Welcome to Shattered RPG
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Filia Temporis

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Archive Access
  • 333 posts

"And out here we have many trees, a lake, a wide variety of grasses and sometimes if you are lucky, you may see an animal or two." Crea's voice could be heard saying by anyone near to them as she led a young girl around behind her. The girl had long black hair that dragged the floor behind her and wore a knee-length white dress with short sleeves. She had a curious look in her eyes, as she followed Crea and looked at what Crea pointed at.

"Really?" She asked, eyes wide.

"If you stay really quiet." Crea answered, leading the way as she continued. "Other creatures scare easily, and may not be so quick to trust. So you have to stay quiet."

"I wanna see, I wanna see!" The girl ran ahead a ways, looking around her as she went, leaving Crea to catch up. Crea merely laughed as she walked slowly, allowing the girl more freedom to run ahead and explore. This was their first outing outside after all. Ever since Crea had made her plan. Ever since she had created brought to life the girl that now ran ahead of her. The girl that was none-other than the Embodiment of Time... Crea now walked in deep thought, reflecting to that night....

----------------------------------

It had already been several weeks since Crea had last talked with the Embodiment of Order and yet the conversation had continued to weigh on her mind. Day and night, morning and afternoon, it was always there in her thoughts, never quite leaving her alone. So much had been discussed, and yet ... so very little. Only the edge of the line, and not everything that accompanied it. There was so much more to everything, and perhaps even more than that, things even she did not know. At least she suspected such...

If only Crea could do something about it. If only she could change it...  Maybe not even change it, but just to counteract it... To put for that one good act in a sea of countless bad ones..

Perhaps it was for that reason Crea now found herself pondering such a thing in the dead of night, walking the great halls once more, this time beneath the moonlit sky, wandering at such an hour that all others would surely be asleep. But alas, Crea could not sleep. Not tonight. Not when she finally had it, that idea that she had pondered for so many weeks. That one act of good that she could perform. That one act that could possibly open the door to many others... It just had to work.

Candle in hand, Crea soon approached a door after rounding a hallway. This door was smaller than the rest, the door to one of many study rooms that lie in the monastery. A place secluded that gave her the silence and isolation that she required. The perfectly place to avoid the others from knowing. Not that she had to hide any act of creation, necessarily. But Crea knew that the other Perfect would be against what she planned to do. For they had never dared.

Of all the Embodiments the Perfect had created... Of all the beings and lives they had ruled over. There was one that the other Perfect never dared to create. One force they had never dared to touch... For if they created that Embodiment, then they would have to acknowledge the existence of that force. Time. And in tandem, the things that time brought with it. Beginnings and Endings. If the Perfect created Time, they would have to face the reality that they had had a beginning and that they too would also have an end, as far as that may be.

This was a concept the Perfect had refused to acknowledge. A concept they ignored, and tried to laugh off as mere fiction. Just as they had the Arami Scrolls, and so many other artifacts of power or things that could bring on the fabled ending. That one true enemy... Death. Impossible for immortals. Or was it? Even the Perfect as 'perfect' as they claimed to be were not immune and deep down, they all knew this.

Creating Time would make it obvious. Creating time would reveal it to outsiders. Creating time would cause them to have to face their fears, and possibly knock the others off of their peruvial pedestal.

But Crea was different. Crea acknowledged that even they would eventually have an end. Accepted it.  Just as long she had the time to pass on the values that mattered to the next generation and had done all in her power to guide them in the ways of what was right. As long as she had made a difference...

Then all of it would have been worth it and Crea would have nothing to fear.

But such was a far off hope, a dream and a plan to obtain that dream. First lie the task at hand, the start of that dream.

Now in the study, Crea closed the door behind her and placed the candle she held on a nearby wooden table; its surface laden with books. Crea bent over to the stack of books and began to dig, carefully picking them up one by one and thumbing through the pages. When she finished skimming a book, she would place it in sorted stack upon the table, cleaning the books up as she went along.

As the stack grew higher and higher, Crea finally stopped at one particular book she held. Its pages were silver, and the binding white with edged gold trimming around the sides. Crea flipped through this book more slowly, walking the room as she read. She stopped at a small shelf to the right of the room, where she picked up a small wooden box that lie on a shelf near the top. She took this box to the table and set it down, procuring from its insides what looked like a gold pocket watch, a vial of water, another vial, this one empty, and a bag of dust.

Crea set these new objects onto the table, and then placed the book beside them, the page she had left it on showing several writings in a runic alphabet. Once confirming that she had everything, Crea finally sat down and picked up the vial of water and the bag of dust. She opened the bag and poured it within the water. She then picked up the empty vial and made the motion of pouring it also into the vial of water. She then capped the vial of water and set it upon the table.

Next, Crea picked up the pocket watch, and stared at it, allowing it to make one full cycle of rotation before she quickly held her hand above it just as it hit the numeral for twelve, her hand in a gesture of pulling something unseen. As she pulled her hand far from the watch the watch first glowed gold and then began to turn a faint silver. Crea continued to pull the silver glow further and further away from the watch until she had it over the vial. She used her other hand to carefully uncap the vial and pulled the glow into it, quickly recapping the vial as soon as the glow had been entrapped.

The vial itself now glowing a brilliant silver, Crea stood up and walked to the center of the room, placed the vial on the ground. She then did a rather peculiar thing and reached up to her own head and pulled out a single hair, rich pink in color. She dropped this upon the vial and then stepped back, her hands held out before her.

Crea now closed her eyes as she cleared her mind, focusing all thoughts on the creative energy of the life around her. The trees outside. The sky above. The hidden insects within the walls and floors, every sense of life, every signature of spirit. Crea focused on it all, feeling her own connection to existence as she did so. Her breathing slowed, and her eyes closed. Crea started to recite the words of the incantation that she had prepared for this very day. This would be a different incantation from the one for the other embodiments.

"Great forces of Existence, I call you here. From near to far, from far to near. I call upon the force of Time to offer you now this gift of mine. The chance at life and all it brings. The universe rife with all its things. Please join me now, as this journey spins to write your story as it begins"

A shattering of glass was heard, the vial breaking Crea, however continued to keep her eyes closed, still grounding herself to the forces of life around her. It wasn't until all sound and light from the spell had ceased and Crea was met with an overwhelming signature of power that Crea finally opened her eyes. Before her, looking up at her stood a young girl who looked no older than 7. She had long black hair that dragged the floor and covered her face partially. Her eyes were black as well, however they were more of an onyx black, sparkling in the candlelight. She was nude, but thankfully her hair covered most of anything that would have shown.

With a warm smile, Crea leaned over, offering her hand to the child who just looked at it. "Welcome to life, Asherah." She gave a slight laugh before adding, "Let's get you something to wear, shall we? We have much to go over."

----------------------------------

"LOOK WHAT I FOUND!" Crea was quickly broken from her thoughts and brought back to present as the girl, Asherah, now stood before her holding up a struggling lizard-like creature, its tail flicking rapidly as it tried to escape the child's hands.

"Very good." Crea smiled back at the child. "But for now, we need to let him go."

"But why?!"

"He's scared, see his tail flicking? That means he wants to get down."

"Why's he scared?"

"Because you're big, and scary." Crea laughed. "And he's small, and fearful."

"But I'm not scary..."

"To the lizard you are. But don't worry." Crea held gently took the lizard from the girls hand and placed it on the ground. "You will soon meet others that won't scare as easy as the lizard. People like you."

The girl, Asherah immediately looked surprised. "When? When?"

"In fact, we are on our way now. I have a friend for you to meet." Crea held her hand out for Asherah to take it. When she did, Crea led her on. 'Out of anybody, I trust him the most for you to meet first. At least for now...' She thought to herself.

Posted Image

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRVA

A sudden gust of wind shook the trees and rustled the leaves. The lizard creature ran back down the trail but stopped suddenly at the feet of an approaching man. It stood up on its hind legs and looked up at the tall being and cocked it head to the side. The man looked down at it and nodded at the animal and it scurried off.

"Lifeshaper." the man called out and walked towards the 2. His pale skin and jet black hair contrasted with each other and his robes flowed in the wind. His hands were neatly tucked behind his back holding a set of scales. Most striking about his appearance, and likely eerie to the child was the blindfold he donned. This was Juris de Facta, the Embodiment of Order.

"A very interesting place for us to meet." he continued.

My Characters:
Lt. Cmndr. Mark Tepper- Former CEO of Grunder Ind.
AI Delta- DAIS Director
Supr. Cmndr. Thel Valdamee- Supreme Commander of the Mechera Military/Interim INTERPOL Chairman
Fleet Adm. Aki Sora- Commander of the 3rd Zarethian Fleet
Mark Halsey/Tepper II- High Librarian for the Great Records of Time
Lord Nathan Church- Vampire, Galactic Inc. President of Security
Countess, Tera Mikami- Ruler of New Dementia
Admiral, Regis F Hermitage- Former Director of the Zarethian Hand
Vice Admiral, Lucien Z. Rychart- Pirate Lord [Zealot]/Demented Prince
Antonio Stradivari, Demonic General of the Army of Hell
AMI, city of Sulvian's AI
Insana, The Embodiment of Insanity.

Col. Tarkov, Zarethian Systems Security Sr. Field Officer (Former HIRU Colonel)
High Seraphim, Grunder Tepper- General of the Armies of Heaven

My NPCs-
Father Resulka- Demented Priest
Mother Kilauea Pele- Manic Priestess
Regent, Octavius- Regent of the City of Insania

Iudex, Juris de Facta- The Embodiment of Order
The Giant Golden Dildo on the Sex Planet aka the Embodiment of Sex (Spoof)

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Archive Access
  • 333 posts

In response Crea frowned slightly a light sigh escaping her. "You do not have to call me that, Juris. Especially when we are not around the others. Just Crea is fine." She then placed her hand upon the shoulder of the young girl beside her, the girl herself now silent and expressionless as she looked up to awe and a bit of fear of the new being before them.

"Anyway, I thought it best to choose a location with less chance of running into others. At least for now." Crea now presented the child beside her. "This is Asherah."

"Asura." The girl was quick to 'correct' as she repeated.

"Or Asura... as she has not quite learned to pronounce it right." Crea gave a gentle laugh before looking to Juris. "She the answer to our discussion from weeks ago... Or at least... Part of it." Crea corrected herself. "She is also an embodiment."

Posted Image

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRVA

Juris looked to the child and back to Crea. It was odd that she wanted to introduce him to another embodiment. It wasnt unusual for new ones to be born as the Perfect were honing their craft. Unless.... This was something that Crea did not want the Prefect Consuls to know about. Something outside of their oversight. He knew Crea was given a great amount of leeway in her duties, but even that must have its limits, he thought to himself.

He kneeled down to get to eye level with the child.

"Hello, Asherah.  I am Juris, the second amongst us." he gave a warm smile to try to comfort the obviously uneasy child. He outstretched his left hand and in a flash of light he formed a small, silver, sweet, candy. "What force do you control, young one?"

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director
Supr. Cmndr. Thel Valdamee- Supreme Commander of the Mechera Military/Interim INTERPOL Chairman

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Archive Access
  • 333 posts

Crea smiled a mysterious smile as Asherah blankly asked. "Force? What do you mean?"

Posted Image

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRVA

Juris looked up to Crea who was smiling back. An embodiment who didnt know what they embodied? Curious... He looked back to Asura.

"Well you see, I am the Embodiment of Order. The force of all that is right, organized, efficient, and just. All packaged together and given shape, breath, and life." he explained. He brought his right hand from around and revealed the Scales of Truth he carried with him. "Then our life force is taken and imbued into something like this." he held up the scales for her.

"A totem. An object of great significance to you that you must protect with your life. This is mine, a set of balanced scales that can tell me truth from deceit." he set them down on the ground.

"I am sure Crea will show you yours when you are ready though. For now, learn and listen." he smiled at her once more.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Archive Access
  • 333 posts
"Asherah has no totem," Crea stated softly before Asura could reply. Though the child looked confused on most of what was said. And given that she had only been made only a few days before current, she would be. Therefore Asura did as Juris suggested and just stayed quiet, listening to learn.

"She, and the others after her I hope, are my answer to your worry from before." Crea continued. "A dormant embodiment. An embodiment who is created equal to other races without a control mechanism in place. An embodiment who can grow up, learn, and discover who they are to be until a time in which they choose to govern their force. And when they do, the freedom to do it as they wish." Crea looked straight at where his eyes should be, "Embodiments who will not be under our rule, but our equals.... This is the best I can do.

She paused, going silent for a moment before adding. "I am sorry... that I can do nothing for you or the others thus far, I cannot change the past. However, if this works and all goes well. Perhaps the next generation will not have to go through the same... "
Posted Image

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRVA

Juris placed the silver treat on the scales and stood back up, now looking at Crea. From what of his face she could see, it was a look of concern.

"I pray Constantine does not know of this, for consequences would be dire for you and the young one." he said.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Archive Access
  • 333 posts

For once in the entire conversation, Crea broke character as a flash of irritation crossed her face and her hand that was upon Asura's shoulder tightened so much that it caused Asura to jump and look up at her as she stated. "Yes..., well.., he has done a many a thing that I do not condone, as well." Crea said before shaking her head and regaining her smile once more, her grip now relaxed. She then sighed. "For the very reason you state, I have chosen a force that he and the others will not catch onto so quick. A force they never intended to bring to life themselves and thus would would never expect... At least...,  not until it is time--"

As Crea spoke her last statement, Asura stirred beside her, a feeling of warmth coming upon the child as she listened, her eyes widening a bit in confusion at the feeling. AT the moment she was too young to really recognize the feeling of familiarity she had to the word 'time' but knew she felt something to something Crea had said. She just didn't know what it was or why.

"--for them to know." Crea continued on. "Which brings us to one of the reasons I have called you here..." Crea held up her right hand to her side, as in it materialized a gold pointed pendulum upon a chain . "I will be faking Asherah's force to the others...Yes... I will be lying... " Crea paused, her eyes now shifting to a downward gaze. "I know that what I ask of you will be against you... Especially with the last secret that I have asked you to keep. But for this to work... I ask that you please play along if inquired..." Crea looked back to him. "I ask this as friend, not ruler... "

Posted Image

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRVA

Juris took notice of Asura's reaction when the word 'Time' was mentioned. It was odd, he thought. Though it would make sense that IF she were the Embodiment of Time, that came with some ugly truths for the ruling class of Perfect. It would mean that there was something more powerful than them, something they had little control over, something that even signaled that they too may have an end to them. Time...

"I see." Juris nodded in understanding. "Other than play along, what else do you require of me?" he asked.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Archive Access
  • 333 posts

"Just one more thing..." Crea's smile once more had that mysterious look to it. "Teach her please. Allow her to shadow you for a while, and get to know the other Embodiments before she has to meet the other Perfect. Teach her how to play along...  I have to take care of the other newer Embodiments that they have created, but at the same time, I want to keep her away from the other Perfect for as long as needed."

Posted Image

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRVA

Juris nodded. He looked to his new charge and it filled him with a sense of duty to protect her. He knew not what the plans were for her, but he was resolute in his decision to show her the way.

"There were stories of an era long passed, where creatures older than even the Perfect roamed the fringes of existence. It was said that they had no beginning and thought themselves to have no end." he said to Crea. "But look at us now, we are here and they are not. Could it be that the child is Time? I could not think of anything else that would put worry into the Prefect Consuls." he queried her. He had to make sure he knew what he was dealing with. What he was charged to protect.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Archive Access
  • 333 posts

At the mention of the word 'time' again, Asura stirred once more. This time the word resonated even more with her as she took notice of the feeling she felt when it was said.

At the same time, Crea closed her eyes and smiled, before opening them again. "You are correct..." She replied. "Asherah is Time lain dormant.

Throughout most of the back and forth words exchanged, Asura had for the most part tried to keep up but remained confused for much of it. Now though, as the word time kept being mentioned, she knew one thing for sure. It was that word which gave her the strange feeling like she should know more but didn't. Finally she spoke up, just deciding to ask. "What is time?"

Posted Image

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRVA

Juris was caught off guard by her speaking. He hadnt said or done much since he'd arrived, but it was obvious she was confused by the back and forth between he and Crea. It must have been fairly rude he supposed. Talking about her without much acknowledgement. These things happened to children all the time, but Asura was no mere child though.

Time is..." he stopped. What really was time? It wasnt a question he'd really pondered himself too much.

"Time is the continued progress of existence and events. It is a quantitative measurement of this progress and its advancement that keeps thing in Order." he concluded. Though he felt his interpretation may be lost on the small child.

"Here." he outstretched his hand and formed a small silver pocket watch with gold intricate inlays. It made a subtle ticking sound, orderly and precise. "This may be able to explain ti better. This is a tool I call a Tempus. It helps me keep track of intervals which i record in the amount of ticks, each interval being a precise and Orderly number of them. I suppose you could also translate this to Time. It is an orderly flow from one state of existence to a future state of it, advancing unimpeded and never ending."

He kneeled down once more and offered Asura the watch, hanging from a small chain.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Archive Access
  • 333 posts

As Asura took the pocket watch from him and held it up to look at, Crea watched for a good few minutes for as long a she could. Finally, she spoke up. "I apologize, but I need to check on the other young Embodiments," she stated, "though I will try to be back as soon as possible." She looked to Asura then, as Asura continued to stare at the pocket watch. "Asherah, make sure to listen to everything that Juris says, okay?" She smiled as Asura nodded, her attention still divided.

Crea then looked back to Juris and gave a slight ow of her head. "I thank you for this." She said before adding, "though if you do have the misfortune of running to anyone. Asherah is gravity, as it is the best one I can fake if she is asked to show powers." Crea then waved. "Thanks again," before disappearing back to the other kids.

Asura barely stirred though as she focused on the ticking of the watch. She hadn't really understood the explanation for time given, as it had many words that she had never heard as of yet  But the watch itself seemed to call to her, as she felt the same feeling she had when the word 'time' was mentioned. Finally, Asura tore her eyes away from it and looked up at him, somewhat confused. "But I thought you said you were Order?" She started to ask, drawing upon the only words she had understood in the whole explanation. "How can Time be order too?"

Posted Image

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRVA

Juris simply nodded to Crea as she took her leave and forcused his attention back to Asura. Upon her question being asked, Juris chuckled.

"It is confusing, young one. Time can be orderly, and Order can be timely." he explained. "The flow of time is an orderly one, and Order is one based on rules, reliability, and consistency. We are like.... brother and sister, you and I. We work together to keep the balance."

He sat down in front of her and looked to the sky.

"And the balance keeps things in Order." he said

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Archive Access
  • 333 posts

"What is balance?" Asura immediately asked in an attempt to understand all the terms being tossed at her. She held up the watch to eye-level as her ears caught the sound of every tick that struck. Unnoticeable at first, the ticks started to get slower, and slower, the longer Asura stared at it. Then all of a sudden, the sounds of the birds in a nearby tree slowed as well, the water of the lake started to still, and the light breezes began to letup. The force of time reacting.

Crea may have created Asura to be dormant, and not gain control or full knowledge of her force until ready. But that didn't mean the spell was fool proof. A force of existence was already something of great power and like trying to shove an ocean into a glass. Time? It was the equivalent of trying to shove all the water within existence into a glass and then capping it. There was going to be spillage, and with an item having to do with that force in the slightest acting as an accidental focal object, the power of Time was definitely being channeled.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users