev and Gen, more books, the map from before, a dagger, and other multitudes of junk.

"No," Relle mumbled to herself as she pulled out the items. "Not that either, no... AHA!" She pulled out what looked like a silver and black portable CD player from the early 2000s of Earth, attached to it were earbuds. "Oh.. but I only have one CD, hmmm ah well, I don't think Frontstreet Guys is too terrible for a kid..." She shoved everything back in the bag before standing up and presenting the walkman to Kin. "Here, you can have this."

With a glance to Psiko, the girl then considered his words. On one hand, he may be lying, but if he wasn't, he might provide protection if they did meet someone dangerous... should they trust him...? "You can stay, but you walk in front, just so we can watch you!"

Shrike

Shrike

Master

• S7 Project Team Member
  • 448 posts

Kin looked at the Phoenix,  the older one. The older one could teleport?!?  How had he done that? How did one teleport? What made it possible for them that he lacked the capacity to understand or utilize? This was a mystery for him that he needed to solve. Kin took the Walkman. "What is this? How does it work? What does it do?" He asked, as he looked at the device and examined it. Was it like the Camera? Could it vanquish his enemies? What was it capable of? He was close to going into a manic examination of the device - which would not be good for anyone around him. Plus, didn't the Sage Dimension frown on technology?  He wasn't sure what would happen as he prepared to pocket the object to study it later. 

Jimbles

Jimbles

Journeyman

• Members
  • 67 posts

"Huh. Never seen someone so into little gadgets before." Psiko chuckled, crouching low to meet Kin's gaze "Are you from around here? Are you a sage?"

Looking back to Relle, he shrugged "Whatever makes you comfortable, friend. Might I know your name?" There was a time that Psiko would have taken the mistrust as an insult, implying that was anything more than his word. There was of course another time that she would have been right to fear him. These days it was easier to take a more passive approach with spirited people, he had no desire to fight or to come into conflict.

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 480 posts

Relle pointed to the earbuds and then motioned putting them in her ears. "You put those in your ears and then hit the button that says 'on', " she said to Kin before turning back to Psiko. Should she tell him her name or lie? Maybe she could make up a name at least until she knew if they could trust him or not. That would be the wise choice..  But then again,what if he had lie-detecting magic? Relle may have known very little about magic, but she did know some people could tell if you were lying. If she lied and he was dangerous, that might just make him angry...

"Relle," she finally answered. "I'm Relle. Relle Kalypsis." She then narrowed her eyes at him. "Who are you?!"

Shrike

Shrike

Master

• S7 Project Team Member
  • 448 posts

"Kin Morningstar," said Kin as he looked at them for a moment.  Kin was impressed with the small object,  something beautiful. It was a device he was definitely going to hold onto and use whenever he wanted to hear music. What music did it have on it though?  "And, I guess. This is the only place I've ever known." said Kin. 

Jimbles

Jimbles

Journeyman

• Members
  • 67 posts

"Kalypsis, eh?" Psiko scratched his chin for a moment before Kin had answered, taking in the name and mulling it over. It'd been a long time since he was a boy in the Phoenix kingdom, the name rung a bell that hadn't been rung in quite some time "Where're you from? That's quite the famous name around these parts. Or it was at least..." He shrugged, smiling lightly "I've gone by more than a few names over the years, just call me Strand."

The older sage turned to look at Kin "Poor soul, are your family nearby? Were they travelling this road?" 

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 480 posts

"Of course it is! My father was a prince!" Relle bragged, while completely ignoring his question on where she was from. She wasn't going to answer any questions like that. Not yet. He could still be an enemy after all. "At least that's what he told me..." She looked unsure for a moment before looking back to Kin.

"I don't think you should be wandering here alone. The guy who sold me this map said it can be dangerous. Murderers, rapists, robbers, anyone could be an enemy!" She shot a glance back to Psiko for a moment as she said that last part. "What do your parents look like? Maybe we can see if we can see them from the sky." She hovered a bit off the ground as she said this.

Shrike

Shrike

Master

• S7 Project Team Member
  • 448 posts

"I don't know what they look like, that's the problem." said Kin, as he looked at the duo.  "What are  Murderers, rapists, robbers?"   He asked, having no information on the subject she had just mentioned. He had a lot to learn. 

Jimbles

Jimbles

Journeyman

• Members
  • 67 posts

Psiko kept his attention off of Relle for the time being, seemingly concerned for the boy infront of him. Doesn't know who his parents are? And he's just wandering about at such a young age? This was an issue.

"Have you been to any of the local towns? Is there anyone taking care of you?" The Phoenix asked, rather urgently. While Relle was probably a little overcautious, she wasn't wrong that such a young child shouldn't be wandering alone- Especially if they had no idea who or where their parents were "You say this is all you've ever known, how long have you been here little one?"

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 480 posts

"Um they're uh..." Relle ran her hand through her hair behind her head as she tried to think how to reply to Kin's question. If he didn't know what those were, should she really put fear into a kid that was lost? "They're bad people! Just different types of bad people you should stay away from. Like if any strangers come up to you---" Relle stopped. Wasn't she describing herself and the other guy? Gah wrong approach!

"Strangers with bad intentions I mean! Just uhh---" She sighed and gave up. "What's the last thing you can remember?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users