Welcome to Shattered RPG
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

The Reaper Wants To Eat You

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Kaleb

Kaleb

Chief Technology Officer

• Community Administrator
  • 786 posts

"Ah, do forgive me, kohen gadol," the angel replied to Verrtsi, bowing slightly, "It has been longer than you are aware. By the mortal time standards your people are accustomed to, eight years have passed since the defeat of Plex. Of course, time flows much differently in this dimension, and in North. We have met once before, kohen gadol. I am Obarin, the Guardian Angel of Plex. Until such a time comes that I am relieved of my duty, I must not allow you to harm the beast. I can tell you that he is imprisoned and not well, but his life still serves some purpose."

Obarin turned to the reaper now, and began to trip over his words. "That... t-that..."

"That can not be allowed to happen," a different voice spoke now, walking down the steps. An angel with immaculately long, blue hair had appeared, wearing a white gown similar to Obarin's, with a golden sash. In his left hand, he held a flaming torch, to light the darkness. His right hand was clenched tightly. His wings were fully outstretched, beautiful and terrifying all at the same time.

"M-master Ibiki!" Obarin greeted the newcomer by dropping to his knees and bowing with great respect.

"Obarin," the new arrival greeted his liege, "You have done well here. I shall take these newcomers down to see the beast. They must see it for themselves."

And then, the surroundings of the group began to shift and change.

EVg3qW9.gif

Nisorin

Nisorin

Novice

• Members
  • 43 posts
Verrtsi gives Obarin a friendly smile, but it disappears as he looks to the newcomer. His wings flex a bit, just as long as the angel's. He studies him a moment, noting the robe and sash. "I assume you're of a higher rank than Obarin, then?" He asks, turning fully to face Ibiki as the scenery begins to shift. "Why is it you keep it caged, instead of preserving the natural state of the Core?" He asks, a slight edge of accusation to his voice.

Adept

• Archive Access
  • 100 posts

"It will, inevitably. Whether now, when lives may yet be saved, or another day in the future, after your efforts to keep it contained fail. I am uninterested in a repetition of past catastrophes, and in the interest of keeping the balance, I will do what I must, Virtue. No...Dominion, perhaps? Regardless...I am sure a loyal servant as yourself understands such a notion." She says, giving the higher Angel a mostly level stare, only giving a quizzical expression as she presumed his station. In spite of her stated intentions, she did not assume any form of combative posture but stood her ground even in the majesty of a high Angel, holding her double-scythe steady.

Kaleb

Kaleb

Chief Technology Officer

• 786 posts

"Glory to the Creator," was all that Ibiki muttered in response to both the priest and the reaper, as the dark throne room of Plex revealed itself.

This place was sinister, a storm of dark energies, long ago constructed by some malefactor who had sought to kill the embodiments. Who could have created such darkness? Who could have been so powerful that he avoided recognition and punishment on the part of the embodiments in response for his heinous crime? And why was Creation keeping Plex's remnants alive, locked up in this cage?

This room was dark but somewhat natural, its walls made up of a shadowy soil, its floors made up of some sort of black sand. It was a fairly small throne room, but it had been large enough to fit an entire army once upon a time, during the Battle of Plex. Now, it seemingly held only a few. The new arrivals, as well as... it.

On a throne that now seemed to be made entirely of thorns -- it had been made of flesh before -- sat the Broken Prince, a discontented scowl on his face. Whereas once, looking at him would have been as if staring into the face of despair, as if he were a black hole sucking away all happiness in the world, now those who looked upon him would see Defeat, and a look of anger and fear upon the face of the prince.

He wore a dark suit, and his long hair was clumpy and overgrown, much of it in his face. Upon the arrival of the newcomers, he attempted to lunge at them, a scowl growing upon his face, but he was pulled back into the thorn throne by black chains which surrounded his entire body. He let out a scream full of anger and pain, directed at Ibiki.

"Have you come to taunt me, angel!?" he asked, his voice that of a normal male, but bitter and laden with sarcasm and anger.

"I have come here to feed it," the angel revealed, "And to show these concerned newcomers the truth."

From elsewhere in the throne room, the sound of desperate cries could be heard. The angel turned and started to walk towards a dark corridor in the corner of the room. The prince merely studied the reaper and the priest, with a dark and sinister look upon his face, as if he was imagining how he might one day take revenge upon them for daring to stare at him in his defeated form.

EVg3qW9.gif

Nisorin

Nisorin

Novice

• Members
  • 43 posts
The priest gives Ibiki a look, but turns to look to the Prince. "...the indignities they've placed upon you are as grave as sins..." he muses, completely ignoring Ibiki now as he steps closer. "I wonder if you recognize me. It has been a long while since we met in the skies above Aerai." He says, looking upon the Prince not with pity or contempt, but the respect due a formidable opponent.

Adept

• Archive Access
  • 100 posts

As with most other things that had happened since her arrival, the Reaper showed little to no surprise in her expression to the events surrounding her. She first moved to follow the Dominion, but paused before turning to the defeated 'Prince', giving them a melancholic glance, and thinking for a moment.

"...You certainly are not engendering sympathy to Heaven's plot, Angel. One as high as yourself must know well what the guides of the dead think of keeping the fallen from their rightful fate. Yet you would bring us past Him while taking us to where you can reveal your reasons. I am quite certain you could have taken us there directly...Which implies you want us to be shown this display." She said after a moment, breaking to turn back to the archangel, eyes narrowed. 

Kaleb

Kaleb

Chief Technology Officer

• 786 posts

The Broken Prince sat upon his throne of thorns, recalling days when much richer pleasures surrounded him. Now in defeat, the only prize he had was the look of terror upon those poor unlucky souls they allowed into his prison -- not the present company, but those who had come before. Nothing gave him greater satisfaction than to watch as his visitors remembered his Dark Reign, and the horrors he had inflicted upon the realm at the height of his glory. However; this satisfaction was always fleeting, followed immediately every time with the sinking recollection of his own defeat at the hands of the heroes who had slain him. So he sat, dreaming of the day that he would break free from this cage and submerge the realm in darkness once more.

However; these newcomers did not greet him with the usual look of fear to which he had grown so accustomed. Instead, on the face of one, he saw kindness. Plex did indeed recognize this face, though his recollection was hazy because of the amount of time that had gone by, and the humiliation he had suffered on the part of his captors ever since. He recalled the battle over Aerai from the war eight years before. In fact, it was hard to forget. It had gone on for hours, and in the end, the fighters of that battle had proved more formidable than most every other throughout the war. It would be apparent to the priest that Plex was not entirely corporeal, but more ghoulish than what was typical for a normal, living being.

"Yes," the ghost spoke at once. "I do remember you. You were some of the only mortals worthy of personal combat with my domain. You dare come here to mock me?He turned to the reaper now as well. "And who might you be? Another embodiment agent, come to manipulate me into fulfilling your will?"

Ibiki, meanwhile, did not respond to the reaper's rants. He disappeared into the darkness of the throne room, down some unseen corridor. The sound of chains rattling could be heard from down this corridor. A few moments later, from this hallway, a figure would emerge... On the ground, crawling with his arms, his knees too weak to support him. He was desperate and hungry. It appeared to be a human man, young, his bones brittle and weak. Upon seeing the two newcomers, his eyes grew wide as he outstretched his hand towards them. "Please...Help me!"

The Broken Prince looked at the man with a look of... Pity. Hardly what one might expect from such an evil foe that had once submerged the Dimensional Plane in darkness and killed countless embodiments. No, Plex did not look like he wanted to feed on this weak human at all. However; from under the feet of all in the room, a rumbling would be felt. No, rumbling was inaccurate. It was more of a... growl.

EVg3qW9.gif

Nisorin

Nisorin

Novice

• Members
  • 43 posts
The priest looks to the Prince, then shakes his head. "I come not to mock, no. I come instead to converse. And possibly make a deal with you, and the one who slumbers Below." He says, as the angel walks away. "One such as you should not waste away here, even in defeat. Especially when your defeat was laced with victory. My name, is Verrtsi Trolec. High Priest of the Diviae faith. And I seek your release. Our goals are not so dissimilar."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users