Welcome to Shattered RPG
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Insanus Pt. 7: The Throne of a Dying World

Main RP

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Lyoko222

Lyoko222

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 571 posts
  • LocationRVA

"Though it does not exist here, we have a perceptively infinite amount of time. Somehow you have found a way to waste it with petty talk and useless questions." Constantine responded without bothering to look back. "So stay if you wish, but know that I would rather spend an eternity alone than around the likes of you, child. Your answers likely lie in Evlihim, so go and you may be able to leave this place and me."

My Characters:
Lt. Cmndr. Mark Tepper- Former CEO of Grunder Ind.
AI Delta- DAIS Director
Supr. Cmndr. Thel Valdamee- Supreme Commander of the Mechera Military/Interim INTERPOL Chairman
Fleet Adm. Aki Sora- Commander of the 3rd Zarethian Fleet
Mark Halsey/Tepper II- High Librarian for the Great Records of Time
Lord Nathan Church- Vampire, Galactic Inc. President of Security
Countess, Tera Mikami- Ruler of New Dementia
Admiral, Regis F Hermitage- Former Director of the Zarethian Hand
Vice Admiral, Lucien Z. Rychart- Pirate Lord [Zealot]/Demented Prince
Antonio Stradivari, Demonic General of the Army of Hell
AMI, city of Sulvian's AI
Insana, The Embodiment of Insanity.

Col. Tarkov, Zarethian Systems Security Sr. Field Officer (Former HIRU Colonel)
High Seraphim, Grunder Tepper- General of the Armies of Heaven

My NPCs-

Iudex, Juris de Facta- The Embodiment of Order

Lady Justitia de Facta- The Embodiment of Justice
The Giant Golden Dildo on the Sex Planet aka the Embodiment of Sex (Spoof)

Hikaru

Hikaru

Sage

• Members
  • 693 posts

Despite her quickly growing annoyance, Hikaru was able to keep her calm as she simply retorted, "Yes well.. You should know the scrolls can do anything considered impossible, including even bringing those that have died in permanence, or otherwise, back." She hinted before quickly adding with a shrug, "However.. since you do not wish to answer anymore of my questions, and even go so far as to call them useless, I guess that is your loss. Too bad for the fallen gods..." Hikaru then turned around with a smirk and headed in the direction he had indicated.

Lyoko222

Lyoko222

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 571 posts
  • LocationRVA

"We find ourselves once more alone, a fallen god on a ruined throne. In wastes of ash, her path unfurled, upon the throne of a dying world." he could be heard saying in much the same manner as the beginning of their encounter as she descended the stairs.

Once at the bottom, she found herself in the ruins of a city. It seemed familiar to her in an uncanny way, almost as if she had been there many times before. In glimpses and flashes she could see scenes of people walking about, conversing, and going about their daily lives. As she passes buildings and structures, pieces would fall off to the side and crumble its piles of dust, as if they had been held together precariously, an omen to the state of this place.

As she ventured out of the city, she would start to follow a path that led up a large hill that seemed to tower over the city which lie in a large valley, or so she could infer. At the start of the path, a sign could be seem with a clear message written on it in Embodiment but as she looked at it, the letters seemed to form into Common tongue...

"Sending this message was important to us.

We considered ourselves to be a powerful culture.

This place is not a place of honor.

No highly esteemed deed is commemorated here.

Nothing valued is here.

What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.

This message is a warning about danger.

The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours.

The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place.

This place is best shunned and left uninhabited."

Next to it was a large gate with the words "Evlihim Praetorium" inscribed above it.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director
Supr. Cmndr. Thel Valdamee- Supreme Commander of the Mechera Military/Interim INTERPOL Chairman

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Sage

• Members
  • 693 posts
With barely a glance to the words upon the sign, Hikaru continued on passed the gate. The longer she stayed in this place, the more she got the feeling that she had to get out somehow. While she had dealt with her fair share of contradictions and anomalies, glitches in existence as they were... none, even the dealings with the ingrounded, had ever felt as off as everything did now.

Echoes of the past in a world that seemed so dead one had to wonder why it was still standing. With every force of existence down to the very astral that made up the building blocks of the spirit, unreachable by will or manipulation. Yet, somehow a spirit or spirits could still exist here... How? Just what was this place?! Was she to believe that man in that it was just the remnants of the East of the Perfect? ...or was it more?

He had spoken of it as if it were some sort of punishment given how he had said exile and asked her what she had done to end up here. Yet, he had also mentioned that Insanity was apparently the reason he was there himself. So did that make it a punishment for what the Perfect did? But then how? Just what had been done to the Perfect and the East to apparently tear them from reality itself as it appeared? ...and how would Insanity have the power to do so?

To be void of forces, untouched by material existence, and in a state of perpetual contradiction, one would have to have the power to manipulate the entirety of existence itself, and even that may not be enough for such a feat. But if the Perfect were above the Embodiments then how could he--- wait ... hadn't Leirra said Insanity used the scrolls for some sort of mistake?

"So I see..." Hikaru muttered to herself aloud, the realization finally having dawned on her.  But even knowing that still didn't answer her most pressing question. Why was she here? Why did any of this involve her? Was this another damn 'lesson' of his after all? Or was it more? Given that this had happened right after Leirra had revealed to her, her own damned connection to Crea, Hikaru couldn't help but wonder if that were the reason. If this is what happened to the Perfect. Maybe existence needed to finish the job, and obtain their reincarnations as well. But if that were the case, Leirra should have been here as well. Every possible answer had to many doubts. So then... Why was she there?!

Lyoko222

Lyoko222

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 571 posts
  • LocationRVA

As she ascended the trail leading up the hill, 4 silhouettes came into view ahead. As she got closer, the haze would lessen to reveal 4 statues surrounding a circular plaza and just beyond it a large monastery behind a locked gate ahead. In the center of the plaza was a stone marker with a plaque atop it. Inscribed upon the plaque was;

"IN MEMORIAM,

The Four Guardians of Evlihim who selflessly gave their lives to ensure a future for all.

Prefect Consul, Iohn of the Order of Scholars

Prefect Consul, Lukas of the Order of Builders

Prefect Consul, Matthaeus of the Order of Adjudicators

Prefect Consul, Marcus of the Order of Tribunes

May their eternal watch continue to protect all life."

Each one of the statues was of a different man, beneath bore the name of the one it memorialized. Ahead of her was the gate with two podiums on each side and what looked to be an item on each one.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Sage

• Members
  • 693 posts

Once Hikaru had realized the gate was locked, she could only sigh, now brought out of her previous thoughts. Of course it wouldn't be that easy. Of course. Everything else had been riddles, and incessant games up to this point, why should she think a place of complete anomaly separate from Insanity's realm should be any different?

The sage grumbled as she rolled her eyes. The question was, now what? Should she go back to that man and tell him he lead her to nowhere or possibly try to find something to break the lock with? She turned around to survey the area as the last question crossed her mind and walked over to examine the items more closely to see if they would be of any use.

Lyoko222

Lyoko222

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 571 posts
  • LocationRVA

On the pedestals sat familiar objects made of stone. They looked as if they could be picked up.

On the far left one sat a crown, and an inscription "With my voice, I conquer"

On the middle left one sat a sword, and an inscription "With my legs, I march to war"

On the middle right sat a set of scales, and an inscription "With my eyes, I judge and uphold the law"

On the far right sat a book, and an inscription "With my life, I taketh life"

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Sage

• Members
  • 693 posts

Hikaru, not being too keen on solving riddles or playing more games, instead grabbed the sword the moment she saw it. She then went back to the gate and impatiently tried to use it to slash the lock.

Lyoko222

Lyoko222

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 571 posts
  • LocationRVA

The moment the stone sword made contact with the gate, a blue force field repelled it and a rune of some sort illuminated in white where the impact had been. The force of the repulsion would send her flying backwards onto the plaza, sending up a cloud of ash where she landed, the sword would fly from her hands and come to rest at the foot of one of the statues.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Sage

• Members
  • 693 posts
Well that hadn't gone as she had planned. Hikaru groaned as she picked herself up off the ground after the knockback. Then again, it wasn't unexpected either... She searched around to see where the sword had been thrown to, but stopped when she found it and glanced back to the other items. Should she try again with the sword, or use something else on the lock ? The book may be heavier.

But then again... Her eyes settled on where rune had appeared just moments ago. If that had been magic, which also made no sense given that she sensed no magic in this place, then trying to break the lock probably wasn't going to work... She sighed. Must she really be forced to play the games of whoever the hell it was that was pulling strings?

Hikaru looked back to where the sword had fallen before sighing a second time and heading over to pick it up. If she ever saw that man again, she'd be sure to try her utmost to strangle him...

Once at the statue, Hikaru finally took the time to examine it. Just because she didn't want to play games, didn't mean she was particularly bad at them... She simply didn't have the patience. But if she was going to be forced to, in order to proceed. Then so be it...

Lyoko222

Lyoko222

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 571 posts
  • LocationRVA

The Statue was a man dressed in robes, his hand outstretched as if he was holding something. His face had a sense of familiarity to it, not just as if she had known him in a second life, but as if she herself had met him.

The following was inscribed at the base;

"The Eye of Providence"
Prefect Consul Matthaeus of the Order of Adjudicators

"The gate to a new age opens before us. 
Let us cheerfully venture into new frontiers with vigor and judicious benevolence. 
For progress requires sacrifice, and sacrifice shall be made. 
Come and see, and I shall show you the path ahead."

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Sage

• Members
  • 693 posts
Hikaru raised an eyebrow. There was that term again, eye of providence. Twice now, she had heard the term mentioned as of recently.First by Order, where he had claimed it of himself, and now by the Perfect's leader in reference to what had caused her to be in this place. Now, here it was again... Did that mean it was Order who had sent her there? But how?

She stared at the statue another moment before backing up and raising her hand, lining it up so that it would cover just the eyes of the statue as if she was trying to confirm the theory before moving on to read the rest of the statues. Hikaru's curiosity now getting the better of her.

Lyoko222

Lyoko222

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 571 posts
  • LocationRVA

The moment she brought her hand up to cover the view of the statue's eyes, a flash of a man would appear. Tall, pale skinned like the Embodiments and perfect, he had snow white hair with a streak of black in it. His eyes were a deep purple, and he portrayed a visage of a man looking ahead, into the future. Immediately it was followed by a transition into a flash of Juris de Facta, his face somewhat older than the previous man, his hopeful look replaced by a cynical scowl.

Her vision would quickly return back to the emptiness of the place she was in, the statue in view and nothing but the howling wind around her.

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Sage

• Members
  • 693 posts
As soon as the flash ended, Hikaru shook her head, the words from Tera about the Embodiments once all being people coming to her mind as she did. It seemed the lackey of Insanity's words were now shown to be true. But why? Why was she here being shown this. Why did whoever brought her here think she even cared? Was it Order that did it? Why?!

If you can impart to me anything at all in memory, Crea, now would be a really good time... Hikaru thought to herself as she walked over to see the other statues.

Lyoko222

Lyoko222

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 571 posts
  • LocationRVA

The next statue around the plaza was yet another man dressed in robes. One hand rested by his side, and the other looked as if it had been holding something that rested on his shoulder. The inscription read;

"The Warden Eternal"
Prefect Consul Lukas of the Order of Builders

"The path ahead is fraught with peril.
Though we walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
we shall fear no evil. 
A warden walketh beside me. 
Forever and always."

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Sage

• Members
  • 693 posts
Hikaru simply stared, uninterested at the statue for a moment before moving on to the next one.

Lyoko222

Lyoko222

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 571 posts
  • LocationRVA

The next statue stood a little taller than the rest. His right arm was extended, pointing in the direction ahead of him, towards the gate. His mouth was open as if shouting a command. The inscription read;

"The Didact"
Prefect Consul Iohn of the Order of Scholars

"A quiet apocalypse looms when the masses remain in the dark.
Many people will seek the light, but few will find the spark.
The Teacher is ready to teach, when the Student is willing to listen.
Those who chose to sit and refuse is a fault of their own condition"

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Sage

• Members
  • 693 posts
Taking note of the end part of the inscription, Hikaru took longer to stare at the third statue than she had the last, in an attempt to see if she recieved any sense of familiarity from it. When she didn't, she gave up and sighed before moving on to the last statue, her suspicion of the whole thing increased.

Lyoko222

Lyoko222

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 571 posts
  • LocationRVA

The final statue had a face devoid of emotion. He had his left hand held up as if he had once been holding something, and a quill in his right hand.

"The Keeper of Sins"
Prefect Consul Marcus of the Order of Tribunes

"I have seen the future, and it is bleak.
Tis no more voice, no one shall speak.
The strong shall lead the many meek,
but none shall find the truth they seek."

My Characters:
AI Delta- DAIS Director

My NPCs-

Hikaru

Hikaru

Sage

• Members
  • 693 posts

By the time she had finished reading the inscription to the final statue, Hikaru could easily see what needed to be done. Four stone statues, four stone objects of the same material, and all themed to the statues in some way? It didn't take a genius to figure out the setup. From what she could figure out, all that was left to be done was to place the objects in the places they belonged to either unlock the gate or open a new path; A typical puzzle for a typical ancient ruins of the magic lands---only, that's where the similarity ended. This was not the magic lands...

If that man was to be believed, then this place was unreachable by normal travel and given its lack of magic and other forces, probably cut off from the planes entirely. Not the place you would expect to find such a thing unless someone set it up. But who? He had mentioned meeting some sort of guardians... Then were they behind it? Or was the Perfect leader himself playing games?

Hikaru continued to stare at the last statue, contemplating as she thought over it all. Two of these statues held names of people that Order had mentioned in reference to the Revelation book and others like it. One of the statues that held one of those names, even inscribed a quote that Order had said to her from before, and then the statue that looked somewhat like Order held the term that Order had called himself. ...What did it all mean...?

Was Order the reason she was there? Maybe there was no 'there.' Maybe she guessed right from before, and her visit with Leirra had all been a dream, and she was still unconscious in the realm of Insanity. The last conversation she had had before Leirra, after all, had been with Order. Maybe this was all just different parts of some messed up dream sequence she was forced into. The theory held some weight... but ---

"ARGH!!!" Hikaru ran her hands through her hair in frustration, by now feeling played and growing madder by the minute. Should she just solve it and see what happens or where it leads next? But what she really wanted to do, was go back and demand answers from that guy, though she had the suspicion he would never give them...

"GRRR TO HELL WITH THIS!" Hikaru walked over and grabbed the stone scales. "I AM NOT SOME PAWN!" She yelled in anger and threw it at the head of the first statue she had examined.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users