Welcome to Shattered RPG
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

[Approved] Technology Request: Dyson Sphere by member Gaserlake!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Gaserlake

Gaserlake

Staff

• Members
  • 166 posts

Name: Dyson Sphere
Description:

This is a huge structure that encompasses a star. The Aralangs are able to mass-produce these megalithic solar panels that blot out all of the light of the star to acheive maximum efficiency. The energy output from this is astronomical. Erm... Yeah. I think that's it, lol. I mean, it's already a realistic thing IRL. That's what the humans IRL would do if we were able to easily go into space.

Limits: It deserves no limits, because realistically, it would be one of the first major things a space race would do.
Time Until Development: A week OOC.
Time Until Use: Immediately after development.
Time Until Mass-Production (Optional): A week after development.
Owners: Aralangs
History (Optional): --

This request has been approved

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Community Administrator
  • 260 posts

Approved.

1RQis4z.png

Journeyman

• DevOps
  • 87 posts

Personally I don't feel like this actually needs a tech request, although given the nature of these I feel it would require either a Territory Request for each individual one or a conquered star to convert(IE, have a territory ready for a Sphere to be produced).

Kota

Kota

Staff

• Members
  • 7 posts

Approved, but I'd have to give it a limit of one per empire; these things are practically a hollow megalith sized space station.

Kaleb

Kaleb

Chief Technology Officer

• Community Administrator
  • 673 posts

Approved given Kota's condition.

EVg3qW9.gif

anime-fan_userbar.png

Naruto-fan_6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users