Welcome to Shattered RPG
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Insanus Pt. 5: The Paradigm Shift

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 442 posts
  • LocationRVA

"Yes, brother. Let us have some tea..."

-Last entry in the book of Juris de Facta, Embodiment of Order

How long had he really been here? The calendar stated it was December 2062, but he knew such things were trivial and arbitrary. Something mere mortals ascribed to intervals of time more consistent with the relative length of time they lived. Seconds, minutes, hours, days, months, years, simply figments except he had made the second hadnt he? The Tempus, he remembered it well. The first one he made was precise and accurate. Ornate and beautiful. He hadnt really made it with Time in mind, but upon meeting her as a child he felt drawn to bestow it upon her. To keep things in Order.

He hoped she was doing well, eating, not working herself too much. He worried about her much like he would an actual little sister, if Embodiments could even have such a thing. Hikaru had made a point, they were really just faking it most of the time. Familial connections to each other were really just sentimental at best. This didnt stop him from feeling the way he did about some of his fellow Embodiments however. It didnt stop him from feeling the way he did about Crea, their symbolic mother.

Crea... The Lifeshper. She who gave life and nurtured all creations. She must have been so disappointed in them....

This garden in this ruined city occupied only by ghosts of his memories was a memorial to her and to the Perfect. This was his small space of peace and quiet. Though Insana had imprisoned him here many eons ago, he did not seek to torture Juris. It seemed he had sought to silence the Iudex or impede him somehow. Juris was close to something, and he had a lot of time to think about what it was. There were just too many missing pieces. He had to get out somehow, and as a cruel twist of fate had it, his fellow inmate seemed to be his best best so far.

"RISE!" a shout rang out in the small square where Juris had his small garden -- his place of tranquility. A tranquility shattered the moment Hikaru once more regained consciousness. In an instant she had jumped to her feet with a display of violet and red accompanying her.

"Well, it seems tea time is over for now." Juris said to was woman sitting across a small table from him. "Tomorrow then?" he asked.

"Of course, Juris." the woman said and took her leave before Hikaru would look over.

Juris simply sat and waited for Hikaru to recompose herself, hands neatly folded in his lap.

My Characters:
Lt. Cmndr. Mark Tepper- Former CEO of Grunder Ind.
AI Delta- DAIS Director
Supr. Cmndr. Thel Valdamee- Supreme Commander of the Mechera Military/Interim INTERPOL Chairman
Fleet Adm. Aki Sora- Commander of the 3rd Zarethian Fleet
Mark Halsey/Tepper II- High Librarian for the Great Records of Time
Lord Nathan Church- Vampire, Galactic Inc. President of Security
Countess, Tera Mikami- Ruler of New Dementia
Admiral, Regis F Hermitage- Former Director of the Zarethian Hand
Vice Admiral, Lucien Z. Rychart- Pirate Lord [Zealot]/Demented Prince
Antonio Stradivari, Demonic General of the Army of Hell
AMI, city of Sulvian's AI
Insana, The Embodiment of Insanity.

Col. Tarkov, Zarethian Systems Security Sr. Field Officer (Former HIRU Colonel)
High Seraphim, Grunder Tepper- General of the Armies of Heaven

My NPCs-

Iudex, Juris de Facta- The Embodiment of Order

Lady Justitia de Facta- The Embodiment of Justice
The Giant Golden Dildo on the Sex Planet aka the Embodiment of Sex (Spoof)

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Archive Access
  • 456 posts

After the energy around her had faded, Hikaru stood silent with one hand on her head as she called back everything that had just 'happened' within her mind and spirit. Once they had settled, she breathed a sigh of relief. She didn't hear the other her anymore. Things seemed more quiet, and her attention was less distracted, all of her knowledge, memories, and emotions seemed more aligned and in her control. There were still after effects, but they were few.

All of that meant nothing, however, as even with the two halves of herself back together, the current predicament she had found herself in was still an issue. A fact she was all too reminded of when she caught sight of Order. Right. Well here goes nothing.

"So after an enlightening vision quest, and confirmation from my father, it seems your story checks out." Hikaru gave no further explanation to her words as she turned to look at him, her eyes on his every movement. "Unfortunately... You still introduced the theory that this could all be an illusion and another game by Insanity. Which does not work for me. For my plan of convincing the others, I have to be absolutely 100% sure this is not an illusion with no possibility for deniability. Therefore..." She held up her right hand, red, pure red energy called to it in the shape of a sphere, swirling and erratic, throwing sparks in all directions. "Catch."

Hikaru then threw the sphere at him in attack. However, this was just a distraction. Hikaru knew he would likely dodge it or simply easily get rid of it. No. For her plans to work she needed him to attack her. She needed him angry. That's why with her other hand which had remained behind her back, Hikaru called forth and shot a second attack of chaotic energy, this one a bolt directed at the one thing she had seen him to care about. The statue of the lady in the garden.

Posted Image

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 442 posts
  • LocationRVA

Juris initially did not flinch when the red sphere came at him, as it quickly fizzled away. He looked did not look amused, but was also curious seeing as her previous attacks had failed against him earlier. Why would she....

He leaped from his chair because he could sense something. Something he hadn't felt in a long time. Chaos?

He saw her hurl the ball of Chaotic energy at the statue and it became clear that Hikaru sought to defile Crea's monument. Though the material cost would have been negligible at best, as Juris could just as easily create a new one, this was Insanity's domain after all and everything in it was merely an illusion. The symbolism of it was not lost on him. It was simply disrespectful to the one they called the "Embodiment Mother".

He cast out his right arm towards the statue and yelled, "REICIO!" A large wall of green Orderic energy formed between the projectile and the statue. Once the ball collided with the wall, it exploded, but the explosion did not propagate out. Instead it expanded about a foot and was contained inside of a transparent green orb that floated there for a moment before hovering to Juris' outstretched hand.

"I see you have found a bit of spunk in your vision quest, young sage..." he said.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director
Supr. Cmndr. Thel Valdamee- Supreme Commander of the Mechera Military/Interim INTERPOL Chairman

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Archive Access
  • 456 posts
Hikaru looked to him, the sclera of her eyes had turned a chromatic shade of red, while the blue her irises had been changed to could be seen shifting babck and forth from their changed color back to her original eye-color of gold, the chaos energy disrupting the changes to the point it made a flickering back and forth from one color to the other, rapidly.

"As I said..." Hikaru held out her hand once more, trying to call forth even more of the energy. The sphere this time was even mor erratic, twisting and flowing, spiking out in odd ways to the point it could't even really be called a sphere. "There can be no deniability. SO ATTACK ME DAMMIT!" Hikaru could feel her own temper start to raise, as her thinking tried to switch to more instinctual, a side effect as she drew on more of the energy. The sphere flaring out at her anger.

It seemed the more she tried to control the energy, the more uncontrollable it became, as was the nature of chaos. Unlike her magic she couldn't just will it to do whatever she wanted. That wasn't too much of a problem... she could still fight with it. The problem was, the more uncontrolled it became, the more it tried to pull her mind in with it, feeding on her emotions. Her father had been right with that one, if she wasn't careful, it could end up consuming her ability to think rationally.

After all, she wasn't an embodiment, she didn't have their level of control over the force. Hell, she had barely just awakened what little control she did have and it was already taking everthing she had to maintain it.

What's more, Order didn't seem to be taking her hint which was not helping her temper. But of course, that was the nature of people of order, they couldn't think outside of the box... Maybe she had to be more direct..

"Maybe you do not know this, since you have been here for so long, but the best way for a mage to convince anyone of anything is to give them the memories of the event that they are trying to explain. Do you want to get out of here as bad as I do? Then help me convince your damn daughter by proving to me and my memory that you actually are the Embodiment of Order! ATTACK ME!"

The sphere now grew in size the more anger Hikaru put into it, so much so that the energy that was jumping every which way started to shred the ends to the sleeves of the robe she'd been forced into. Content at the size, Hikaru threw the sphere up to the sky, which then split and became thousands of smaller bolts of energy that went every which direction of the area they were in, targeting anything and everything.
Posted Image

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 442 posts
  • LocationRVA

Juris looked to the sky as the bolts of chaotic energy started to rain down. He threw out his free arm towards the sky and shouted louder than before, "SCUTUM!!!"

A green tinted dome appeared and shielded the area from the bolts. As they bolts struck the dome, they crumbled into a grey dust. It was an effect of Juris' Orderic energy canceling out Hikaru's Chaotic energy. As the dust began to fall down towards the ground, Juris grasped the orb tighter with his right hand and it too crumbled to a grey dust.

"Subsiste sermonem statim." Juris yelled to Hikaru. He rushed at her, and pinned her against another wall of green energy that formed behind her by her neck. "Stipendium peccati mors est." he added. He gritted his teeth.

"We are two sides of the same coin, and we may truly never see eye to eye with one another." he said. "But I have a much better idea for you than for you to raise your hand against an Embodiment, girl."

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Archive Access
  • 456 posts

A strong sense of familiarity washed over Hikaru the moment she had been pinned against the wall which caused her to look confused for a moment. It was almost as if she had been here before, well not 'here' but in this same circumstance, before the same person. It was like a sense of deja vu, but one that Hikaru just couldn't seem to shake off.

"Believe me Embodiment, it is not like I have a death wish." Hikaru finally glared at him but made no move to attack or resist. The chaotic energies around her had now faded as did the side effects. "You are the one that said I had to actually convince people! So I am simply trying to make sure I do not fail at that and get stuck with another one of you!"

Posted Image

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 442 posts
  • LocationRVA

BETRAYER!!!!!

The words rang loud and clear in his head when he had pinned her against the wall of Orderic Energy. So long ago, he couldnt remember how long ago, he had been in the same position with her, not Hikaru, but her.... Crea. He had learned an awful secret that the Perfect had hidden from him and the other embodiments. One they had hidden from Insana. He wondered why she reminded him so much of her. In her current form she was a far cry from what Crea had looked like. But...

WHY I SHOULD NOT STRIKE YOU AND CONSTANTINE DOWN!!!!

He gritted his teeth and tried to focus. Hikaru looked confused too, but not in the way he expected. It was like she was struggling with it too.

AND CRUCIFY YOU FOR ALL TO SEE!!!!

The wall disappeared and he threw her back, sending her flying about 15 feet or so into the dirt. This was wrong, something about this was wrong, but he didnt know what. Had he been in Insanity's realm too long? Had Insana finally broken his mind? Was this Juris' test and not Hikaru's?

"Get up." He commanded. "You would be lucky to have Justitia as your warden, rather than him. So are you prepared to make the deal or do you insist on more games?"

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Archive Access
  • 456 posts

God she hated this. All of it. From having been bested by Lucifer and his pet lapdog the very moment she came back to the dimension, to having to fight with literally herself, to having been led around and forced to play games with Insanity... and now.. Now to laying on the ground in sheer exhaustion from trying to harness the force of chaos. A power so unlike magic, that to use it she had to rely on her bodies own energy. Where with magic she could call upon it easily, will it, force it to do as she commanded, and replenish it easily. This... this was different. She could barely control it, it hardly did as she willed it, and with having to rely on her own energy to use it, it took everything she had to the point all she wanted to do was lie there and sleep.

Something so different for a Sage. Where Sages did sleep and eat.. they did so very rarely due to their connection to magic and being able to stave off the need for long periods of time. While Hikaru hadn't needed to eat since her very first death in her battle with Zere, thanks to technically being dead and all with the red recognition orb. Sleep was another story. Within the last several years, especially now without her soul, Hikaru had found herself having passed out, fallen unconscious, and forced to sleep from lack of energy far more times than she would have liked to admit. Another sign of the weakness she had found herself in as of late. Fuck them all. No more.

"That may be so..." Hikaru had now managed to pull herself off the ground and back to a standing position, her eyes narrowed into a glare as she stared him down. "However, believe it or not. I have things, plans, that I wish to get back to that do not include playing with Embodiments for eternity!" She sighed. This was getting nowhere. He just wasn't listening. Thankfully, with merging the two halves of herself back together, Hikaru hadn't just gotten rid of the other her and aligned her personality. Now that she was not at constant conflict with herself, she had also fixed her ability to think clearer and sharper as well. To better plan... --which was what she was now doing. It was time for a new approach...

"Besides.." Hikaru walked forward slowly. "The way I have started to see it... I am as much your ticket out of here as you are mine. Maybe even more..." She threw her hand up and shrugged. "After all, if I deny your deal..  All I have to do is answer your stupid questions, then play good little girl to that nutcase, then I am out of here. My magic back and all. But what does that get you? From how you presented it so far, it seems your situation is a little more permanent than mine. So, no, I do not want to play games, but it seems you do, seeing as you keep giving me unfair terms to which I cannot accomplish.

"After all, if I do fail to convince your daughter, then when exactly are you going to be free? Never? How exactly do you intend to get free if I fail to convince the other Embodiments? Huh? You are going to end up screwing us BOTH over for eternity with that. So stop and think! If you really want to get out of here. Then give me proof that shows that this was not all an illusion. My idea was physical memory, as that is what most mages would rely on. However, if you have any better ideas then state them. Otherwise, this will end in either me spending day after day here attacking you until you attack me back, or if that never works, finally giving in to your stupid questions and leaving here, and leaving you with no exit of your own. Take your damn pick." She spat.

To try to drive the point home further, Hikaru raised her hand outward, attempting to call forth more chaotic energy despite all of the exhaustion she felt. Red energy flickered for a moment, then flickered out, and then once more, but it was barely a glow to her fingertips. Small sparks of light to each finger. Ugh. Pathetic. Simply pathetic for the Eldest of the Sage Three. Damn she hated this.

Posted Image

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 442 posts
  • LocationRVA

Juris returned his hands to his side and calmly said, "Putro."

The chaotic energy she held flashed green and crumbled to the same grey ash as before.

"But do not delude yourself into thinking you have any leverage here. You are my BEST option, not my ONLY option. I told you that Insana refuses to kill me. It is only a matter of time before I am free." he rebuffed her attempt to dissuade him.

"I take it my energy still meanders around existence, albeit in a greatly diluted and diminished form..." Juris said. "So what if i were to bestow upon you agency of my force. It would allow you to use my force in great potency to demonstrate that you are in fact an Agent of Order. I have been gone longer than you have been alive, so logic would dictate to them that you have in fact come face to face with me." he proposed.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Archive Access
  • 456 posts

Hikaru raised an eyebrow at his first statement. No. He had not told her that. All she had been told thus far was that he was trapped there and Insanity seemed damn intent on keeping him there. The rest she had tried to infer for herself. But if that was true, and Insanity would not kill him. Why the hell did he not just break out? If he could stop chaos energy, a direct opposite, surely he could simply overpower a lesser force, could he not? So then why even go through all of this? Just what was going on between the two?

"Like what, another millennium..." Hikaru mumbled to herself in sarcasm, though her curiosity still wondered. For now though she would just let it go. Getting her magic back and getting out of there were the most important things after all. She could worry about her own curiosities later.

When he mentioned granting her use of his force, Hikaru looked almost shocked for a moment. Could a descendant of chaos even use the power of order? If it had just been magic, sure. But the actual literal forces of both? Two very conflicting energies.. What sort of distortions would it cause? What would it do to the energy alignment of the person using them? Would they try to fuse, or stay a part? Would one have to call on one at a time, or be able to harness both? She had never heard of such a thing, but then she had also not dealt with embodiments until Koty...

Then there was the other problem. The Guardians used Order Magic. Maybe not the force of order, but a magic based on it. Hikaru hated the Guardians and everything they stood for, for various reasons. To use anything alike it? It was an insult to  her own beliefs. However... at the same time, if she gave the memory of him granting that power, and then was able to produce that power... He was right, that should be enough to convince those she needed to convince...

"Fine." Hikaru finally snapped. "That works.. Do it. Just make sure to remove it when you are free.." She crossed her arms and sighed. Of course, this did not fix the other issue to the deal. If it had taken this long just to come to an agreement on having proof, she could almost bet he was not going to like the next problem.

Posted Image

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 442 posts
  • LocationRVA

Juris approached her and laid his hand on her chest, just below her neck and above her breasts. She would feel the force of Order pulsing from it.

"Be warned, spawn of Chaos... This may not be comfortable." he cautioned her. He wasnt really quite sure what would happen too. There wasnt a time he could recall 2 opposing forces living within one host. Would one cancel the other?

"By the Imperium entrusted to me upon my ascension by the Prefect Consuls..." he started to speak. As he did, green energy radiated from his hand and Hikaru would feel a burning sensation as the force of Order entered her body near her heart.

"I do appoint you an Agente Preator de Iussus." he declared. The Orderic energy began flowing into her body at a rapid pace. The moment it started to interact with the Chaotic energy within her, she would experience a pain as the Orderic energy attempted to suppress its opposite and grant her the power to prove Juris was in fact alive. The Insane energy within her did not go by the wayside, as it did what it did best... It complicated things.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Archive Access
  • 456 posts

Spawn of chaos? Was that meant to be some sort of insult? Did he actually think any of them respected that part of their bloodline? For sure it was power, and it was helping her situation now. But from what she had heard, and for the one time she had met up with him. It had been clear that Anarchy was not one for her to respect or care for. Not even grudgingly as she did the rest of her family.

"Whatever..." Hikaru rolled her eyes at the 'warning' and simply grit her teeth and and tried to bear it, when she felt the burning begin to start. At first that was nothing. The pain, even without her phoenix healing, was something she could mostly deal with. But then the mixture of different forces awakening within her began, all of them wanting to do things their own way, and Hikaru wasn't so cocky now as she dropped to her knees, eyes closed as she tried to gain some semblance of control internally.

It was a mess.

In order to awaken the chaotic energy Hikaru had had to destroy all sense of order within herself and let it feed on her hate, anger, and impulse. Now, to accept orderic energy, she had to instead suppress her hate and control her anger and impulses, and that was just hard. Unlike the other forces, chaos wasn't just something she was using as an agent or thorugh a ritual. It was part of her, a power within her bloodline that had been awoken. Thus it had the most sway over all of them or at least it would have, if she hadn't been in front of the embodiment of the orderic energy, where it was direct contact. So for now, the chaos was easier suppressed.

But what would happen when it wasn't direct contact and Hikaru was away from the source? Then there were the other two energies to contend with, the insane energy which she didn't know what it was, just that it was making things a lot more difficult in trying to maintain control, and the energy of destruction from her ritual with Koty, which sought to destroy all foreign energies that were not it. Then, last, there was the technological elite energy she had been forced to deal with as well, which seeked to heal, and also destroy any invading energies. To say it wasn't a hard fight would be a lie and if she didn't get some sort of grip on it all immediately, there was almost an absolute chance of another negi forming.

Red, green, orange-stained violet, purple, back to red, back to green, and so on. The aura that now surrounded Hikaru rapidly cycled through the different colored forces as they all fought for some sort of control over the alignment within the Sage. Some more forcefully than the rest. The energy toll coupled with the already previous exhaustion and current pain, finally won out as she screamed and fell forward onto the ground losing consciousness. The aura however, stuck around a while after, still rapidly cycling through colors before it faded.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users