Welcome to Shattered RPG
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Insanus Pt. 6: Amicus Curiae

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

Lyoko222

Lyoko222

Chief Strategy Officer

• Owner
  • 561 posts
  • LocationRVA

(OOC Note: Moved from Part 5.5, post was originally Nisorin's)

The moment Leirra's name rolls off Hikaru's tongue, everything simply, stops. The light breeze disappears, and every single moving thing save Hikaru herself stops moving. The area goes deathly silent as the colors begin to intensify until everything is either bright neon or intensely vivid. Roses and lilacs sprout endlessly around them, cutting Hikaru off from Juris as the bushes grow higher. To her right is the only clearing, where the skeletons of a horse and it's tall rider lay partially covered with moss. The breeze behind again, blowing lightly from the clearing and carrying a warm, earthy scent.

The wind rattles the bones as the plants start to fill in the gaps of the rider's corpse. Odd tones of old brass instruments fill the impromptu garden, accompanied by snares and flutes.

"Come along now
Run away from the hum-drum
We'll go to a place that is safe from
Greed, anger and boredom

Come with me, catch a rare type specimen
Cuddle up with a hesitant skeleton
We'll break our fast with friends~"

The wind strengthens as the rider shifts, the flowers and moss filling in the gaps between the bones as it stands. It was taller than Juris, eyes glowing a bright silver as the flowers weave themselves into a waist-long approximation of hair. It steps forward, watching Hikaru as the horse begins to stand, though the plants do not spread to cover the bones.

My Characters:
Lt. Cmndr. Mark Tepper- Former CEO of Grunder Ind.
AI Delta- DAIS Director
Supr. Cmndr. Thel Valdamee- Supreme Commander of the Mechera Military/Interim INTERPOL Chairman
Fleet Adm. Aki Sora- Commander of the 3rd Zarethian Fleet
Mark Halsey/Tepper II- High Librarian for the Great Records of Time
Lord Nathan Church- Vampire, Galactic Inc. President of Security
Countess, Tera Mikami- Ruler of New Dementia
Admiral, Regis F Hermitage- Former Director of the Zarethian Hand
Vice Admiral, Lucien Z. Rychart- Pirate Lord [Zealot]/Demented Prince
Antonio Stradivari, Demonic General of the Army of Hell
AMI, city of Sulvian's AI
Insana, The Embodiment of Insanity.

Col. Tarkov, Zarethian Systems Security Sr. Field Officer (Former HIRU Colonel)
High Seraphim, Grunder Tepper- General of the Armies of Heaven

My NPCs-

Iudex, Juris de Facta- The Embodiment of Order

Lady Justitia de Facta- The Embodiment of Justice
The Giant Golden Dildo on the Sex Planet aka the Embodiment of Sex (Spoof)

Hikaru

Hikaru

Sage

• Members
  • 681 posts

Had Hikaru still had her memories, she would have known exactly what was going on, or at least had enough information to have taken an educated guess. As it stood though, once more, the last hour or so was now a blur which left the Sage simply lost before the scenery that now greeted her.

Judging by the riddle, and appearance of what seemed like yet another damn horse, Hikaru could sort of piece together that this had to be yet another damn game of Insanity's. But several questions remained. For one, how did she get to this point? The last think Hikaru could recall was falling unconscious, yet, she did not remember waking up... Was this a dream then or more mind games? Whatever it was, Hikaru was not amused.

"First Tepper, then that Demon, and now, this." She crossed her arms as she simply glared at the figure and its horse. "Insanity seems to be getting a bit repetitive now...  Anyway, whoever you are, cut the riddles and formalities and just get on with it.." She grumbled. "Before I simply refuse to play..." As she spoke, Hikaru scanned the areas with her eyes. Was it a dream? Or did she somehow wake up without knowing she woke up? Was there even a way to test if this was reality or not? If it was a normal dream, she should be able to control it. But this was Insanity's realm, and though she couldn't recall much of what happened the last several hours, she could remember that follower of Insanity's pointing out that she was a little more under the power of this place and its master than she would like to be.

Hikaru sighed, her gaze going back to the figure. Until she had an idea of what was going on. She would play along. For now.

Nisorin

Nisorin

Adept

• Members
  • 135 posts
The woman steps up to her, waves of power edging the hedges to spread away from them. Each wave resonates with something within her, aiding to revitalize her more and more, though within it was something else. As the waves continue to recover Hikaru's strength, her voice rings out again, calling out both to Hikaru, and the remnants of another within her yet to awaken.

"We'll dance and sing till sundown
And feast with abandon
We'll sleep when the morning comes
And we'll rise by the sound of the birdsongs

Once we're fed, we shall disappear rapidly
Many moons to the west of here and happily
Your journey shall soon end"

She extends her hand out to Hikaru, the moss and vines on it browning before crumbling away to reveal a smooth, pale woman's hand. The horse walks up as well, the plants under its feet wilting and decaying to dust with every step.

Hikaru

Hikaru

Sage

• Members
  • 681 posts

"I said, cut the riddles!" Hikaru repeated herself more sharply this time. She may have decided to play along. But that didn't mean she had the patience to deal with the theatrics that came beforehand.

Nisorin

Nisorin

Adept

• Members
  • 135 posts
The odd figure breaks out in an unnaturally large smile, and laughter can be heard from within the plants. Unseelie Fae of all shapes come scuttling and flittering out of the vines, watching her with intrigue as the ambient power starts to tingle and spark against her skin. They quickly part for the woman, looking into Hikaru's eyes. One glowed a bright green for the Seelie courts, the other a deep violet for the Unseelie, and a third opens up in her forehead, a vibrant pink.

"There's no such thing as time to kill
Nor time to throw away
So, once for the bright sky, twice for the pig sty
Thrice for another day"

She sings out, watching her as the energy shifts around her hand to nudge it towards Leirra's.

Hikaru

Hikaru

Sage

• Members
  • 681 posts

Hikaru's gaze immediately shifted to her hand as the energy started to pick up around it. That was strange... She hadn't sensed any magic.. Then again, her senses had been dulled since losing her soul and worse since coming here and going so long without it. She then looked back to the figure as it sang its song. Maybe there was more to this riddle than she first assumed. A spell? Or another illusion?

She sighed. Whatever it was, it was apparent as to what it wanted. She just really didn't want to give it to it in the case it was a trap of sorts. With another sigh after making up her mind, Hikaru let her hand be guided to reach out and take the figures.

Nisorin

Nisorin

Adept

• Members
  • 135 posts
She takes Hikaru's hand, and one of the smaller Fae takes out a coin. It sets it on the ground between Leirra's feet and Hikaru's, spinning it on its side. The moss covering Leirra slowly begins to dry and crack as the bushes grow further, arching over their heads like a dome to hide them from sight.

"I tried to linger a while
The clouds drifted by with a smile
Dreams ran alongside and let me pass by

But cruelty came
From nights' purple cave
Through the garden gate
With heavy heart enslaved
And fear wasn't far behind"

She sang out, the Fae cackling as they, too, appeared to decay. Their forms rotted into the ground, their essence sinking into it. And all at once, at the coin's last ring, the music is silenced. The ground disappears into a hole leading outside existence. Leirra shifts to mount the falling skeletal horse, leading Hikaru towards a faint sent of an autumn forest, the moss nearly gone revealing her pale, scarred skin.

"Come and see, and behold a pale horse. They who sat upon it was Death, and Armageddon followed behind."

Hikaru

Hikaru

Sage

• Members
  • 681 posts

Hikaru followed, but kept an eye out the entire time at her surroundings. She stopped abruptly the moment she saw the figure reveal itself to be Leirra. The same Leirra she had dared to ask the help of... Was this dream now mocking her or if it was real, had the Embodiment been roped into changing sides? Hikaru grimaced at the thought. "When I asked that you take me with you, this is not what I had in mind." She glared at her.

Nisorin

Nisorin

Adept

• Members
  • 135 posts
Leirra chuckles a bit, shifting to make room on the horse for her. They now rode in a tunnel skirting the edge of existence, one side brilliantly shining with the splendor and terror of creation. The other side, blank. "It is only with the energies and properties of the Unseelie Court that I can pull you out of Insana's realm despite the tether placed upon you that keeps you there, Mrs. Tyris. I apologize for the abrupt and rather showy entrance, but it was part of the weaving. Also, I apologize for making you wait so long. I had a surprise run in with something from my past, a particularly unpleasant something. For now,I simply have to intonate the passage from Winter to Summer, and we will be safely in my domain." She explains, before turning forward again to begin the final part of her spell. The last of the moss falls from her, leaving her bare as her voice rings out with a power less refined than magic.

"Weighed down by morning
In my birthday suit
Lift up the evening
Just for a while
Backwards, upside down and inside out
So hold on or we'll all fall down
Oh heave the oceans do
Won't you

I'll keep my ears on
I'll keep my eyes open
I'll keep my legs in sight
And wait 'till we all fall down"

With the last word they pass through the horse, through the bottom of the tunnel, and everything shifts to black. Within the blink of an eye they both stood in a clearing of a thick forest, Fae of all sorts going about their day around them, welcoming Leirra by the title Titania. Leirra herself smiles, shifting to conjure a simple dress of moonlight, before she turns to Hikaru.

"Shall we talk over lunch, Mrs. Tyris?"

Hikaru

Hikaru

Sage

• Members
  • 681 posts

Unseelie court? Fairies? Hikaru rose an eyebrow but stayed silent after that. While she had basic knowledge of them having studied most magical creatures that she could. She however, did not know they were capable of such feats as Leirra had claimed. Especially to go as far as breaking out of an Embodimen'ts domain. Was there something else she had missed? Another power at work perhaps?

Hikaru shook her head and dropped the thought as they arrived in the forest. She was quick to avert her eyes, to giv e Leirra her privacy until the Embodiment had redressed. At her statement, she looked back to her. "While lunch is unnecessary, I do want answers." She crossed her arms. "To start, you can explain your little ritual."

Nisorin

Nisorin

Adept

• Members
  • 135 posts
Leirra laughs and smiles to Hikaru, waving to her to follow. "Unnecessary? You don't need to worry about how long we take here. The Fae realms are amongst the most separated from time than any, even other Embodiment domains. As for the ritual, it's a very long explanation. Suffice to say it involves a few, primordial tricks and existential sleights of hand from before the embodiment system was made. Though that bit about the horse was a favor to Mrs. Mikami." She says, glancing to a spot where a garden table and chairs grew from dried vines from the ground.

"Welcome to the combined domains of Protection and Love, the twinned lands of the Fae. This in particular is Tir na Nog, of the Seelie Court. Of course, this place long predates even the Perfect, nevermind the Embodiments. Do you prefer meat based sandwiches, or a nice jam perhaps?"

Hikaru

Hikaru

Sage

• Members
  • 681 posts

"As I said, unnecessary." Hikaru waved her hand. "One of the better things about being 'dead,' is that I have not had the need to consume food for several years now." She rolled her eyes but then stopped. Embodiment System...  Leirra had definitely said Embodiment System. Where normally the term would have been unimportant to her as of current, it instead brought a strange feeling, and an even stranger thought to surface.

"Speaking of Embodiment System, I need you to make me an agent." She suddenly stated out of nowhere.

Nisorin

Nisorin

Adept

• Members
  • 135 posts
Leirra promptly chokes on her tea a moment, in a bout of laughter. "No offense meant, Mrs. Tyris, but I think you would be a rather poor Cupid, don't you? What makes you want to be my Agent?" She asks, waving for her to sit down anyway. "And if you think food here for the Fair Folk is a physical necessity, you are vastly mistaken. This is food to rejuvenate the mind, energize the spirit, and replenish one's magic. Though in your case, without your Soul, it would be a finite thing." She says wistfully, as if an afterthought.

"Besides, no child of Nix could truly die. My sister and I fashioned it's flames ourselves after all. Though I was mostly involved in the theories behind it, unfortunately. A grand creation, that. I miss him still"

Hikaru

Hikaru

Sage

• Members
  • 681 posts

"Yes, I probably would." Hikaru admitted while finally taking her seat. "Aside from the rare instance of Koty, I have never really been one to extend love..." She looked to the side a moment before focusing back on Leirra. "Believe it or not. I do not know why I am requesting this of you. I just have a feeling... No, rather, a strong feeling that it is important somehow. I recall myself telling myself that I needed to ask, yet I cannot, for some reason, recall why I told myself such a thing. Just that I had to remember to do so..." She had a look of bewilderment as she tried to explain.

"Perhaps it was one of my escape plans, or had something to do with why my counterpart is suddenly no longer here..." She quickly shook her head. "This must all sound insane, but I suppose that is what goes with having spent however long I have had to spend in that damn domain of his."

Having her thoughts too preoccupied on as to what she couldn't remember and why she couldn't remember, Hikaru had missed the part about Nix.

Nisorin

Nisorin

Adept

• Members
  • 135 posts
Leirra smiles knowingly, nodding at this as she offers Hikaru a jam filled cookie. "You spoke to me, in a sense, before the cause of your confusion, do not worry. Though you hadn't mentioned being an agent. Unfortunately there is a roadblock of sorts to that." She says, pouring a tea for her that smelled vaguely like the popular teas in the Phoenix Kingdom during her early childhood.

"Your misunderstanding of mine and my sister's spellwork you used on Destruction. I do not appreciate my spells being insulted like that, mind you, but that's not the real issue with it. Ararus, or Koty as I believe you are more familiar with, was not created by or because of my seal. In a way, by sealing his connection to Destruction you released his personality from its constant need to stay dormant to heal from the effects of his own domain. He never stopped being Koty." She says bluntly, looking Hikaru right in the eyes. "You cannot lie to your own heart, Child of Nix."

Hikaru

Hikaru

Sage

• Members
  • 681 posts

Hikaru held up her hand to turn down the cookie before glancing down at the tea. She stared into it. What did Leirra mean that she had spoken to her before? All she could remember speaking to Leirra about, was want of escape, and events that had led her to being trapped. She had also given her her memories, but those hadn't included anything she herself didn't recall. So what did she mean before...?

"I suppose asking you for that matters not anymore if it was a means of escape. Seeing as you found another way to escape without it----" She stopped what she was saying abruptly and looked back up at Leirra when she went on about Koty. "What do you mean your spells? I used the Revelation book. As for the matter of Koty... Destruction himself seems to disagree with you. He was extremely clear about stating that Koty never existed and was simply the seal given sentience..." Her voiced turned bitter the more she spoke of it. "Which of course leaves the question as to what that makes my children.. But that is beside the point."

Nisorin

Nisorin

Adept

• Members
  • 135 posts
Leirra sighs and sets down her cup. "You've known me as Animas, and Leirra of the Embodiments. But I am older than the Embodiments, Mrs. Tyris. I am older even than Nix. I am Leirra Orthan, consul representative of the Lifeshapers of the Perfect. My sister, Crea, and I crafted that Mark and much beside within that book. We together crafted the foundings and bindings of the Embodiments. I fought in the Grand War against our oppressors, where Constantine used the Records of Akasha, or the Arami Scrolls as they're known now, to free us from our creator's oppression. Just as I fought beside Insana and my brother in law Juris to similarly liberate the Embodiments, before becoming one. Do not speak to me of your incomplete understanding of the Book's magic, I wrote it." She says calmly, her eyes showing the weight of the countless wars and atrocities she had witnessed.

"Koty wished to spare you the pain of loss and grief. As all lovers will. But that is what prevents you from becoming an agent. You are no longer able to embrace the Love you have. Mrs. Tyris." She adds, stressing the Mrs.

Hikaru

Hikaru

Sage

• Members
  • 681 posts

"You---..." Hikaru looked at her, her eyes somewhat wide before she stopped and started to laugh, not a short laugh as per usual when she was skeptic, but actual laughter that she was near giggling as she fought to control herself. "You must be joking... " She turned back to skepticism. "Now I really do know this is a dream. The you I met before falling unconscious was most likely real, but at this point I do not believe I ever woke up. How else could such an outlandish tale make sense. Breaking out of an Embodiment's domain, newfound unheard of powers by magical creatures in doing so, and then talk of beings before even the Perfect? While I am curious of such things, I gave up on finding anything out about that since years passed.  There exists no record found of who the Perfect were, their lives, spells, or anything aside that they were called the Perfect and that they created everything, and where the source of even that information came from is lost. Yet, you expect me to believe such a story?"

Her eyes narrowed as Hikaru crossed her arms once more and sat back, all laughter in her tone disappearing. "What is your goal here, figment of the mind? Is this yet another mind game? Because if it is, I am not amused."

Nisorin

Nisorin

Adept

• Members
  • 135 posts
Leirra watches her a moment, thinking it all through. "You don't believe me. I suppose that's not an unreasonable reaction, it would be an absurd tale considering how little the mortal races understand. But there's a part in you and your Other in North that is from that era, and she knows the truth. In fact, in regards to this Hikari understands things better than you do. But I'll demonstrate." She says, standing up from her seat. With her eyes locked on Hikaru's, she shifts the muscles in her arms and the Mark of Revelations carves itself into the table before Hikaru. Its power surges out from the Mark, chains reaching up for Leirra's hand before rebounding off like they hit a wall. Even without her magic, the mark's power pressed against Hikaru's being. With another shift of her arm they erupted in Phoenix fire.

"The Perfect are not gone, Child of Nix, though few of us live and none in our original form. If you want more proof, I'll show you my memories of the creation of Insana Primoris. Or of Nix, the progenitor of your own species. Then I can show you the power and temptation of that which we both know you seek." She explains, her voice lower and darker as the Mark still rages. "I did not being you here to threaten you, or treat you like a child. But to help you, you will need to take me seriously."

Hikaru

Hikaru

Sage

• Members
  • 681 posts

Hikaru was quick to jump up the moment the mark appeared, and step back, guarding herself from the nearly un-tameable magic that was Revelations. She stared at it with a look of surprise yet fascination. It was unmistakenably Revelation magic, even without her soul, she could feel the difference in power and signature between it and any other magic. But how...? As far as Hikaru knew, only those with the spell book, or now the bloodline since she she had consumed the spell book, could use such magic. Could it be that Leirra was actually telling the truth, as unbelievable as it was? Or was this an illusion? She had been in, or perhaps was still in the realm of Insanity after all... But could even Insanity make an illusion seem so real as to copy the literal signature of a rare magic type?

"Perhaps your tale holds some truth to it after all.." Hikaru finally responded, as she stepped forward and back near to the chains. She kept her eyes trained to them while focusing what senses she had left to feeling the magic, searching for some form of familiarity to them. "But there are also parts, that seem as if they could be false. Like for one... you keep mentioning a 'Nix' and now claimed him as a progenitor. Yet, I have never heard of a Nix. There is Ignix, the Great Phoenix, but he was never known as just 'Nix.' She shook her head. "Yet, then, you also mentioned a part of something from that era in Hikari and I? That is curious..." She paused, thinking back to the conversation of grounding that she had had with Asura. In that conversation, Asura had had a theory... could Leirra have somehow heard that theory form her as well, and simply be mentioning it now? There was only one way to be sure about any of it...

"Fine, show me your memories. Because as current events stand, I fell unconscious in the realm of Insanity, and now wind up here to these stories... Anything could be a dream, illusion or simply false... I need more proof before I believe anything."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users