Welcome to Shattered RPG
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

What's in a name!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Shrike

Shrike

Master

• S7 Project Team Member
  • 450 posts

"But I'll need to do more than that to win the trust of the Outerverse as I can't own it. In case any of the contamination of Plex survived inside me.... I can't own the Outerverse. I need it to willingly serve me instead. But how?" He asked, as he made his way through the D-Lab. He was searching for any further information on the Outerverse and / or on Plex that he could find within the place so that he could use the information to his advantage.  After all he wasn't going to let himself be unprepared like he had been when the initial outbreak of Plex attempting to conquer the plane of his reality had happened. No,  never again.  He would never again let himself go without a plan for everything. Eventually he gave up on the information, and started to just think on other things. Unfortunately this was where the trouble started. 

Those days were behind him and he knew that he couldn't afford to not have a plan for every eventuality. If the Outerverse rejected him he would have to find a way to create an equal power to use for himself. And yet, he couldn't do the creation of said power himself. He needed someone who could. And yet, who?

Hikaru of this timeline or any other would never help. He didn't want to bother his Grandpa or Grandmother with his "paranoia" as they likely were to call it. Kurai.... Just no. No. No No. Not at all

There was no way he would work with a Negi in the slightest.  When he noticred he was shaking as if someone was using a jackhammer inside his body he took a deep breath. His body relaxed and he thought some more on who it could be. Himself? Well... no. He wouldn't put himself at risk again, as the lab had elements only he would use. This meant there was another version of himself somewhere in this reality doing who knows what. Frankly, he'd leave him to his own devices. 

What he needed was someone he could rely on. His mind shot back to something from his timeline.  A group that had been around.  The Anrufe. 

Kia - B  was one who could manipulate some sort of Pink slime / goo / whatever it was. He was out on the grounds of him being a lunatic and likely to try and revive Plex.  So no, he was not someone Cam saw himself working with for any length of time. 

Reli was a Negi of an unknown species and thus not someone Cameron could see himself aligning with for any length of time. Nope, bad road. Forget Reli existed.  Cameron if he could have would be throwing up and / or in a fetal position right now. As it was, he was trying to shut down the panic he was undergoing inside his head. 

Aria was a clone of Hikaru that he didn't know how she existed. Of the Anrufe she likely would be the most useful to try and recruit. She was related and was not completely bat shit crazy or so he hoped anyway. Hopefully she didn't have a Negi in any way, shape or form. He really didn't want to deal with a Negi of her or communicate or interact with one in the slightest.  Her abilities over Hydrokinesis, if he remembered right would make a good way to level the field should he have to fight his great aunt Hikaru in this timeline. 

Chaos: The leader of the Anrufe after KiaB. Father of the Sage Three. Some of his specialties include the use of chaotic energy and fire. Zere: A level two Anrufe member and Chaos' partner in crime for most missions. Mentally unstable. Loyalty questionable at times. Known to have left the Anrufe some time ago. Specialty is sealing magic. Currently seems to have found some sort of mood stabilizer and has taken over Galactic, Inc.  Cam would never align himself with a nutbar like him who could run the risk of going insane and respawning Plex. Nope, Not happening Sir or Madam. 

Assassin: Mysterious introverted Anrufe member. Specializes in explosions. Carries a large scythe that he uses to bring about destruction. Believed to have died during the War of Perdition against the Narrikians. Level 2 Anrufe member.  Explosions weren't something he needed and he was reluctant to rely on Assassin as he had no way he could control him or keep him in check. 

White Genesis Negi: Level 2 Anrufe member, negi of K2323. Believed to have died during the Battle of Westhot during the Plex War.  Negi were unreliable and ran the risk of spreading or reinfecting him with the energies of Plex. In additioin to that, he really didn't want to interact with a Negi in the slightest, so they were out. 

Black Genesis Negi: Level 2 Anrufe member, negi of Kai. Believed to have died during the Battle of Westhot during the Plex War.   Negi were unreliable and ran the risk of spreading or reinfecting him with the energies of Plex. In additioin to that, he really didn't want to interact with a Negi in the slightest, so they were out. 

Jikore: Former servant of Chaos. Level 3 Anrufe member. Current whereabouts unknown.    Since he had no information he knew about Jikore or his capabilities and didn't want to waste his time searching the D-lab, Jikore was out. 

Midnight Mistress: A ghost-like woman. Zere's wife. Whereabouts unknown, presumed dead.  Well,  she's dead and so Cam's avoiding her. And even if he's alive, he's avoiding her due to her connection to Zere. 

Keith: Bag headed guy. Specialties unknown. Partner of Denera. Last seen in this timeline by some including the Sage Three in South before its destruction. With his abilities a mystery, Cam didn't see him aligning with the individual in the slightest. 

Denera: Some sort of shadow girl. Too little information was held by him on Denera. 

Blue Zero: Son of Zere. Specializes in "real" illusions -- creating illusions that aren't real but do inflict real pain. Killed by the Archive. Since he was dead, avoid the corpse. Plus he was the son of Zere, so even if he was alive, avoid.  

Green Zero: Son of Zere. Same specialty as his father. Believed to have left the Anrufe. Whereabouts unknown. As Cam had no information on him or his personality, he could only assume the guy was insane, so avoid. 

Red Zero: Girlfriend of Delta. Specializes in the use of fire. Daughter of Blue Zero. Whereabouts and current allegiance unknown.  Red Zero was connected to a renegade AI and so must be avoided at all cost. 

Delta: An Artificially Intelligent being. Boyfriend of Red Zero. Very dangerous, approach with caution. Leader of the paramilitary organization DAIS, vassals of the Anrufe. Delta was too powerful. Thus, avoid. 

All in all, other than his Great Aunt's clone, the entirety of the Anrufe was out. Honestly, the power most of them had was more than a little too scary for the purposes of Cameron. 

------------------------------------------------------

Another he would avoid came to mind. 

Shift  -   Shift had been the leader of the armies of Plex across the timeline. He had resulted in the infection Cam had gotten, as well as numerous other injuries that had nessecitated he abandon his organic body. Under no circumstances of any kind would Cam ever align with this vile abomination spawned by the weaknesses of Jay Stryder. Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope, Never Ever. No No No Not at all. 

Okay, so maybe he needed therapy. A lot of therapy in that regard. 

-----------------------------------------------

Since he needed to distract himself from the whole shaking in terror at Shift / The Anrufe and the like,  Cameron made his way deeper into the D-lab in order to look around and find something he could use. Eventually he just gave up and teleported to the Outerverse in order to simply talk with it. Talking might work, he supposed. He hoped. 

Cameron sat down on the ground under a palm tree in the Outerverse. His whole body was vibrating like a cell phone because of the line of thought he had earlier as he was in the D-lab.  "Listen Girl, I'm sorry I tried to take you over, alright?" He asked, his hand on the ground. "I just... I just was panicking because of something from my past that I can't go through again...." He stated, as he talked to the Outerverse. "With your permission, I would like to give you something no one else likely has. A name of your own, if you would allow me to give you a name. I'd also like to give you the ability to communicate with people directly. I can't... I won't take you over like I tried when I came here earlier." 

Don't think about your past, don't think about your past, don't think about your past. 

Unfortunately in his attempts to not think about the past, the memory of his most recent panic attack came to the surface. Cameron went wide eyed,  and started to hyperventilate. What would the Outerverse do now? 

Kaleb

Kaleb

Chief Technology Officer

• Community Administrator
  • 786 posts
The Outerverse could often be described as fierce. Like a wild stallion, she was unlikely to let just anyone take control of her. She was a creation of the Embodiments, a cosmic mystery beyond the understanding of mere mortals, and she was free, no matter who took her reigns; passionate, no matter how dull her occupants were. This had been true with the Aralangs, with their scientific gadgets that prodded and poked her. It had been true with Hikaru, with whom she had shared a close, mutually beneficial relationship. It was true now, too.

However; the Outerverse was not a horse. It was a dimensional core, built by the Embodiments to ensure a well functioning dimensional plane. More than anything, its desire, its goal, was to ensure life went on. The Outerverse represented the Light, in stark, stark contrast to the Darkness. And while most of her occupants had been some sort of gray, she remained a force of nature that represented something different. Something pure. Not pure in a stereotypical Hollywood sort of way. Pure, as in raw, beautiful, nature. A mysterious creation, performing the function it had been created to perform, and perplexing mortals along the way.

Cameron had found himself on a beautiful beach. Ocean waves lapped upon the sand, gently caressing it before dipping away back into the ocean. The smell of salt water was very present here as well. Palm trees decorated the border between the beach and another part of the Outerverse that was featureless and white, reflective of the cold and calculative nature of the previous owners. This beach, however, was the opposite of featureless, and if one listened closely enough, they might even hear the sound of pelicans in the distance.

As if trying to calm Cameron, a gentle ocean breeze swept in and brushed across Cameron's face. And how could one not calm down here? What wasn't to love? Away from all the burdens of civilization, all that was left was the blue water and the white, soft sand. No, that was inaccurate. Freedom remained here. And for Cameron, hope. Because the Outerverse had not yet kicked him out this time.

EVg3qW9.gif

Shrike

Shrike

Master

• S7 Project Team Member
  • 450 posts

The sounds and the breeze brought Cameron out of the panic attack caused by the constant wars he had been forced to fight. Wars he shouldn't have had to been made to fight because the Embodiments had chosen not to get involved until it was too late "Thank you for snapping me out of that panic attack, I've got panic attacks that happen too often. When I tried to take you over, I was trying to prevent the cause of the panic attacks from ever happening again by any means I possibly could." He confessed to the Outerverse. The environment made the tension fade from his body as did the fact he had not had the chance to enjoy a beach in well, he couldn't remember how long it had been since he genuinely had time to do so. 

If he ever met the Galaxy - No. Brain don't go there. Bad line of thought. Focus on calm thoughts. He then looked around. "You know, without you, the dimension wouldn't survive. It would end up like the timeline I'm from.... gone. You're the Hope of this timeline. That's it. I know what name to give you now. Hope. Your name shall be Hope!" He smiled, as he said that. A smile that was genuine. A smile that he had not smiled in a very long time. Yet, underneath it was also sadness. For he knew he could never save or restore his timeline.... it was gone forever. 

He then looked at the Outerverse. "That is, if you want the name a washed up failure who couldn't stop Plex in his own timeline provides."  And yes, Cameron did think of himself like that. 

Kaleb

Kaleb

Chief Technology Officer

• 786 posts

Suddenly, all at once, the wind began blowing harder, but not in an unpleasant way. In the ocean which Cameron found himself sitting beside, a great rumble could be heard, echoing, as the ground lightly began to shake. Then, some distance out in the water, but not too far -- a short swim away -- sand began to appear on the surface, gathering together, convalescing to form an island. It was a very small island made only of sand, but sure enough, it formed before Cam's eyes in the water.

On this island, from the ground, stone began to grow. Yes, grow, like a plant. Brick after brick of stone appeared as the Outerverse seemed to be building a castle. This continued, and as it did, Cameron would likely notice the incredible detail and beauty of this castle. It seemed as if the Outerverse had been exposed to great architectural knowledge, to know how to build something so magnificent.

When it was done, the castle took up most of the island. Its stones looked ancient despite the fact that the castle had just been build. Beautiful, stained glass windows decorated its many towers. Black, pointy battlements created the roofs for the castle. There were four towers spread throughout the building, connected to a main portion of the castle. Its entrance was marked by magnificent red doors with golden handles. From this castle, a stone archway bridge began to emerge over the water, slowly being constructed and coming closer and closer to the shores of the beach.

Cameron did not *own* the Outerverse as he had not yet learned the secret to "owning" it that had been used time and time again by past dictators. However; for now, the Outerverse was not kicking Cameron out, and would allow him to take sanctuary within her realm. And for the beautiful name he had given her, she even had provided him a gift. Rare treatment indeed.

EVg3qW9.gif

Shrike

Shrike

Master

• S7 Project Team Member
  • 450 posts

Giving the Outerverse a name had gotten him a castle?!?  This was something he had never expected. As the bridge appeared he then checked the bag on his person. The bag that contained an invention that had been apparently made by another version of himself. Cameron would have to find that other version of himself. Maybe between the two of them they could device a method to keep Plex from ever reforming / resurfacing in this timeline. He didn't care what Jay said. As long as there was a .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 percent chance of that abomination against life forming, it was unsafe to totally lower his guard. And yet, here in the Outerverse,  Cameron felt something he hadn't felt in a long time. He felt safe

"Thank you for letting me stay, and providing me the castle. I've got another gift for you, if you'll let me give it. It will allow you to project an avatar and communicate with others. I'm not sure who made it, though it looks like something I would have made when I were still organic, not sure why I would have made such a device to be honest." He stated.  The castle was certainly a lovely structure and he could see himself staying there while he convinced the Outerverse to help him get his head in order so he wasn't a threat to anyone he didn't intend to be. For example, he intended to find the family of Galaxy and chastise them suitably for the actions of their Father and take his notes on Plex and destroy them so thoroughly that no trace would remain. 

"Do you think.... do you think I'm broken?" He asked the Outerverse. Cameron needed therapy after all he had been through. The constant wars in his universe were catching up to him now that he was in a stress free environment. 

He then opened the bag once the bridge was made. He sat the Outerverse Communication System on the ground,  for the Outerverse to look at / play around with. "This is the last gift I've brought you Hope." He said. "I hope you like it." 

Kaleb

Kaleb

Chief Technology Officer

• 786 posts

Some of the sand on the beach began to shift, rising up and covering the device, as if the Outerverse was studying it. Then, the sand submerged. Maybe the Outerverse didn't feel like talking right now? Or maybe Hope was somewhere else in her domain right now. Either way, it seemed like Cameron would get no answer just yet.

The bridge to the castle completed. What adventures awaited inside?

EVg3qW9.gif

Shrike

Shrike

Master

• S7 Project Team Member
  • 450 posts

Cameron was reluctant to enter the castle because of all the trauma he had underwent. To him, surprises had a negative connotation, namely that he always expected surprise attacks in the middle of the night or at other inconvenient times. Okay, so maybe his head was a lot more messed up than it should ever be if he were to be honest with himself. Really saving the plane from potential threats should be the burden of someone other than himself. And yes, it was a burden he no longer wanted. He sighed. If he was going to befriend the Outerverse he had to trust it, right? Well, he supposed so. Frustrated at his mental state he made his way inside the castle. This better not be a trap. 

Kaleb

Kaleb

Chief Technology Officer

• 786 posts

The castle was not a trap. In fact, it was something beautiful, at once ancient and new. The foyer was magnificent, with walls of white, trimmed with red and gold. Two tall plants stood on either side of the main entrance, and stained glass windows surrounded the double doors. On either side of the entrance, archways led into neighboring rooms. Ahead, a grant, magnificent staircase led upstairs, the stairs made of marble, with a grand chandelier lighting the way. Beyond the staircase, a hallway led to many more rooms.

Upstairs, there were even more rooms, and a grand landing or gallery which overlooked the first floor, from which the many hallways of the second floor began. Grand, white columns held the structure together, and a beautiful glass ceiling lit the gallery and the foyer below. There were undoubtedly more staircases and more stories in the palace, but the main staircase only led to the second story. From somewhere on the second story, the giggle of a little girl could be heard, along with footsteps -- someone running.

EVg3qW9.gif

Shrike

Shrike

Master

• S7 Project Team Member
  • 450 posts

Psychologically Cameron was not the sharpest tool in the shed, and he knew it. Was he really hearing the laughter of a girl from an upper floor of the castle? Perhaps the girl was the OV personified. Either way, he owed it to himself to check out the source of the laughter. He would not be caught with his pants down again to use a metaphor. The last time that had happened it had cost him his organic body. 

Never Again. 

Never again would he lower his guard completely in any location. Never again would he allow himself to be completely at peace until he knew beyond any doubt whatsoever it was safe. Even here in the Outerverse,  Cameron was reluctant to say the least to let his guard down. Why? Because Plex could be reactivated by a Jackass with delusions of grandeur. That thought was not one Cameron intended to allow to become reality. Thank you, but no. He'd deal with such absolutely never ever ever, thank you please, sir or madam. Okay, he knew he needed therapy.  And potentially Galaxy's head adorning a wall in the castle to remind him he could be retired from the whole "Try to save the Timeline and fail miserably" business that Plex had caused him to indulge in. 

He made his way up the stairs. All in all he hoped this wasn't something he didn't want to deal with. If it was a Negi, he would indulge in the shoot to kill doctrine on it as he really didn't want to have to deal with one. Thank you but no, his days of fighting them for now were over. Of course if he encountered Kurai, he was going to kill her. If he encountered any of Plex's filthy spawns, he was going to kill them. 

Kaleb

Kaleb

Chief Technology Officer

• 786 posts

"Mister, come play with me," a little girl's voice echoed through the halls when Cam reached the landing on the second story. Beautiful red carpet, and chairs made of gold decorated the gallery. Various pictures of the Outerverse in its former forms lined the gallery as well. There was a picture of a harsh clay canyon, a picture of an abandoned city, a picture of fields of green grass, and a picture of a fiery wasteland. If Cam looked fast enough, he would barely catch the sight of a little girl in a white dress rounding a corner down a hallway, dashing out of sight.

EVg3qW9.gif

Shrike

Shrike

Master

• S7 Project Team Member
  • 450 posts

So the Outerverse wanted to play.  Why did it want to play when there were more important matters to attend to?!? Like making sure it never got infected by Plex unlike the doomed timeline he was from. Cameron was going to ensure the infection never took place no matter what he had to do. He'd play the game the OV apparently wanted him to though, if merely to take his mind off his panic attacks. 

He dashed after the little girl. Was this the avatar of the Outerverse in it's truest form? If so, he'd bend it to his will without owning the Outerverse. By the time he was done, it would be willing to do as he said without the need for conquest. And if it just so happened to add numerous defenses to prevent what had happened in his timeline from happening again? Well, he wouldn't complain. After all, he wanted to be done. 

Done. 

Done helping people. 

Done saving the plane. 

Done being the hero. 

Cameron knew he'd have to retire one day, and he'd love it if it could happen sooner rather than later. For now, he'd focus on the game the girl wanted as opposed to his own thoughts. Really though if he ever got his hands around the throat of Galaxy, he'd introduce Galaxy to horrors beyond imagining for creating the madness Cameron still had to clean up. 

Later once the game was over, he planned on exploring the place, and learning about the beauty the castle had to offer. For now though, he'd play along with what the girl wanted. 

Kaleb

Kaleb

Chief Technology Officer

• 786 posts

As Cam ran through the hall, he would pass several statues on either side of the room, bordering various doors to miscellaneous rooms in the castle. Among these statues were faces Cameron would find familiar, and some, not so much. Some of the statues included the faces of Hikaru, Kai, K2323, some Relorian leaders, and some Aralang leaders. It seemed that these statues represented former owners of the Outerverse.

At the end of the hall, Cameron would notice another hall to the left with several more rooms. One of the doors to this hallway was open, and inside, there was what appeared to be a little girl's room, decorated with pink pastels, a beautiful bed of pink and white, and many, many toys. On the ground, a little girl was playing with dolls. She was wearing a white dress, and her long, blonde hair was tied in braids. Her irises were also a golden hue.

EVg3qW9.gif

Shrike

Shrike

Master

• S7 Project Team Member
  • 450 posts

Cam approached her, and knelt down so she could look him in the eyes.  "Listen,  Hope.  Something bad happened where I'm from, something unspeakably horrible that I never want to think about again. Unfortunately, it could repeat again here and now. This is why I tried to take you over in a rush. I'm sorry." He said. "Now that I know you're self aware without the Outerverse Communication Device, I won't try that again.  But could you do me a favor and tell me if anyone's here? I've got a sinking feeling I'm about to have a bad encounter." He stated. Really he longed as mentioned before for his retirement from having to be the hero,  a time when he could take such a desire and rid himself of it. 

Plex had made Cameron paranoid,  and prone to panic attacks. It had also given him PTSD from all the battles he'd been forced to fight, the wars he had been forced to wage. Really he wanted to just... hang it up. Let fixing the wars, messes, and other problems be someone else's problem. ideally someone who was not messed up in the head - because yes, Cam knew he was. 

"I just....  I can't handle any more war,  Hope. Right now.... I literally wouldn't survive mentally. I'd become a monster if I had to go through it again." 

Cam was barely keeping himself together. His mind was a frayed electrical cord of damage, and despair.  Cameron clutched his head as he got the message from the clone of him in the Outerverse. He then decided he needed to dissipate one of the clones of him that was outside the Outerverse so he could put more Picobots into dealing with the situation he was going to have to handle. The one in the City of Lus was important, and so he disassembled and deacticated the one in the D-Lab. 

"..... Kurai's here. Make her go away.  Please....."  He whimpered, and started hyperventilating.  He was shaking, his eyes twitching. His breathing was shallow. 

Kaleb

Kaleb

Chief Technology Officer

• 786 posts

Hope watched with large eyes as Cameron started to speak to her. She could tell that he was very nervous; unsettled, even. She herself knew something of the feeling; She had felt it a few times before. First, over eight years ago, when a large rip in the fabric of the Outerverse had occurred as a result of Lady Hikaru's escape from the Aralangs. Later, when the Aralangs themselves defiled the realm with their circuitry. Even now, the presence of picobots and the Outerverse Communication Device within her realm caused fits of nervous giggles to erupt from her despite the rather serious nature of Cameron's monologue.

"It's oookaaayyy" she assured him, placing her small hand upon his shoulder, "You're safe here!"

Then, another first. Cameron was... apologizing to the Outerverse!? Some that had come here had been benevolent, a few even good, but few if any had ever treated Hope with such regard as to apologize for offense against her. Her big, golden eyes began to water, and she couldn't help herself but to let out a childish sob.

"You're sowwy?" she asked, incredulously. "It's okay... Reeally."

Hope wiped away a few tears before looking at Cameron, slightly confused. "But I've always been self aware! You're just the first person to try to communicate with me like this. Thank for for that... And for my name! I reeeeaaallly love it. But what should I call you, mister?"

EVg3qW9.gif

Shrike

Shrike

Master

• S7 Project Team Member
  • 450 posts

The Outerverse was..... sad....happy that he had apologized to her?  At least she had accepted his apology, a sign he was making progress in attempting to befriend the Outerverse and get it to not fall to Plex or any other menace out there with delusions of destroying the plane. Okay, so maybe he needed a way to take his mind off those memories. He definitely had to do so in some way, shape or form. Focusing on the here and now would work. Her touch on his shoulder brought him back to the present - protected him from having yet another of those episodes that he wanted to rid himself of. They were counter productive but he couldn't simply block them from happening, could he? It was worth looking into. 

"Cameron is my name."  

He then looked at Hope. "Would you mind doing me a favor,  Hope?" He asked.  "A favor that would help me calm down a little?" If Kurai wasn't allowed to do anything to his clone which could possibly translate to happening to him if Kurai was smart enough, and Cam had no doubt she was, it would make him feel a lot safer,  he knew that much. Plus he really just didn't like the presence of Kurai in the Outerverse for some reason. Well, many reasons.  And quite frankly? He hated her guts from the one interaction, anyway. 

"See, there's a person threatening part of me inside the Outerverse..... could you make sure she can't carry out her threat to "drive me insane" in order to force me to look for her daughter's corpse which I really don't want to do?"  He would not arm Kurai with anything, thank you very much sir or madame. Nope, bad road, stop thinking about it....

Kaleb

Kaleb

Chief Technology Officer

• 786 posts
"Cam...eron," Hope repeated, her tongue rolling over the words slowly. She looked a bit inquisitive, as if she were learning something about humanity, or language, or names. Then, her eyes lit up with understanding. "Nice to meet 'cha, Cameron! Welcome to your castle! I built this place for you... To say thank you! This is a special place, where you can meet with me, or just calm down. Stay here as long as you want!"

She studied him carefully. He had spoken about war. Hope, despite her current appearance, was very, very old herself. She too had seen many, many wars throughout her lifetime. She was no stranger to bloodshed, from the hundreds of years of Sage Three rule, to more recent events. She could remember so much... A shudder went down her body as she, maybe for the first time, realized the cost of such war.

"I think... I may be tired of war too, Cameron," she replied, at first slightly unsure, and then nodding her head decisively. "Yes, I am! War is the reason things have been so unstable here recently... But you know what? I betcha you could be a champion for peace. I mean, you came here and gave me a name, after all! You're the first person to ever do that... Who knows what else you could do, if you set your mind to it?"

As Cameron made his request regarding Kurai a second time, a look of fear and worry spread upon Hope's face. "That mean person is back? Why won't she leave us alone? I hate bullies!"

EVg3qW9.gif

Shrike

Shrike

Master

• S7 Project Team Member
  • 450 posts

A tear and a scream of pain erupted from Cam as his clone was trapped in the Negative Spirit Fire Barrier that Kurai had made.  He gently removed Hope's hand from his shoulder as he knew with the pain he was in, he didn't want her to feel any of the vibrations that were going to be coursing through him in a few seconds. With that done, he stood to his full height. 

He gritted his teeth at the sheer agony that was filling every bit of his body from what she had just done to his fragment near her. Okay, now it was time he stopped playing nice with the Wench and did something about her. Something painful, something miserable.  "Thank you for the castle Hope. It was a wonderful gift. Sadly, right now, I don't think I'd be a champion of peace." He admitted as he looked at her, and held out his hand. The air shimmered,  manipulated as he used his Auv to reach into a pocket dimension he had merged with his own body. You know what was in the pocket dimension? A single item. A single item Cameron had not touched in who knows how long anymore. 

He then said to Hope.  "... I put an item away years ago when I was finally forced to plot an escape route.... a sword. A sword used for blood shed... I don't want to have to pick it up again Hope.... but Kurai.... she's hurting me." 

A hilt started to come out of the shimmering spot in the air, but as it did Cameron was shaking even more. He was vibrating like a jack hammer in fact. For he had truly hoped he could leave the sword put away... put away permanently. 

Kaleb

Kaleb

Chief Technology Officer

• 786 posts

Hope's eyes grew wide as she sensed the violence going on elsewhere. In a flash of golden light, she vanished. Left behind, however, was this brilliant castle that she had built. There was much to explore. Who knew what awaited Cameron in any of the other rooms...

EVg3qW9.gif

Shrike

Shrike

Master

• S7 Project Team Member
  • 450 posts

Cameron walked through the place to explore the next room over. While Hope was busy, he supposed he should explore the place. Hopefully she could teach the Negi a thing or two about decency and morals. And not bothering someone with PTSD when they told her they weren't interested in helping her. Yeah, he had problems. 

Kaleb

Kaleb

Chief Technology Officer

• 786 posts

As Cameron approached the door to the next room over, a voice would appear in his head. It was a voice Cameron likely never would have heard before, but one that would sound slightly familiar, with the dialect of maybe a Sage of some kind. The voice was female, young, and it spoke with great cheer despite the ominous nature of its message.

"Choose wisely, Cameron, which door you enter. It will determine your next adventure," the voice insisted.

The door before Cameron had a base background color of red. A vertical square was engraved in the door, taking up the whole length of the door. Within the square, golden trim was engraved, and if one looked at the trim closely, they might make out the shape of a series of mountains forming a range. The door handle appeared to be a plain metallic handle.

EVg3qW9.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users