Welcome to Shattered RPG
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

The Realities of Running an Empire

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Community Administrator
  • 260 posts

It had only been a few hours that Rev and Gen had left the City of Lus, yet to them they had been gone days, maybe even a couple of months. That was the thing with time between dimensions, certain ones went by faster than others. Now of course, the kids were back. They had returned without Relle as she had wanted to further explore the Sage Dimension, this of course left them with no one to learn from and basically bored. And what did Rev and Gen usually do when they were bored?

...Well that depended if they had ideas or not. This particular day, they had too many. What with their venture to the Sage Dimension on vacation and all. The problem was, with so many ideas, what should come first? Both kids pondered this question as they sat in chairs around a large table of various ARI and AI, Cheshire beside them.

"We made friends-- I mean allies." Rev started to say, "We have other friends that live here too. What's next?!"

"Well..." Gen looked up from what she was reading,  a small piece of thin metal in her hand that seemed to project a hologram with words on it. "From what we found out in the other Dimension where Relle took us, most Empires have lots and lots of land. Maybe we need more land?"

"But isn't Lus enough? It's a whole planet of land!"

Gen simply tilted her head to the side as she skimmed the holo-book. "Yeah but that place was an entire Dimension! And our friends Empires had more than one planet that they went to, remember?"

"OH YEAH!" Rev exclaimed. "But where do we get more planets? Do we make them?"

"CHESHIRE KNOW!" The Battle ARI who had seemingly been quiet up to this point now chimed in. "CHESHIRE HAS WATCHED AND SEEN WHAT THE OTHERS DO. Cheshire watches the recordings that we got from The Archive and Aralangs. Cheshire has seen their ways,  the ways of the other Empires. Yes, Cheshire has seen their vile secrets"

"Uhh Cheshire..?" Rev looked confused as did Gen, the both of them looking at the ARI puzzled.

"THEY STEALS IT! The other Empires fight and destroy and steal land from each other, back and forth, back and forth, until no land left and most people dead! DEAD DEAD DEAD!"

Both children went silent as they looked at each other. That couldn't be right. Could it?

"DEAD!" Cheshire shouted once more, her eyes turning red for a few seconds and then settling back to blue. "Shall Cheshire research plans?"

"Uhhh..." Rev looked at Gen.

"Maybe we should find something else to do next, and leave land to last?"

"WORKS FOR ME!" Rev concluded. "But what..."

Both kids sighed.

1RQis4z.png

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 341 posts
  • LocationRVA

"Cheshire!" a female voice yelled out from behind them. "Do not fill their head with such nonsense!" the voice scolded the ARI.

Behind them materialized the avatar of a woman, dressed as a maid. She had blue hair and had her hands on her hips. In her right hand, she held a duster. This was 
AMI, Lus' caretaker. "The only reason these empires need so much land is because of the squalor and sprawl caused by a growing population and then the subsequent lack of resources due to mismanagement or simply a deficit." AMI explained. "Often times, in an effort to keep their populus happy, they will justify reasons for annexation of other resource rich territory, usually using nationalist or religious justifications to rally the population into support."

AMI rattled off the information and then stopped herself when she looked at the perplexed and confused children. This went right over their heads. "Ahem..." she tried to correct her course. "Basically, too many people and not enough stuff to go around leads to this give and take and cycle of war, death, and destruction. Alot of people in charge of these places benefit from these situations and are more than happy to facilitate, i mean let them happen in the way they do."

"My point is that we dont need to be like them. Even the DAIS, as malevolent as he might seem, doesn't partake in this mortal squabble as they are digital beings like myself. Land holds little value. If they can rise above the temptation of perpetual war, why cant we?" she asked the children. "Ultimately its up to you two, of course."

My Characters:
Lt. Cmndr. Mark Tepper- Former CEO of Grunder Ind.
AI Delta- DAIS Director
Supr. Cmndr. Thel Valdamee- Supreme Commander of the Mechera Military/Interim INTERPOL Chairman
Fleet Adm. Aki Sora- Commander of the 3rd Zarethian Fleet
Mark Halsey/Tepper II- High Librarian for the Great Records of Time
Lord Nathan Church- Vampire, Galactic Inc. President of Security
Countess, Tera Mikami- Ruler of New Dementia
Admiral, Regis F Hermitage- Former Director of the Zarethian Hand
Vice Admiral, Lucien Z. Rychart- Pirate Lord [Zealot]/Demented Prince
Antonio Stradivari, Demonic General of the Army of Hell
AMI, city of Sulvian's AI
Insana, The Embodiment of Insanity.

Col. Tarkov, Zarethian Systems Security Sr. Field Officer (Former HIRU Colonel)
High Seraphim, Grunder Tepper- General of the Armies of Heaven

My NPCs-
Father Resulka- Demented Priest
Mother Kilauea Pele- Manic Priestess
Regent, Octavius- Regent of the City of Insania
The Giant Golden Dildo on the Sex Planet aka the Embodiment of Sex (Spoof)

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• 260 posts

"Ohhhh! That makes waaaay more sense!" Gen exclaimed.

"Yeah," agreed Rev. "Way more sense! But if we don't need land, then what other things are next? What do Empires do?"

"It can't just be sitting around," Gen chimed. "That just seems... Boring!"

"They fights!" Cheshire suddenly spoke up, with a quick glance at AMI. "Great battles to outdo each others! Cheshire see it in the information. Cheshire also sees it in the stories and games we borrowed. Games hold LOTS of examples. AMI don't know. AMI no play enough games or read stories."

Both the children looked from AMI to Cheshire, back to AMI, and then to Cheshire again. Both seemed to have a point, both were more knowledgeable from several different sources. But who was right? Maybe both.

"I KNOW I KNOW!" Rev suddenly raised his hand. "WE PLAY A FIGHT" This just made Gen look at him.

"But why?"

"If Empires need fights, but we don't need land. Then we can just play a fight! It'll be great!"

"I... I think they call that a competition," Gen was looking on the holo-book now, using her finger to navigate different pages. "A Tournament, match, challenge,  game, contest, event where people compete." Gen read off the many definitions. "Compete meaning to ... " She flipped another page, "Strive to gain or win against the other person. So a fight, yes?"

Cheshire tilted her head. "Cheshire don't think that's the same...."

1RQis4z.png

Chase

Chase

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 341 posts
  • LocationRVA

"Cheshire!" AMI exclaimed once more and shot a death stare towards the cat. "Fighting is usually a method of last resort for empires when all other routes of been exhausted, including diplomatic. Fighting or war will occur when; 2 or more factions differ in very fundamental ways and ideals, they are competing for resources natural or otherwise, or as mentioned before to distract a population." she explained.

"We have no reason to wage war with others when we can make friends!" she smiled and held her arms out. "And I think it would be a great idea to have a friendly competition of sorts with our new founds friends. The Zarethians especially are having a really hard time after that awful conflict they had with the Revenge cult and all."

My Characters:
Lt. Cmndr. Mark Tepper- Former CEO of Grunder Ind.
AI Delta- DAIS Director
Supr. Cmndr. Thel Valdamee- Supreme Commander of the Mechera Military/Interim INTERPOL Chairman
Fleet Adm. Aki Sora- Commander of the 3rd Zarethian Fleet
Mark Halsey/Tepper II- High Librarian for the Great Records of Time
Lord Nathan Church- Vampire, Galactic Inc. President of Security
Countess, Tera Mikami- Ruler of New Dementia
Admiral, Regis F Hermitage- Former Director of the Zarethian Hand
Vice Admiral, Lucien Z. Rychart- Pirate Lord [Zealot]/Demented Prince
Antonio Stradivari, Demonic General of the Army of Hell
AMI, city of Sulvian's AI
Insana, The Embodiment of Insanity.

Col. Tarkov, Zarethian Systems Security Sr. Field Officer (Former HIRU Colonel)
High Seraphim, Grunder Tepper- General of the Armies of Heaven

My NPCs-
Father Resulka- Demented Priest
Mother Kilauea Pele- Manic Priestess
Regent, Octavius- Regent of the City of Insania
The Giant Golden Dildo on the Sex Planet aka the Embodiment of Sex (Spoof)

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• 260 posts

"Friends, shmends." Cheshire crossed her arms, her head cocked at an angle as she stared at the kids and AMI. Her ears were down in a very 'mad-cat' way.  "We may not wants fights. But other Empires will wants fights with us!" She put out her hands to the side, claws out. "Once they meet us, they will wants our stuffs and come fights with us! Cheshire show you!" Cheshire then touched the air with one of her fingers and holographic images appeared depicting various fairy-tales and mythologies. Some about a giant wooden horse with people inside, others about a cat and a mouse, a boar and two brother princes, a spiritual king and a man who sold him for money, and many other various stories and tales of betrayal, desire, and greed.

"Friends now. Fights later!" Cheshire reaffirmed herself. "SEE!"

Throughout the hologram depictions of the various things in the multiverse, especially the more fictitious ones, both Rev and Gen stood there wide-eyed their mouths agape. When the images were done and Cheshire had spoken up, the kids both looked at one another and then back to Cheshire and AMI.

1RQis4z.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users