Welcome to Shattered RPG
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Insanus Pt. 5: The Paradigm Shift

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 502 posts
  • LocationRVA

Juris nodded in understanding. They were fair questions, though he may not have all the details.

"I will ask three questions..." he said. "After which, I will answer both of yours." he thought for a moment.

"I disagree with my brother's methods, but i do not dispute his point. Other than seeking out his death, which we both know that you will, what do you plan on doing once you are free from this place, and your hands washed of your obligations to me?" he queried her. This was something she hadnt really ever answered, or directly been asked, and though Insanity may have an interest, Juris was just as concerned with the answer.

My Characters:
Lt. Cmndr. Mark Tepper- Former CEO of Grunder Ind.
AI Delta- DAIS Director
Supr. Cmndr. Thel Valdamee- Supreme Commander of the Mechera Military/Interim INTERPOL Chairman
Fleet Adm. Aki Sora- Commander of the 3rd Zarethian Fleet
Mark Halsey/Tepper II- High Librarian for the Great Records of Time
Lord Nathan Church- Vampire, Galactic Inc. President of Security
Countess, Tera Mikami- Ruler of New Dementia
Admiral, Regis F Hermitage- Former Director of the Zarethian Hand
Vice Admiral, Lucien Z. Rychart- Pirate Lord [Zealot]/Demented Prince
Antonio Stradivari, Demonic General of the Army of Hell
AMI, city of Sulvian's AI
Insana, The Embodiment of Insanity.

Col. Tarkov, Zarethian Systems Security Sr. Field Officer (Former HIRU Colonel)
High Seraphim, Grunder Tepper- General of the Armies of Heaven

My NPCs-

Iudex, Juris de Facta- The Embodiment of Order

Lady Justitia de Facta- The Embodiment of Justice
The Giant Golden Dildo on the Sex Planet aka the Embodiment of Sex (Spoof)

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 515 posts

Three? How was three for only two fair? It was not as if she had asked anything too big... Whatever. She narrowed her eyes and glared at his question back to her. There were many things Hikaru had plans for.. Did he want them all? That wasn't going to happen.. Especially for certain ones, that she didn't want him attempting to stop...

"Maybe I will kill him..." Hikaru smirked, "but maybe not. After all... Why try to kill him, when I can do something worse than death for your kind? Once I get my magic back, that includes Revelations Magic, and Revelations magic, has the power and spells to seal an Embodiment to an area or worse.. in mortal form. As we did with Ko--... Destruction." She had to immediately stop herself from saying Koty's name so as not to accidentally show her feelings over him.

"But as to your question on my plans... .. Many things. One, which was actually going to be another question of mine later, or... more of a request." Hikaru looked to the ground as if in thought for a moment, her mind wandering on if she should ask it yet or not... That was to be the end question after all.. She looked back up at him. "My grandfather seeks to return. Before I became trapped here, I was part of a situation in Hell where it was revealed that his successor, an incarnation of chaos energy, who I guess you could call my uncle.." She rolled her eyes, noting just how ridiculous the Tyris bloodline had became, "was created in such a way that once he succeeded him, the Embodiment of Chaos would return as he was before he died and probably continue his war from before. Revelation magic was to be a key to help stop him as my brother and father pointed out. However..."

She further stared at him. "We were never 100% sure if Revelation would be enough to stop him. Since you will be free..." She stopped and let it hang there, too prideful to actually ask rather than hint. "As to my other plans, Those are personal..."

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 502 posts
  • LocationRVA

Juris chuckled when she gave her non-affirmative answer to whether or not she planned to kill Insanity. They both knew some sort of reckoning was coming... Otherwise he simply nodded as she went through her plans. Her plans seemed a little non-specific as she effectively avoided the question, instead directing it towards some other issue she insinuated needing his help with. Fair enough, he thought.

"Do you believe yourself to be irredeemable or do you not believe yourself to not be in need of redemption and why?" he asked his second question. Throughout all of this, she had acted as if she had done nothing wrong. While the circumstances surrounding her imprisonment were trivial are best, there was some merit, but one perhaps better left to the work of the Courts.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director
Supr. Cmndr. Thel Valdamee- Supreme Commander of the Mechera Military/Interim INTERPOL Chairman

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 515 posts

Hikaru immediately let out an exasperated sigh. This again?! Seriously?! It seems as if her suspicions were true. Helping this guy get free, meant some of her plans were going to be a lot more difficult.. Whatever happened to the Embodiments not interfering? "As I said... twice before" She clenched her teeth together and muttered. "There are far more evil people out there than I... Why are my actions suddenly such an interest to the Emeobdiments as of late? You do not go after the others...  But fine... Just so you do not count this as avoiding your question again."

She slowly brought a finger to the temple of her head and closed her eyes for a moment, focusing. While much more difficult without her magic to bring forth any memory she desired now, the specific memory she sought was not so difficult as it had just recently been brought to surface from its suppression. Back in Aralia, within Time's bubble of memories, for all that were there including, annoyingly enough her brother, to see. However, this time would be slightly different as the one in the chronoverse had the memory but not the thoughts and intentions behind it. This time, as it was pulled from Hikaru by Hikaru, it was from her point of view.

Once she had the memory, Hikaru pulled her finger away from her head, and with it a glowing white-blue thread of spirit energy pulled away with it, forming itself into a sphere as it did. A sphere of memory. After it had completely formed, Hikaru simply tossed it at him. "Here then. As for redemption, who needs it? I suppose this would also fall into the questions of my plans as well... Which I will not detail, but after I get what I want, it would better be asked 'what sins'?" She smirked once more.

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 502 posts
  • LocationRVA

It was an interesting answer, he thought. She seemed quick to divert the attention to others, but it was interesting she decided to share the memory. He stood there for a moment, observing the memory a few times before dismissing the orb.

"So..." he started. "You believe you are redeemable, and you can undo the sins of the past. "

He paused.

"There is a quote i quite enjoyed from a man I once knew, named Constantine. I heard it from another who had spoken with him, long ago. He said, 'Living in the past is a luxury none can afford. We can learn from it, but we cannot live there. Planning for the now is impossible, the present is ever fleeting. The future is where we must live. The future is what we must plan for.' and i believe this to be very wise in its saying." he said, recalling the past. "But, i suppose it wasn't entirely accurate. You should know, as well as anyone, that time is a fickle lady. Living in the past is night impossible, except...."

He held out his hand and a set of scrolls appeared in it. It was an illusion, but looked like the real thing. "It fails to take into account that the..." he stopped. He gritted his teeth as he attempted to say the word "Arami", but could not force the words from his lips. He sighed, it had been a long time since he had brought them up, he had forgotten that such references were forbidden in Insanity's domain.

"...Scrolls can make anything happen..." he closed his hand and the scrolls disappeared. "But you already know this, dont you. You seek to the use them to undo the wrongs, but like many before you, the scrolls will only lead to your damnation, young sage." he gave a foreboding warning.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 515 posts

How did he? Hikaru immediately jumped up the moment he brought on the illusion. How did he know of the scrolls? And was that what they looked like? Hikaru herself had never seen them, only deciphered the clues within the legends and myths left behind in the ruins of the Phoenix kingdom about what they were and where they may lie. She had then sought after them and almost had them too, until her brothers caught on to what she was going after and went back in time to 'destroy them'. At least, they thought they had. Until her counterpart had revealed otherwise. It turned out the scrolls were far too powerful to be destroyed...

But how did he know about them? "Damnation you say? Perhaps you missed the part where I said I came here seeking a demon who took my soul while I was in hell." She joked, but then turned serious, her eyes on the illusion of the scrolls the entire time until he had made it disappear.  She then looked back at him.

"I have no idea how you know about those. However, unless you have any better answers on how to reverse an embodiment's successors ascension, or restore one to true childhood without the need of memory suppression, or bring people who have died spirit deaths back... Then your point is mute and I do not care what you think. They are the only thing that will make possible what I wish to do, and if you stand in my way, we will be enemies."

She let that hang before adding,"Now ask your third damn question and answer mine."

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 502 posts
  • LocationRVA

"You should not discount the wisdom of an old man, young sage." he replied back. "Those scrolls have been around since before my time. Since before the times of my ancestors, and since before their time." he said.

"You seek to undo history, without realizing that it has consequences. Your past makes who you are, and who you will be in the future. I am sure Asherah can verify that." he continued. There was something that always bothered him when he was around them. The times he would sit with Nix and talk, at the request of his love, he felt an overbearing aura around him. A sort of temptation, not one of malice, but one of curiosity.

"The Prefect Consuls had sealed them long ago, but here they stand today, unlocked for any to use... Curious, yes?" he paused.

"No matter..." he waved his hand. "Other than literally selling your soul to the devil, " he jested. "What is your biggest regret in this life?" he asked his third and final question.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 515 posts

Okay. Now she had had it. She had simply had it. Hikaru had tried so hard to not show too much emotion or give too much away to Order. She had tried to remain as vague as possible in answering his questions and give him nothing to latch onto. Yet now it was all for naught, as he served to righteously tick her off. Standing there acting as if he knew everything about her and her goals. It pissed her off and was the entire reason she hadn't wanted to answer any of his previous questions to begin with. But she had needed her own answers to things, and so now she had fallen right into their game with giving them them the reactions they wanted as she had grown tired of it all.

"It is not MY history I wish to undo!" She shouted. "While yes, maybe it would be nice to go back and undo it all! I have accepted that I cannot. I chose my path as unfair as it was and the fate that came with it! To undo it would also undo the good that came of it later," she said, referring to Koty but not outright stating it. "HOWEVER!" Her voiced raised. "Because I was not there to stop it, and was too busy pursuing revenge, my children did not get that same choice that I had. They did not get to choose their path and instead had their entire childhood ripped from them with instant aging, and brainwashed into going down the same path I took of killing!"

She paused for only a moment. "Then if that is not enough, because existence wanted to be extra cruel..." Her tone was now venomous and dripping with hate as she added, "They are now forced into a role left behind by their father, in which it was said they would be forced to kill one another because of your damn embodiment laws of how things work! So while yes, bringing back those I have killed may have been a goal, it was simply an afterthought while I had access to the scrolls. The real reason, I believe I am fully justified in pursuing, with what hand I have been dealt, when I dared to actually let my guard down and allowed myself to care for others..."

"With that I believe you already now have your answer to your damn question. Now answer mine."

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 502 posts
  • LocationRVA

In her rare moment of emotional honesty, she had given Juris what he wanted to know. He didn't care much for the specifics of er plans, rather than he cared for knowing who she was. It was more important to him to know her as a person, rather than her just listing off a laundry list of items she wanted to do. She had mentioned her children and it had touched Juris' heart, as he smiled warmly back to her. He could see she was mad at him, but often times people become angry with those who make them confront uncomfortable realities.

"You know..." he said. "My daughter was not born Embodiment. She was born like her mother, a Perfect." he looked to the statue of Crea.

"She had beautiful, light pink, hair, and held such care for others." he reminisced. "But i knew her fate was forever sealed. She was blind, like myself. She had the essence of existence flowing through her, and when war finally came for us, she was called to ascend."

"Even now I sometimes wonder if it was for the best. We can only do the best we can for our children, Young Sage. Your desire to try again is commendable, and of course natural. We seek to be there for our offspring. We seek to guide them through this hectic life. Your children are alone, and entrusted with powers beyond their control at the moment. I know you seek to take that burden from them." he looked back to her.

"From a father to a mother, I can make you a promise. If somehow i can, i will attempt to liberate your children from the mantle of Destruction. In return i only ask that you be there for them. They are young and resilient, and I hope that you can find your peace with them." he said.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 515 posts

For a long while, Hikaru could say nothing. She had been prepared to further argue her reasons. She had pretty much predicted they would end up enemies... But she had never expected this response from him... Maybe from others she had came across, sure. But an Embodiment and the Embodiment of Order even? She had expected him to be as rigid as the Aralangs or the Guardians in their ways of seeing right from wrong, if not more...   Of course, that line of thinking was also not helped by the fact that Hikaru was still hesitant on believing that the Embodiments even had true personalities... Destruction had ruined her view on that.

Yet.. Here was an Embodiment who was empathizing with her, as well as showing care for his own child. .. Something Destruction had not done as far as she had heard from Hikari.. Something she had heard that her grandfather had not done, either. Maybe it was a case where the lighter, less evil forces had personality, and the darker ones didn't? Or was he simply faking it, and this was yet another damn test? Insanity had said they could come anytime and would not always be announced... That it was up to her to figure out what was and wasn't...

Hikaru sighed. He had also said the wrong choice could end in death...  While this didn't seem to be a trap of fatality... She still didn't know how much they were working together as he had yet to answer her first question... Was it wise to trust?

Her eyes trailed the floor, searching for anything that would keep her attention as she muttered, voice low, "If only it were so easy." Finally breaking the silence completely, Hikaru looked back at him, her mind made up. For now she would trust, not that it mattered anyway..,

"It is much more complicated than you think. As babies, they were kidnapped by a mor-- technological empire and instantly aged to toddlers they could better control... They then tortured them with some sort of technological pain or something, as far as I was told... to the point they forgot everything, magic, memories, myself... " She looked away again as she named off the list. "Then they brainwashed them to kill, aged them once more, and filled their minds with their way of thinking... I restored their memories, repaired their minds with magic.. However, I cannot take what happened away..." She bit her tongue so as to try to keep her emotions in check as she continued. "I cannot give them back their childhood and make it like it never happened... The scrolls can."

Hikaru then shook her head. "But that is not all. From what Hikari had witnessed and told to me at a later time...  When it was revealed that the children were twins, and not just one.. Kot-- ... Destruction said that they would end up killing one another.." She shook her head again while continuing to look away. "I do not know how it works, or why... But apparently Koty said that the force of Destruction would not allow itself to stay split and weakened, and thus it would drive them to eventually try to kill each other until only one successor would remain. Hikari said he sounded distraught about it ... yet was ready to kill the both of them, his own children, just to fix that damn balance of things you Embodiments you go on so much about..." She glanced back to him, her eyes full of mistrust as she finished. "So excuse me if I do not believe you. Not that it matters anyway. Only the scrolls can fix this mess the right way...  So the qestion remains...

"Are you going to stand in my way?"

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 502 posts
  • LocationRVA

"I will not stand in your way, young sage." he said. "But do not forget that my duty as Embodiment supersedes any personal feelings i may harbor. Including my empathy for your situation, so I will say one thing... Do not make me choose between the balance and your goals." he warned.

"To the point of your own questions though..." he looked away, off in the distance. "As to why i remain imprisoned here, it is because Insana holds my Totem. The object imbued with my very life force. I know he will not kill me freely, or for minor transgressions, but I do not doubt that we would strike me down should I escape this place." he explained.

"He does not gain anything from my death, unless it was the only option, because my successor would surely follow the same thread."

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 515 posts

"To hell with the balance," Hikaru simply stated under her breath. Her eyes wandered to the contract as she listened to him give the answer to her question. With that warning, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to help Order, at least not until she had the scrolls first.. But was it too late to call the deal off? She had technically answered his questions, unless there were more... But even then, she could simply try to lie or give only half answers or vague answers... There was just one issue with calling it off this late, she had left herself open to direct influence by agreeing to be an agent of his. Just what all did that entail? Since Embodiments were literally their force, what kind of control did that give to them over ones who accepted that force into themselves?

"And the answer to my other question?" She responded.

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 502 posts
  • LocationRVA

"I have simply been a humble observer of your trials up until this point. From the looks of it, he is echoing an old story of the Embodiments. The Horsemen of the.... Well the closest word in your language would be, the end of the world, or cataclysm, or apocalypse. Something to that effect...." he explained. "So far you have met; Mark Tepper the Conqueror, General Stradivari the Warmonger, and Myself -- who i assume is the Oppressor."

He held out 4 fingers. "There were four horsemen if I remember the story correctly. Conquest, War, Famine..." he paused. He pressed his lips together in concern. "And if he truly is keeping to the story, Death. He who rides the pale horse, and brings with him destruction, chaos, and disorder. I know not the identity of your next teacher, but I fear it may be your hardest lesson yet. " he concluded, returning his hand back to his side.

"This is all i know."

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 515 posts

Observer? So he had seen everything thus far? Well that explained how he that she had been talking about the scrolls in hinting. He must have seen her try to make a deal with that damn demon.. But then why bother asking so many questions if he had already seen the answers to them from her conversation with the others? Something wasn't adding up. He had to know more than he was letting on..

"Hardest you say, what, is he going to try to kill me? Ooh or maybe he will make me face echoes of all the people I have killed!" She scoffed. "Since you already have seen everything former as you so claim, then you already knew about my counterpart so I will just say this. That problem is dealt with and anything that damn nutcase tries on me now, I can easily get through, so no worries there... I am more interested in the after. You and Insanity both mentioned some type of judgement. By who? Insanity? You? Some other entity I have yet to meet? What does all does that entail and..." She paused. "...What is the worst case scenario?"

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 502 posts
  • LocationRVA

"You ask me to deduce the ramblings of a madman, young sage. While I am no longer obligated to answer any more of your questions, I will humor you this. Your worst case scenario is that he takes your life, or imprisons you here, indefinitely." he answered. While they talked he still scribbled on the parchment as he put the final touches on the contract.

"For your sake, I do hope that you may see the planes once more. They are shattered, imperfect, and often disorderly, but it is where we call home. You and I are not so different. I feel we want the same thing, though we are destined to disagree on how."

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 515 posts

"You are the one who mentioned it to begin with.." Hikaru grumbled. He was hiding something, he had to be. No matter..  "But an eternity with you? I should take my own life then," she rolled her eyes as she joked. "Either way, no we do not want the same thing, as I want Insanity to pay for all of this. Yet you say you do not seek to kill him. Why is that? If you really have been here as long you say, how could you not want him dead?"

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 502 posts
  • LocationRVA

"Such retribution would be unwarranted, as he has not taken my life. An eye for and eye... a tooth for a tooth." Juris explained. "It may come as a surprise to you, but we Embodiments live by a certain set of rules and guidelines . A certain standard we hold our peers to. Now that is not to say Insana will not answer for this once I am freed, and he will be summoned by the Grand Tribunal. Mark my words. "

"We want many of the same things, young sage. Our children to live and prosper. Our homes secure and safe. Our legacy to live on after us."

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 515 posts

"Yes, well tell that to the former Chaos and Destruction. It seems they missed the memo on such guidelines." Hikaru rolled her eyes once more. "But why bother with any sort of rules in the first place? If you have absolute power, why would you need such things? Seems kind of pointless to me. Just do as you wish and destroy those who would stop you...  Unless of course, you do not have absolute power, weakness to Revelation magic, and items, aside..." She turned to look away.

"From what I know of your kind, and that is not much, just what i gleaned from being around Ko-- Destruction. Him and Creation were your rulers, and from what that time brat  I had the displeasure of meeting, showed, both are now gone. Destruction, as I already have said, passed to my kids, and Creation, a mystery as far as what was showed, anyway. So with no rulers, why have rules?"

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 502 posts
  • LocationRVA

"As time has progressed, many of our kind have forgotten much of the old way, and the ancient rules. Often being reminded of them from the few that remain of the originals. Case in point, Insana, if you can appreciate that poetic irony." he chuckled.

"We drafted the rules as an agreement to police each other and ourselves. Creation and Destruction, yes, were typically seen as our symbolic leaders, but can you blame them? Time and Space never had much ambition to take such a mantle, Chaos would have rejected leaders in all forms, and myself?" he gestured to himself. "Well we both know that I am of no use while interred here. Guidance and leadership is often thrust upon those who least expect it, but embrace it none the less."

He approached her and placed his hand on her shoulder as she had her back to him. "And sometimes it is taken by force by those ambitious enough to take the initiative. Hm, young sage?"

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 515 posts
At this point, Hikaru was starting to really grow tired of being called 'young sage' over and over. She wasn't that young. Maybe compared to him, she was, but even then the title was getting old. She didn't let her annoyance show however as she answered, "So then it is as I suspected. You Embodiments are at your weakest point. No leaders competent enough to lead, no Order to enforce rules, and scattered about after Plex. Seems like the perfect time to end the era of false gods.."

Hikaru stepped away and looked back to him. "I had every intention of helping you before, but as it stands, you are a threat to my plans if free and since I have already answered your damn questions. I see no further point in continuing making this deal."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users