Welcome to Shattered RPG
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Unpick the Thread

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Jimbles

Jimbles

Journeyman

• Archive Access
  • 56 posts

A silver portal opened in the middle of an old, musty room in the Guardian HQ- Disturbing the dust around it.

The room had likely fallen into disrepair even when the Guardians had been here, it was the sort of room that was perfect for infiltration- After all there was a security system here, even if it wasn't necesarrily hostile avoiding it seemed like the best course of action.

Jay stepped out of the portal, the book of one K2323 open in his hand. He turned to his companion, pulling up his glasses to sit on top of his head "So K2323's last known location is here. Reading on it looks like he met.... Huh, me." The Templar looked upon the book with a puzzled expression, allowing it to drop out of his hands and disappear back to the Archives of Time "Well, that sounds bad!" He laughed a little as he started making his way through the HQ, beckoning Halsey to follow.

He slowly made his way to K2323's last known location, the room where he supposedly met some version of Jay.

Kaleb

Kaleb

Chief Technology Officer

• Community Administrator
  • 769 posts

Not too far away, there was a wide room overlooking a beautiful, wall-length window view of the gray skies the Guardian HQ floated in. This was the Fourth Floor Break Room, no doubt once a spot for considerable R&R, some thousands of years ago. This room was truly antiquated, but seemingly well built and no doubt enforced through various architectural spells. The wood that decorated the floors and walls of this place was stained dark, and despite its ancient nature, looked to be quite healthy. Great care had once gone into constructing this entire base.

Nearest the window, there were a few chairs and a bollards table that looked more worn than anything else in the room. This billiards area overlooking the large wall-sized window was in a slight pit in the ground. There were also a few tables in this area, and a rack of pool sticks hanging from an apparatus on the wall. It looked like the sort of area where many a conversation about inter-dimensional politics had been had once, all over a game of billiards. Now, this billiards pit was quite abandoned.

On the back wall of the room, an expansive bar took up most of the wall space, with plain wooden doors on either side of the bar going further into the base. The bar seemed well stocked with various unmarked vials, and there was a window in the wall providing access to a rather impressive kitchen in a back room. Various wooden bar stools with red cushions lined the entire bar. The entire bar seemed to be rather pristine.

The rest of the room seemed to consist of high top tables and chairs, like a typical bar/restaurant. There was some sort of enchanted jukebox in the corner, and the room was well lit by floating lanterns that seemed to magically levitate in the room, dancing around it. Occasionally, two of the lanterns would bump into each other, bow at each other, and then move around each other. All in all, this room seemed fairly normal, albeit a bit magical.

At one of these tables, K2323 was sitting, and to the common observer, it would appear that he was perfectly conscious and aware of his surroundings as he tapped his fingers gently on the high top. After a few moments of this, a song came on the enchanted jukebox -- an old folk song from the Sage Dimension.

There once was a girl named Mary Beth

And she was ever known to make quite a mess

Running to and fro through the trees

Never with a care, at ease

Alas, it was not meant to be

She drowned in Lake Misery

Now her ghost haunts that place

Late at night you can see her face

As the old merry song played, K2323 stood up and began dancing to the tune. As he danced, he made his way over to the bar, where a plate of some sort of blue cake sat unoccupied. He took a giant bite of the cake and continued dancing merrily to the tune.

EVg3qW9.gif

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 442 posts
  • LocationRVA

Halsey came out of the portal after Jay and dusted himself off.

"You know, i never will understand how I can go through a portal first, but somehow come out last." he said sounding like a mixture of intrigued and annoyed. "And theres like no difference in time either. I just step out and you're already here. " he continued talking and stopped in his tracks, observing the abandoned area.

"Woah... This place reminds me of.... fuck, what was that one Narikian world?" He asked Jay. "Oh never mind, they're all the same anyway. my god, what a shithole." he said, not waiting for Jay to even answer.

"Why is Kaleb Tyris even here?" he asked, actually waiting for Jay to answer this time.

My Characters:
Lt. Cmndr. Mark Tepper- Former CEO of Grunder Ind.
AI Delta- DAIS Director
Supr. Cmndr. Thel Valdamee- Supreme Commander of the Mechera Military/Interim INTERPOL Chairman
Fleet Adm. Aki Sora- Commander of the 3rd Zarethian Fleet
Mark Halsey/Tepper II- High Librarian for the Great Records of Time
Lord Nathan Church- Vampire, Galactic Inc. President of Security
Countess, Tera Mikami- Ruler of New Dementia
Admiral, Regis F Hermitage- Former Director of the Zarethian Hand
Vice Admiral, Lucien Z. Rychart- Pirate Lord [Zealot]/Demented Prince
Antonio Stradivari, Demonic General of the Army of Hell
AMI, city of Sulvian's AI
Insana, The Embodiment of Insanity.

Col. Tarkov, Zarethian Systems Security Sr. Field Officer (Former HIRU Colonel)
High Seraphim, Grunder Tepper- General of the Armies of Heaven

My NPCs-

Iudex, Juris de Facta- The Embodiment of Order

Lady Justitia de Facta- The Embodiment of Justice
The Giant Golden Dildo on the Sex Planet aka the Embodiment of Sex (Spoof)

Jimbles

Jimbles

Journeyman

• Archive Access
  • 56 posts

"That's Time buddy, things can get weird." Jay laughed at Halsey's first comment, rounding a corner "Fact of the matter is I actually went and ran two or three errands between stepping into the portal and stepping out, it's all about maximising efficiency yknow?"

The Templar walked the eerily quiet halls, finding his way to the grandiose doors of the fourth floor break room "Not sure on the why but Tyris ported here, maybe he's a big fan of shitty manors and abandoned buildings. He ran into some weirdness here though so stay on edge." Quietly, he opened the door to the scene of K2323 having a dance.

The Templar remained silent for a moment or two, almost dumbfounded as he watched his friend dance and eat cake "See what I mean? Weirdness."

Kaleb

Kaleb

Chief Technology Officer

• 769 posts

K2323 did not seem to notice the newcomers, despite the fact that he was making direct eye contact. The moment Jay and Halsey entered the room, Templar energies would make themselves obvious, swirling around the room. What's strange was that there was some sort of distortion in time here; something was wrong with how time was flowing in this room. However; before much attention could be paid towards that, a time induced illusion would attempt to draw Jay and Halsey in. Should they fall susceptible to this effect, they would begin to see what K2323 was seeing.

---

Kaleb James "K2323" Tyris I had been in the town of Narville for a month, and before that...? Who knows? Did it matter? Had he ever really existed outside of this town? Had he really had a life somewhere else? He could vaguely remember a pink haired girl and an unpredictably chaotic man who looked just like him. He could vaguely remember a woman with brown hair, and when he did, he got a warm feeling, like butterflies in his stomach. However; for the most part, those memories were like nagging sensations trying to disturb his peace, and something about the town of Narville kept telling him to forget the past... who needs it? He had tried to resist, but, now his memories were slowly fading, as was his will to resist.

At least, that was the vague feeling Kaleb had as he ate his toast. He was incredibly well dressed, wearing a white shirt, red tie, a vest, a coat jacket, slacks, and a top hat. He finished his breakfast and made his way through the grand living room, into an even grander drawing room decorated with the finest styles from Victorian Earth. Sculptures hanging on the wall, rich colors, and chesterfield furniture decorated this room. He walked across this room too, picking up a walking stick -- all the civilized men of Narville had them -- before making his way into his foyer.

"Off to the races again, Mr. Rochester?" a doorman asked Kaleb, opening the grand doors to his home.

Kaleb did not seem confused by the fake last name. "Yes, Charles. My money is on Reckless Lightning. Let us hope my pick in horses is not as bad as my pick in gardeners," he joked.

"Yes, Mr. Rochester. Are we still to expect the new candidate to replace Mr. North today at 6?" the doorman asked.

"Yes, he will be joining me for dinner," Kaleb confirmed as he lit his pipe indoors, inhaling and blowing smoke into the air of his foyer. "Anyway, off I go."

Kaleb made his way onto the portico out front, and stepped into a covered wagon. A driver up front pulled on the reigns of the four horses driving the wagon, and off the wagon went, slowly galloping away from the grounds of Kaleb's estate, and into the surrounding town of Narville. It would seem that Kaleb Tyris was stuck on 1917 Earth... Only... Not really?

EVg3qW9.gif

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 442 posts
  • LocationRVA

Halsey took a step forward but stopped, weary of the effect's calling. He could sense something was off about the whole aura of this place. Why was K2 just sitting there? In a trance? Had he fallen for some sort of trap here, had someone imprisoned him in his own mind, had he deliberately done it to escape something? These questions and more raced through his mind, but there was one prevailing thought. He did not want to be its next victim. He had survived False Heaven, and he would survive this...

"Jay, something is off about this..." Halsey said, sounding somewhat worried.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director
Supr. Cmndr. Thel Valdamee- Supreme Commander of the Mechera Military/Interim INTERPOL Chairman

My NPCs-

Jimbles

Jimbles

Journeyman

• Archive Access
  • 56 posts

"Ah crapbaskets" Instinctually, time slowed for Jay giving him a moment extra to think. In his current state, he couldn't protect both himself and Halsey from the illusion attempting to draw them in- He simply wasn't strong enough.

What the Templar realised he could do however, was to protect Halsey and give him the means to interact with this illusion. He whipped off his glasses, throwing them to Halsey as he yelled "Wear these, don't die!"

With a whip of his Shepherd's crook he formed a bubble around Halsey of his own Templar energies- the bubble would ward off the temporal anomaly from drawing Halsey in while the glasses were now enchanted- They would allow Halsey to see into the illusion and interact in minor ways with it.

As for Jay himself well, he had a plan. Using the last of his available power he forced himself into the illusion, hopefully with enough force to leave even a minor tear. Just enough to unpick once he recovered on the other side. For now however, the temporal energies in the room washed over him. The Templar found himself on a dirt road as he collapsed to his knees, off in the distance he saw a covered wagon slowly approach as he quietly lost consciousness.

Kaleb

Kaleb

Chief Technology Officer

• 769 posts

"But I do say, Winston. If Sheriff Stryder does not win the election, there is something seriously wrong with this town," Kaleb mused.

"Yes, Master Rochester, you're quite right," the driver mused, not interjecting with his own political opinions.

The covered wagon made its way down the dirt road at a brisk pace, passing many trees and foliage on either side of the road, along with the occasional house. This seemed to be a largely residential area near the outskirts of town. The people here were very friendly, and occasionally, a resident would wave at the wagon from their yard as they carried out garden work or did whatever it was people did in their yards on a bright, sunshiny day.

"In any case, I must say that I am worried about the post off-"
"WOOOOAH, Nelly!" Winston interrupted his master, slowing his horses abruptly. The wagon shook from the jolt of the sudden halt, and Kaleb nearly went flying through the partition that separated his area of the wagon from the driver's seat ahead.

"What the devil was that?" Kaleb asked, peering through the partion.

"It's Sheriff Stryder," Winston revealed, getting out of the wagon at once. Kaleb did the same, and they rushed up to Jay. Kaleb knelt before him, checking his pulse.

"Get him some water at once," Kaleb ordered.

"Yes, Master Rochester," Winston replied, turning and running towards the covered wagon to grab a canteen.

"Jay, wake up," Kaleb insisted, lightly slapping at his face. However; something was off. His clothes were strange... Like the ones he wore in that dream I kept having. Kaleb put this out of his mind, more worried about the state of his friend right now. What happened to you?

---

Elsewhere in this illusion, there was a gentle brook beside some trees. Water flowed softly from it, through the foliage. There did not seem to be any people around, but many a forest animal approached the brook for water, and there did seem to be fish hopping along in the body of water. Many a rock threatened to disrupt the water as well, forcing the water to take at times somewhat unusual paths around them.

It was near this brook that a small rip in the fabrics of the illusion appeared in the sky.

---

Kaleb continued eating his cake, seemingly unaware of Jay and Halsey. On the wall, a clock struck 12:02. Elsewhere, within the Guardian HQ, an observant party would possibly realize that there were others present. The abandoned Guardian HQ was not so abandoned after all, and every once in awhile a laugh could be heard there, a rising magic signature there. However; thus far, Halsey would not have seen anyone else besides Kaleb and Jay. 

EVg3qW9.gif

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 442 posts
  • LocationRVA

Halsey continued to watch Jay and Kaleb with a glint of curiosity. He held tightly to his dagger, but seemed enthralled at the illusion more so than he was afraid of the decrepit place he found himself in...

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Jimbles

Jimbles

Journeyman

• Archive Access
  • 56 posts

The Templar stirred, his eyes opening to Kaleb's light slapping. "Why in the hell...?" He uttered, still half asleep as he looked over his friend.

He tried to stand, using his staff to stabilize himself- Was he really this weak now?

The answer, of course, was yes. Even though he had the opportunity to recharge his power at the Outerverse that was only a small amount of Positive energy- He was rough and out of practice. Even the use of his staff as a focus only granted him access to his normal power and not necesarrily the energy to perform his usual feats of Temporal skill.

Jay coughed, gazing over his friend. Why was he dressed so weirdly?

The Templar looked around him, the temporal energies making up this illusion being fairly clear to him. He'd need to find the hole he made, but first....

"Kaleb, buddy! It's been a while!" He took on his usual overly confident affect, stretching to try and mask his pain "How're you doin'?"

Kaleb

Kaleb

Chief Technology Officer

• 769 posts

Kaleb watched as Jay attempted to stand, using his staff to support himself. Never mind the fact that Kaleb had never seen the sheriff carrying such a staff before; why was he this weak? Kaleb lent his shoulder to his friend for support. At about this time, Winston, the driver of the horse carriage, returned with a canteen of water which he offered to Jay.

"What ever do you mean, it's been awhile?" Kaleb asked Jay incredulously. "Why, I just saw you yesterday. What illness has befallen you, my friend? You seem to be rather weak. Where is your horse? Come, we were just heading to the race tracks." He started to lead his friend towards the horse driven carriage. "We can give you a ride, though I do think perhaps you should be in bed. This nasty campaign must be doing a number on your health, my friend; you really must take care of yourself. Shall I have Winston call upon Doctor Margo?"

EVg3qW9.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users