Welcome to Shattered RPG
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

What now?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Iaz

Iaz

Chase's Gay Lover ♥

• Archive Access
  • 252 posts

In his youth, for the wee years of a human, perhaps the golden streets and shimmering buildings would have made an impact on Faote as he entered from a portal. The apparent shine of the infrastructure didn't impress him, so much as how eerie the vacant streets made an impression on him.

He came for answers. Or more specifically, one answer.

What now?

It's been 8 years since the fall of False Heaven, when he received his title as Heat from his late father. False Heaven itself was made as a neutral ground for all parties, of all factions, of all species. To meet under a unified banner, and come to an understanding. To stop the needless wars, the killing, and come together as one.

He should have expected that it would be destroyed in a power struggle between some faction's tantrum with another. What were you supposed to expect of children? They bicker, they cry when they don't get what they want, they war, they kill.

Still, I can't fault Halsey for attempting a Peace Conference. I probably would have done the same, though had I known what would have eventually happened... I can't deny I perhaps would want to have just killed them all myself.

Wanton murder? That's just the same as what he criticized the various dimensions of doing. Though thinking about it, he could just...

I'm sure removing all life by forcing a heat death of the universe is against some rule as an embodiment somewhere. Plus it goes against the little I've done already.

The past 8 years were not passed in sloth, though considering everything he had done before his current incarnation, it is painfully much like wasting away, doing nothing. For all his work, his Heat will make life, that life will war. That war will ultimately cease life. Life will consume life, for someone will eventually create a weapon that consumes all. It would be better to put them out of their misery now. But he can't. It's not a silly rule that may or may not exist.

Something else deep within stops him.

Finding this place in and of itself was a challenge. He had been dead before, certainly, but the two judges sent him back out into the world of the living.

Were there two judges? A black and a white one? A memory surfaced, him begging them for eternal rest to only be denied.

Focus. There's bound to be someone here. Maybe someone here can give Faote the answer he wants.

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 520 posts
  • LocationRVA

The city was sparsely populated at the moment as a few people were wandering here and there. Some minor Embodiments chatting and saying hello to each other, agents of other Embodiments running about to conduct the bidding of their masters. Though once a vibrant, lively place, this city has fallen to much disuse since the times long past. A man wearing a purple hooded robe with golden trimming rushed past and accidentally bumped into Faote.

"Excuse me m'lord." he said hurriedly and apologetically. He quickly bowed to Faote, recognizing him as an Embodiment of some sort, and rushed ahead.

Before Faote in the street was a small party of people. Some were dressed in silver armor, and some were dressed in black magistrate's robes. One person stood out in particular. A woman. She was very pale, and had long, flowing, jet black, hair with a silver streak to it. She also donned silver armor with a distinctive golden trim on it, and most striking was that she wore a blindfold. Curious indeed.

The man in the purple robes stopped before the party and bowed to the lady before handing her a scroll and scurrying off.

My Characters:
Lt. Cmndr. Mark Tepper- Former CEO of Grunder Ind.
AI Delta- DAIS Director
Supr. Cmndr. Thel Valdamee- Supreme Commander of the Mechera Military/Interim INTERPOL Chairman
Fleet Adm. Aki Sora- Commander of the 3rd Zarethian Fleet
Mark Halsey/Tepper II- High Librarian for the Great Records of Time
Lord Nathan Church- Vampire, Galactic Inc. President of Security
Countess, Tera Mikami- Ruler of New Dementia
Admiral, Regis F Hermitage- Former Director of the Zarethian Hand
Vice Admiral, Lucien Z. Rychart- Pirate Lord [Zealot]/Demented Prince
Antonio Stradivari, Demonic General of the Army of Hell
AMI, city of Sulvian's AI
Insana, The Embodiment of Insanity.

Col. Tarkov, Zarethian Systems Security Sr. Field Officer (Former HIRU Colonel)
High Seraphim, Grunder Tepper- General of the Armies of Heaven

My NPCs-

Iudex, Juris de Facta- The Embodiment of Order

Lady Justitia de Facta- The Embodiment of Justice
The Giant Golden Dildo on the Sex Planet aka the Embodiment of Sex (Spoof)

Iaz

Iaz

Chase's Gay Lover ♥

• Archive Access
  • 252 posts

Before the thought occurred to him to question the robed person, he was already far enough that a simple query would not reach him, and Faote hadn't really felt like raising his voice. Though, it was perhaps for the best: the armored woman seemed more of an authority figure that could possibly direct him on who to go to. Faote too found himself walking over, partially hoping he wasn't about to interrupt anything important.

"Excuse me. May I have a moment of your time?" He politely asked the blindfolded woman.

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 520 posts
  • LocationRVA

The 2 men in armor immediately stepped forward and drew their sword as Faote approached but were immediately lowered when the woman walked forward and placed her hand on both sword, lowering them a slow, smooth motion.

"Show some respect, this man is an Embodiment." she scolded the 2 sentries. "And what is your name?" she asked Faote.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director
Supr. Cmndr. Thel Valdamee- Supreme Commander of the Mechera Military/Interim INTERPOL Chairman

My NPCs-

Iaz

Iaz

Chase's Gay Lover ♥

• Archive Access
  • 252 posts

Faote felt for a moment that perhaps he bothered someone too important, what with the sudden hostility from the guards. Though his face did not betray it, for that instant, the sly thought of dying to someone's sword for asking a question intruded his mind.

You've been stabbed before, it didn't do anything. And it certainly won't do anything now. What even IS this place?

Another question to ask. Embodiment-hood has brought nothing but questions, and his father explained none of it. And wasting the time of a lady, especially one as apparently important enough to have guards with half of those hundreds of questions is rather unbecoming of him.

"Faote. I'm, uh, Heat. I recently became an Embodiment and I have a few questions." 

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 520 posts
  • LocationRVA

"I am Lady Justitia, daughter of Order, and the Embodiment of Justice." she introduced herself, and bowed slightly. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Faote. Though im not sure if i have ever met your predecessor." she added

The two sentries that were with her still stood on edge. It wasnt a common thing for people to just approach Lady Justice. Most knew of her stature. She found it charming however.

"You are dismissed." she ordered her party to leave which they quickly complied with. "Now about those questions. Walk with me?" she asked.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Iaz

Iaz

Chase's Gay Lover ♥

• Archive Access
  • 252 posts

Apparently Heat had inadvertently stumbled upon someone important. Or someone that sounded important, given how they greeted themselves. She was an embodiment though. Was he himself lacking in decorum? Perhaps he needed a couple of titles. Or maybe properly introduce himself as 'Embodiment of Heat' much like she did. It'd be rather stiff sounding to always introduce himself like that.

"Of course." Faote accepted, following her lead. "Though I'm afraid that makes two of us. The 'predecessor' so to speak gave the title to me at the last minute, with nary an explanation."

It was more than 'nary an explanation,' but how else are you to describe your father, whom you killed in blind rage, suddenly appears in your life as everything you've built comes crumbling down as a Negi almost takes you over and gives such a thing to you as a gift of familial love? It defies logic. Fantastical, even, like the product of a bad fiction. Yet it happened.

"--And, it's been eight years. I've met no other Embodiments as to ask. Something told me to come here, though I'm afraid I couldn't tell you who or what. My questions are many, but they ultimately amount to a need for guidance. What do I do? What am I supposed to do?"

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 520 posts
  • LocationRVA

Justitia listened intently as they strolled down the street together. He had brought up a good question though, in her opinion.

"That is quite a philosophical question you have asked." she said. "And one that i fear i may not be able to answer specifically for you. We as Embodiments come from a long linage stretching back before existence, at least as my father had told me. We are the protectors of all that exist. The keepers of the balance that ensures the constant progress of existence. Many Embodiments choose different means to this end, but there will always be a sense in you to try to maintain this balance in however a way you see fit." she explained.

She then materialized a book into one of her hands and held it up. "We follow a set of Ancient Rules that were set forth by the first among us to follow. Those who do not uphold these are swiftly dealt with and punished by the rest of the collective. It is the way we keep eachother in check. To keep one of us from attempting to usurp the natural order of things. It is the balance above all."

In a swift motion, the book disappeared once more. "What is it that you feel you should do?" she queried him.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Iaz

Iaz

Chase's Gay Lover ♥

• Archive Access
  • 252 posts

"To maintain a balance... I can perhaps see how maintaining a balance as Justice may be applicable, but I've been given more or less a multi-dimensional law of thermodynamics. It will continue to exist and function whether or not I interfere." Faote mused. "Though, when this title was imparted unto me, I was made aware that it was far more than just that. I'm not exactly sure what he meant by it either."

What exactly was it that he said?

Illuminate all those spirits who have lost the will to continue existing. Whatever that means.

Faote huffs an exasperated breath. "As for 'feeling,' I'm torn between two far extremes. When it comes to Life or the like, I can't decide whether I wish to impart a cruel mercy and end all of it before other Life will end it, or make it flourish so much so that it envelopes all of existence, until there is nothing but chaos. And, I'm afraid if I do nothing, they will ultimately destroy everything, removing any semblance of a chance that they would return. And, no matter how I think about, something tells me that this future is where it will eventually wind up at. It's not a knowing, or a feeling. It's came to me ever since I became an Embodiment, and I fear that in gaining this, I've become aware of an awful truth that was before now completely unknown."

A stilted, repressed chuckle escapes him. "Of course, I'm certain that anything of that nature is completely against the laid out rules."

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 520 posts
  • LocationRVA

"Well yes, attempting to end existence would be cause for concern as far as the Ancient Rules are concerned -- make no mistake as they are MY concern." she said. "Since the disappearance of my father, the Embodiment of Order, I have taken his mantle and administered the Courts of Justice to enforce the rules and to that end have sought to keep the balance until such a day that my father returned." she paused. "Or his successor is chosen should his fate be grimmer that I imagine."

They continued walking down the street until they came to a large plaza with numerous statues arranged in a circle looking to a larger one. Justice of course knew these men and women, but doubted Faote would.

"These were the first among us. The one's who survived the war and the cataclysm that followed. The drafters of the rules and the architects of all we know today as the Shattered Planes." she started pointing to various statues as they passed them.

"Time, Space, Creation, Destruction, Chaos, Order...." she looked longingly at the statue of Juris de Facta for a moment before moving on. "...Insanity, these are but a few of those who survived. Some have passed since then, but there are a few who walk among our ranks."

"They also were aware of this awful truth that you now know, and it is our and your burden to bear until such a time where you are no longer entrusted with such duties. Whether it be your death or abdication. I will not tell you what to do, I have no authority over your choices. We seek to please one master and that is existence itself. It is through us that its will is done. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. For every force there is the same." she explained.

"We cannot speculate the future of what will happen, we cannot make our decisions based on what we think will happen, but rather what we know we can control. We are all pieces of a whole and without one, the many will eventually fall. E pluribus unum." she stopped. "Out of many, one."

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Iaz

Iaz

Chase's Gay Lover ♥

• Archive Access
  • 252 posts

So this terrible knowing of an end to all was not just limited to Faote, as comforting or terrifying as that thought was. Though as Justitia put it, there are still things yet to be done and roles to fulfill despite it; each of these statues commemorating these Embodiments was proof enough of that.

He listened to her carefully.  It's a simple lesson, one that perhaps he's heard a long time ago, yet how it strange that now he falters in following it. How curious that for someone storied as he, now that embodimenthood is thrust upon him, he freezes in his own tracks. Was it the realization that there was far more at stake and the additional responsibility that entails? Did him inadvertently taking Existence itself as his master change him in some way?

Or perhaps it is nothing so grandiose. There simply isn't anything left for him to do. Everything he had set out to do, he had done. All of his goals were fulfilled or came crumbling down, and those that he loved were lost to him forever. There is nothing left for "Faote the human" to do. But it's not "Faote the Human" any longer. It's "Faote the Embodiment." Faote suppresses a self deprecating chuckle. He had been living like he should have died at False Heaven, or like the Negi had taken over, and in a very real sense, he did.

He stared at the statues for a moment after Justitia had finished speaking. To be what is effectively a servant of existence, that was what he was given. They served or perhaps are serving their roles even now, each in their own way.

"What did happen to Order? Is there a reason he disappeared?" Faote asked from pure curiosity. He hardly believed that an Embodiment disappearing such as what Justitia described could have happened purely without event or reason. Was that, too, a role he chose to fill?

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 520 posts
  • LocationRVA

"I do not know, to be perfectly honest." Justitia said. "A long time ago, so long i can barely remember, he told me he was looking into something important, but declined to disclose what it was. Not too long after that we up and disappeared, leaving the rest of us behind. People have long speculated what happened. Some say he entered a deep state of meditation, some say he left as a test for the rest of us. I cannot say what is truth from what is fiction, but I have made it my life's mission to find out one way or another." she explained with a hint of confident determination in her voice.

"Rest assured, Justice will be served to whoever is responsible." she added.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Iaz

Iaz

Chase's Gay Lover ♥

• Archive Access
  • 252 posts

"I see." Faote said simply. He wasn't sure what kind of answer he was expecting, but the one he got seemed to satisfy him somehow. Even if it ultimately didn't tell him anything. He stared at the statues for a moment longer.

"I can't say I am any closer to the answers I seek, but I feel you've at least provided a direction. Where that leads, I'm not entirely sure. As existence has set itself up, I can't particularly say that my intervention to ensure that Heat will continue to propagate itself is entirely necessary. So whatever it is I choose for myself, I'm afraid, lies in avenues yet unknown. Nevertheless,--" Faote thinks aloud, and turns his gaze back to Justitia. He bows, ever so slight, in show of respect. "--Thank you."

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 522 posts

A distance away in an alleyway of the city a whirlwind of silver sand and glitter picked up and in a cloud of silver dust a girl who looked no older than 12 appeared. She had long silver hair that reached to her ankles, and wore a short black dress with striped grey and white sleeves that matched her stockings, with a pair of ankle-high black boots. In her hand she carried her usual staff, which she gave a flick to that caused it to shrink to the size of a pen, which she then tucked behind her ear.

It was none-other than Asura the Embodiment of Time, just in the child-like form that she preferred to take when on outings. Usually for the reaction of mortals, but fellow Embodiments reactions were fine too.

Now to find Justice...

Asura held out her hand and a book appeared. She flipped a few pages, and then let it re-disappear. Well that was interesting... Asurua then disappeared and reappeared near the two, a cloud of silver sand fading away around her.

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 520 posts
  • LocationRVA

"Its no bother at all, really." Justitia responded. "I just wish...."

She was interrupted by the arrival of Asura. She had appeared before them, somewhat surprising Justitia.

"Well you're in for a treat, Heat." Justitia said upon recognizing Asura's unmistakable staff. "It seems Lady Time has arrived here, she doesnt come out too often you know?"

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Iaz

Iaz

Chase's Gay Lover ♥

• Archive Access
  • 252 posts

"Quite a day it must be for me to stumble upon both Justice and Time, in no less than within an hour of each other." Faote observed. "If I stay around long enough, I might see more Embodiments immortalized by statues."

Though, he couldn't help but wonder at Time's childlike appearance. Or more specifically, why. Then again, most Embodiments have their reasons for the things they do, and maybe this was just one of them. He tried to not let his wondering betray his face, but he could not help but raise an eyebrow.

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 522 posts

"I apologize for the intrusion.." Asura replied with a small bow of her head. "It is just that I  received this card, and the knowledge that you may have some information on an issue that I have been having for quite some time now..." Asura held up her hand and in it the card appeared. "I have my Templars looking for information as well."

Asura then turned to Faote. "You may call me Asura. As Time, I have had many last names throughout the years, Tempress, Temporas, Aeternalis... pick whichever you like. And you are?"

Iaz

Iaz

Chase's Gay Lover ♥

• Archive Access
  • 252 posts

Heat managed another of his slight bows in greeting.

"I am Faote, the Embodiment of Heat. I've only recently became an Embodiment." He responded. Perhaps he was lacking in decorum, judging from her last names and Justice's titles. "Can't say I recognize the card though. Apologies."

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 520 posts
  • LocationRVA

Justitia examined the card. It was definitely one of her's, or rather one of her agent's. She brought her left hand up to her chin as if in thought and then held up one finger.

"One moment..." she said and a book appeared in her hand. She opened it and started tracing her finger down the pages, turning every few seconds. "Long time no see by the way, Time." she said as she continued searching for something in the book.

"I take it things have been well with you?" she asked

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Members
  • 522 posts

Faote... Where had she heard that name? Had it been something recent? One of the larger dimensional events perhaps? Asura held out her hand in it and orange book simply appeared. She flipped through several pages skimming. A place called false heaven... peace event... negi attack.. summoning of an indescribable horror.. successorship... Ah right. That was it. She closed and tossed the book up as it disappeared.

"There have been many newer Embodiments to come about with the recent rise and fall of Plex, and an influx of successors receiving their titles." Asura finally said to Faote. "Why, even Destruction is naught but two lost children at the moment. However..." She smiled mysteriously. "If you are still looking for direction as I have read here. I bid you to seek out my Templar, Jay. He is currently traveling with someone who I think you may be very interested in meeting."

Asura then turned her attention to Justitia and answered, "Not well I am afraid to admit. With the previous seal, the attack by plex, and now the recent issue. Everyone seems to think they can just mess with time whenever they please. As such, though I do think I know you..." Asura shook her head. "I cannot say I remember you."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users