Welcome to Shattered RPG
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

[DENIED] Weaponized Shields by member Gaserlake!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Gaserlake

Gaserlake

Staff

• Members
  • 166 posts

Title: Weaponized Shields
Technology:

Name: Shield Analyzer
Description: This scanner analyzes shields and their composition.
Limits: It takes 2 posts to completely analyze.
Time Until Development: Instant
Time Until Use: Instant
Time Until Mass Production: Instant
Owners: Aralangs
History:

Name: Saraton Cannon: Shield Analyzer Fitting
Description: Every Saraton Cannon has been fitted with a Shield Analyzer. It does more than simply analyze shields at this point. It also creates the same energy and composition as the scanned shield. This means that the shields are weaponized. If it shoots at a ship's shields, it would go through the shields. It actually becomes a part of the shield, but due to energy sent into and through the shields, it doesn't add to the shields. Instead, it goes past the shield and hits the ship. So imagine a round bubble, and a cylindrical-shaped bubble merging with the round bubble, and continues towards the center. What the shield would do to the ship would be the same the shield would do to anything else that it comes into contact with.
Limits: It would take 2 posts for analyzing to be complete, and another 2 posts for the Saraton Cannons to create the weaponized shields. From that point on, the Saraton Cannons would charge up as much as necessary, so a minimum of 5 posts are needed to shoot the weaponized shields.
Time Until Development: Instant
Time Until Use: Instant
Time Until Mass Production: Instant
Owners: Aralangs
History:

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• Community Administrator
  • 253 posts
What if the scanned shield requires something they don't have ? Can they still replicate it?

1RQis4z.png

Gaserlake

Gaserlake

Staff

• Members
  • 166 posts

The Aralangs can turn a desk into components needed to make any shield variation. They can convert paper into titanium, too. So I don't see how they would be unable to create it if they have analyzed the shield and know what they need to produce it.

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• 253 posts
Is it overtime though or in the midst of battle? Like if your battling k2 and scan his shields can you recreate them right there or is it later?

1RQis4z.png

Gaserlake

Gaserlake

Staff

• Members
  • 166 posts

The Aralangs can recreate them in the middle of the battle.

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• 253 posts
So I'm saying what if they don't have what's needed right then and there?

1RQis4z.png

Gaserlake

Gaserlake

Staff

• Members
  • 166 posts

Like I said, they can convert desks, paper, water, air, pretty much anything into anything else they need in the middle of the battle. These ships are huge, so they have more than enough room to accomodate things that convert one thing to another.

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• 253 posts
But what about if it's an energy you can't get? Like say they had something equivalent to your Saraton energy that was secret and it required something you can't get to recreate it?

1RQis4z.png

Gaserlake

Gaserlake

Staff

• Members
  • 166 posts

If that somehow happens, then.... I can't do it. If I can't do it, then... I can't do it. I don't really see how that would be an argument against my tech. That argument goes for all tech, and even magic, too.

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• 253 posts

I just need that edited in so when people look at the tech they don't get confused or think you can recreate their secret stuff.

1RQis4z.png

Gaserlake

Gaserlake

Staff

• Members
  • 166 posts

If their secret stuff is as blatant as shields, there would have be a very, VERY good reason why it can't be scanned and analyzed.

Rassera

Rassera

Approval Machine

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in our vast cosmos.

I got nuttin' on this.

Approved

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• 253 posts

In my opinion it needs to take time between the analyzing and recreating. In the heat of a battle, you should not be able to recreate something if you're busy battling. The analysis part, yes. But not the other part. In peace time, to scan something and go home to recreate it is fine. But for battling there should be a limit. After talking to Hiro, he suggested the limit of time be that whatever you recreate should be requested to be used. I favor that, or some other time of timing limit.

1RQis4z.png

Gaserlake

Gaserlake

Staff

• Members
  • 166 posts

I want to bring Chase into this. I see no reason why I can't recreate things just because there's a battle. Sure, ships are getting shot at, but it doesn't mean I'm incapable of recreating things mid-battle.

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• 253 posts

That's like trying to build a sub-titan during battle. If you're in a battle, and you need a new large ship, usually there needs to be time after your request is approved for you to bring it in play, not the battle you're in unless it spans a lot of freakin' days. Even then, they have to plan the ship, get the materials, build the ship, and then get it to the battlefield.

Just how long of a battle are we talking? You analyze the shield or whatever, that data goes to whoever, they have to go through the analysis, figure out the structure, recreate that structure, learn how to use it, then send it back to you. That's not an instant thing.

1RQis4z.png

Gaserlake

Gaserlake

Staff

• Members
  • 166 posts

It's not like that. It's more like treating a wounded soldier in the middle of a battle. You can do it during peacetime or during the middle of the battle. If I can analyze, shoot, treat soldiers, escape, etc., why can't I recreate? The reason why I can't build a sub-titan in the middle of the battle is because it clearly takes too long to do it in the middle of the battle. Recreating doesn't take nearly as long.

Again, I'm asking Chase to give his opinion on the matter.

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• 253 posts

It does take too long depending on what you're recreating. Let's take for example K2 has shields made of some energy from the Sage dimension mixed with magic. You analyze that. You're going to tell me you can recreate that energy that ONLY comes from the Sage Dimension immediately? You would need to take time to obtain the necessary components to recreate said energy.

Reverse-engineering things should not be an instantaneous thing.

Denied for now.

If Chase wants to overrule me, fine.

1RQis4z.png

Gaserlake

Gaserlake

Staff

• Members
  • 166 posts

That would be an exception to the rule. If the Aralangs aren't able to make it, then yes, it would take more than the battlefield, but if it's just technology, then they would be able to do it in the middle of the battle. There should be justification for removing a mechanic from the game, if you are doing it for the sake of balancing. You would have to justify how it would unbalance the game mechanics. It isn't fair to ban reverse-engineering during the middle of the battle without saying why, especially since this is just one out of many ways to reverse-engineer something.

Hikaru

Hikaru

Subgrounded

• 253 posts

Even with technology, different empires have different ways of creating shields. Not all of them can be reverse-engineered so easily, if at all. Like Lus has real-data, shields that are created from computer code in a physical hologram form. You're going to tell me you can analyze and recreate that without further research and obtaining it? You're going to have more cases of not being able to or taking much longer, than being able to recreate them without effort.

It needs to be limited in the time taken for things like that. If you put instantaneous, anyone reading your tech will think it's godmodding. So it needs that type of limit and it needs it in the request.

1RQis4z.png

Gaserlake

Gaserlake

Staff

• Members
  • 166 posts

Like I said, if the Aralangs could recreate it, they'll be able to recreate it in mid-battle. If not, then it would take longer than just the battle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users